Aerotek

Updated 2 March, 2015
3.1

Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr

Pros
  • With hard work, there is the potential to make a lot of money in Recruiting & Sales (in 24 reviews)

• Potential to make a lot of money as Recruiter or Account Manager (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are looking for work life balance, Aerotek is not the place for you (in 96 reviews)

• No work life balance- Your work a minimium of 45 hours a week (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company for Entry Level recruitment/sales

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Montreal, QC
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Montreal, QC

I worked at Aerotek full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They employ the best training program targeted specifically at inexperienced new graduates. Difficult to get hired, it's fairly competitive, but they offer the best expertise and training program in the country. They are very sales oriented so if you're interested in Sales, they will give you the tools and the opportunity you need to succeed. The company is very organized, management is helpful and they have all the best tools at their disposal (training, software etc) They also drill very good work ethic and organization skills into you.

Cons

The hours are long! The expectation is that you spend atleast 10 hours a day at work. They monitor your performance carefully and the goals they set are not achievable in a 40 hour work week.

Great work if you can handle it

I worked at Aerotek (more than 3 years)

Pros

For somebody with minimal experience in HR, sales, recruiting or admin, this is a great foot in the door. You can learn a lot if you're willing to put in the work. They promote only from within, so if you are looking for a longer term company, you can make it happen.

Cons

There is no work/life balance. If you want a life outside of work that does not consist of working at home on your laptop, this is not the place for you. This is also a very young company. You are expected to be social with all your coworkers outside of work and drink your faces off with them. If you don't drink, expect to feel left out. There is a lot of turnover so if you're new, you're learning from people not that much more experienced than you. It really can be the blind leading the blind sometimes. Finally, the only experience they value is Aerotek Experience. If you worked in sales for 5 years and wanted to come to Aerotek, you would start from the bottom as a recruiter before you could be considered for sales.

Stop hiring so many inexperienced people and value experience that comes from outside Aerotek. If somebody worked for 5 years as a recruiter before coming to Aerotek, they should not be starting from the bottom with people who have never even done a reference check before.

Contractor

I have been working at Aerotek

Pros

No pros to this company,just take advantage of you.....

Cons

Bad pay(collect double the amount of what you get payed)

Stop taking advantage of contract employees.

Long hours, poor rewards.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Aerotek full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Learn a lot about industry trends and skills
    - Strong desire to develop talent
    - Pushes your comfort zone

Cons

- Hours are long....way to long
    - The commission is nice, but other agencies pay out more
    - It is a what have you done for me lately environment. They don't care about the work you did that helped them a few months ago. Don't hit your target now? Your job is in jeopardy.
    - Young people managing young people.

Value your employees more. There is a reason there is a high turnover rate there. You work people way to hard.

Interesting Experience

Former Employee - N/A in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - N/A in Toronto, ON

I worked at Aerotek full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are a dedicated individual, there is much money to be made at a very young age, and very quickly. That being said, this is only accomplished by a few people.

Cons

Aerotek tries to make the culture feel like a business but it isn't really a traditional business. Many people are brought in with no experience at all, and the work is not very interesting. Sometimes, being assigned to a certain division can 'trap' you as some divisions make much more revenue than others.

Enjoyable

Former Employee - Recruiter in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Calgary, AB

I worked at Aerotek

Pros

Great training and development.
    Young, fun, vibrant environment.

Cons

If you are looking to be a professional recruiter you will be at Aerotek for 2 years or less. There is no room for recruiter development, only sales people are compensated well.

You are a recruiting agency, great job at developing recruiters but you need to figure out how to retain people who want to recruit vs go into sales.

It is a demanding environment that will progress people in a professional career or weed them out.

Current Employee - Recruiter in Mississauga, ON
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Aerotek

Pros

- Training
    - Glass Ceiling Commission
    - Career Path Outlines
    - Open door management
    - Feedback rich environment

Cons

- long hours
    - low pay
    - high expectations
    - low job satisfaction.

Make Aerotek more fun. Money is not everything.

I am very fortunate to have a career at Aerotek. It's an amazing organization and has provided me great joy and success!

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I can honestly say that I am a better version of myself now from when i started 8 years ago because of the mentors, principles, and tools that Aerotek has provided me over my career. This is a generous organization with conviction on what is right. You will be both professionally and financially secure here if you are committed to make yourself and others great!

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

Keep doing what you're doing. This company is a special place! Continue to promote humility, integrity, and accountability.

none'

I have been working at Aerotek

Pros

Need to keep employees going from contract to the next with minimal break time in between

Cons

not long enough work contracts

Need to keep employee steadily working

None

I have been working at Aerotek

Pros

I have 15 years of cable experience.

Cons

I will some additional training if necessary!

I am a dependable and hard working individual!