Aerotek

Aerotek Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr

Todd Mohr

Pros
  • good training - if you are in the top 1% of the company you can make a lot of money(in 17 reviews)

• Decent Commission Structure ability to make a lot of money(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are looking for work life balance, Aerotek is not the place for you(in 79 reviews)

• No work life balance- Your work a minimium of 45 hours a week(in 30 reviews)

Great Company for Entry Level recruitment/sales

Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) Montreal, QC

ProsThey employ the best training program targeted specifically at inexperienced new graduates. Difficult to get hired, it's fairly competitive, but they offer the best expertise and training program in the country. They are very sales oriented so if you're interested in Sales, they will give you the tools and the opportunity you need to succeed. The company is very organized, management is helpful and they have all the best tools at their disposal (training, software etc) They also drill very good work ethic and organization skills into you.

ConsThe hours are long! The expectation is that you spend atleast 10 hours a day at work. They monitor your performance carefully and the goals they set are not achievable in a 40 hour work week.

Contractor

ProsNo pros to this company,just take advantage of you.....

ConsBad pay(collect double the amount of what you get payed)

Advice to Senior ManagementStop taking advantage of contract employees.

Long hours, poor rewards.

Account Manager (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

Pros- Learn a lot about industry trends and skills
    - Strong desire to develop talent
    - Pushes your comfort zone

Cons- Hours are long....way to long
    - The commission is nice, but other agencies pay out more
    - It is a what have you done for me lately environment. They don't care about the work you did that helped them a few months ago. Don't hit your target now? Your job is in jeopardy.
    - Young people managing young people.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees more. There is a reason there is a high turnover rate there. You work people way to hard.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interesting Experience

N/A (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsIf you are a dedicated individual, there is much money to be made at a very young age, and very quickly. That being said, this is only accomplished by a few people.

ConsAerotek tries to make the culture feel like a business but it isn't really a traditional business. Many people are brought in with no experience at all, and the work is not very interesting. Sometimes, being assigned to a certain division can 'trap' you as some divisions make much more revenue than others.

Enjoyable

Recruiter (Former Employee) Calgary, AB

ProsGreat training and development.
    Young, fun, vibrant environment.

ConsIf you are looking to be a professional recruiter you will be at Aerotek for 2 years or less. There is no room for recruiter development, only sales people are compensated well.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are a recruiting agency, great job at developing recruiters but you need to figure out how to retain people who want to recruit vs go into sales.

It is a demanding environment that will progress people in a professional career or weed them out.

Recruiter (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON

Pros- Training
    - Glass Ceiling Commission
    - Career Path Outlines
    - Open door management
    - Feedback rich environment

Cons- long hours
    - low pay
    - high expectations
    - low job satisfaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake Aerotek more fun. Money is not everything.

I had a good experience thru Aerotek.

Buyer and Sourcing Analyst (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT (US)

ProsAerotek was always good at following up to see how the company was treating you to make sure you could handle the position.

ConsThey need to try to find out when the contract is suppose to end and find out more details.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis Temp company brought me lunch a couple of times which other temp companies I have used never has done before.

Aerotek

Recording Analyst (Current Employee) Detroit, MI (US)

ProsAerotek provided stability for a short time period

ConsIt would have been better if Aerotek could have provided employees with contract to permanent employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease provide permanent employment after six months.

Very Professional

Test Engineer (Former Employee) El Segundo, CA (US)

ProsReasonably good benefits for a contract job

ConsTemporary job has uncertainty of length of work

Advice to Senior ManagementFriendly

Shift Supervisor

Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) Naperville, IL (US)

ProsBeing paid for overtime when required, which was every week.

ConsNo change of pay during 3 years assignment

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more proactive in pay increases with employees representing you well.

Worked for Aerotek? Contribute to the Community!