Aerotek

Updated 29 January, 2015
3.2

Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr

Pros
  • With hard work, there is the potential to make a lot of money in Recruiting & Sales (in 24 reviews)

• Potential to make a lot of money as Recruiter or Account Manager (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are looking for work life balance, Aerotek is not the place for you (in 96 reviews)

• No work life balance- Your work a minimium of 45 hours a week (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company for Entry Level recruitment/sales

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Montreal, QC
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Montreal, QC

I worked at Aerotek full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They employ the best training program targeted specifically at inexperienced new graduates. Difficult to get hired, it's fairly competitive, but they offer the best expertise and training program in the country. They are very sales oriented so if you're interested in Sales, they will give you the tools and the opportunity you need to succeed. The company is very organized, management is helpful and they have all the best tools at their disposal (training, software etc) They also drill very good work ethic and organization skills into you.

Cons

The hours are long! The expectation is that you spend atleast 10 hours a day at work. They monitor your performance carefully and the goals they set are not achievable in a 40 hour work week.

Contractor

I have been working at Aerotek

Pros

No pros to this company,just take advantage of you.....

Cons

Bad pay(collect double the amount of what you get payed)

Stop taking advantage of contract employees.

Long hours, poor rewards.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Aerotek full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Learn a lot about industry trends and skills
    - Strong desire to develop talent
    - Pushes your comfort zone

Cons

- Hours are long....way to long
    - The commission is nice, but other agencies pay out more
    - It is a what have you done for me lately environment. They don't care about the work you did that helped them a few months ago. Don't hit your target now? Your job is in jeopardy.
    - Young people managing young people.

Value your employees more. There is a reason there is a high turnover rate there. You work people way to hard.

Interesting Experience

Former Employee - N/A in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - N/A in Toronto, ON

I worked at Aerotek full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are a dedicated individual, there is much money to be made at a very young age, and very quickly. That being said, this is only accomplished by a few people.

Cons

Aerotek tries to make the culture feel like a business but it isn't really a traditional business. Many people are brought in with no experience at all, and the work is not very interesting. Sometimes, being assigned to a certain division can 'trap' you as some divisions make much more revenue than others.

Enjoyable

Former Employee - Recruiter in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Calgary, AB

I worked at Aerotek

Pros

Great training and development.
    Young, fun, vibrant environment.

Cons

If you are looking to be a professional recruiter you will be at Aerotek for 2 years or less. There is no room for recruiter development, only sales people are compensated well.

You are a recruiting agency, great job at developing recruiters but you need to figure out how to retain people who want to recruit vs go into sales.

It is a demanding environment that will progress people in a professional career or weed them out.

Current Employee - Recruiter in Mississauga, ON
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Aerotek

Pros

- Training
    - Glass Ceiling Commission
    - Career Path Outlines
    - Open door management
    - Feedback rich environment

Cons

- long hours
    - low pay
    - high expectations
    - low job satisfaction.

Make Aerotek more fun. Money is not everything.

NOT BAD FOR WHAT IT IS: A TEMPORARY HIRE AGENCY

Former Employee - Material Handler in Appleton, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Material Handler in Appleton, WI (US)

I worked at Aerotek full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It was nice working first shift knowing what had to be done on a day in day out basis. The pay was not terrible for what it was ($12 per Hour). The staffing agency was very up front about the chances of being hired (slim) by any of the companies they were supplying with workers. You also know what your shift is on a day in day out basis (8 1/2 Hours for 1st and 2nd Shifts).

Cons

-Low Pay (certainly not bad for a Temporary Hire position, but not enough to live on)
    -No real chance for advancement/being hired by the Organizations they staff for.
    -During the first year, you are only authorized two vacation days.

As long as Aerotek remains honest about the chances of being hired on by the companies they provide for, I see no problem with this company. This was a temporary work opportunity before I decided to return to school to finish my degree and the agency was very upfront and honest about what the job would be.

Jan 06, 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience working with Aerotek! Your feedback is really important to us.

It is a nightmare

I have been working at Aerotek

Pros

They have tons of jobs...they only give it to white people...black people only get the $9.00 jobs...even if u have experience they not go help you

Cons

They don't even try to to help people...I been calling for almost years...They are very racist they want to keep black people down..I have witness them calling someone white for a $16 hr job after they told me I was next.they lied.

You need to screen your workers better...it's the southfiel office in Michigan...they very prejudice...they only take care or their white family...I hate that office...they use their power

Jan 30, 2015

Hello- Thank you for reaching out and were are sorry to hear about your poor experience working with us in our Southfield office. We value integrity and consistent communication and what you have ... More

Good Times, Happy Customers

Former Employee - Client Care Specialist in Detroit, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Client Care Specialist in Detroit, MI (US)

I worked at Aerotek full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The work environment was very fun and colorful. The company valued the customers as well as the employees. There was always help around when you needed it, either from team leaders or team members.

Cons

Very long work hours. No days off during the weekday.

Jan 29, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. In case you have any concerns, that you would like us to address, please email us at [email protected], so we can follow them up. Thanks.

Great Company, Great Team, Great Environment, Big bucks

Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to be a business owner on someone else's dime. Very inclusive and great environment.

Cons

You need to work hard every day to be succesful

Continue doing what oyur doing

Jan 29, 2015

Thank you for your comment. We are delighted to hear about your positive experience working with us. Thank you for being a part of our team.