Aegis Living

Updated 29 January, 2015
4.6

Aegis Living CEO Dwayne Clark
Dwayne Clark

Pros
  • The thought of being able to spend my day with the kindest residents really makes me excited to come to work everyday (in 5 reviews)

• It really makes for a healthy, productive and forward-thinking work environment (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a lot of responsibility to provide the best care and service for seniors which requires having enough employees to give their 100% every day (in 5 reviews)

• no Cons that I can think about it (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Administrator

Current Employee - Executive Director in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent company, compeetitive, proud to come to work here, many opportunities for personal growth, rewarded through compensation and complements.

Cons

Keeping up with fast paced and industry is always challenging, but in a good way

Keep the excellent training coming.

A First Class Act!

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Sincere upper management that give positive feedback, a rare commodity nowadays!

Cons

Nothing I can think of as they cover all bases with regard to compensation, personal growth and leadership.

Continue doing what you're doing! I feel that it's a role model for other companies.

Fueled by growth opportunities to better not only oneself, but the senior community as a whole.

Current Employee - Manager in San Clemente, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in San Clemente, CA (US)

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A family styled work atmosphere that recognizes talent, dedication and promotes from within, while also benefiting from being a part of a generously loving heart directed toward the elderly and their families.

Cons

Due to demand, state regulations and the drive for only involving top of the class employees / colleagues, the work load can be daunting. It would be helpful if, in the least, more part time employees could be hired.

Please hire more part time workers to assist in menial, but incredibly time consuming, tasks.

Very positive experience in a company that cares.

Current Employee - Wellness Nurse
    Current Employee - Wellness Nurse

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Aegis is a very people-driven culture. It is very obvious they care about their employees and about their concerns. I work in the nursing side of Aegis and it is obvious that they communicate well, treat employees with dignity and respect, and have little "treats" that help employees (such as $1 lunches and $5 family meals).

They have little get-togethers every morning called "stand up" where you can pretty much talk freely about what's happening in Aegis or in your life. It's a very personal way to communicate.

I consider the pay to be competitive with some drawbacks (see the Cons section), but I do consider Aegis is a company of opportunity and growth as there are general managers within the company that are also registered nurses.

Cons

As a nurse these are the following cons:
    1. There is no differential for an evening/noc shift. As such there is sometimes fierce competition for scheduling for "prime" shifts as there is no incentive to work an evening or a NOC shift.
    2. Vacation hours are hard to come by. 90 days have to be worked before you see an hour of vacation pay, although sick time is provided after 30 days.
    3. OT is pretty much necessary in order to function properly here.

While I do consider the salary/pay to be competitive, I feel that there is not enough incentive for a person to take a NOC shift from a day shift position. This, to me, is one of the biggest concerns because scheduling is then based on a seniority position on high-demand shifts.

I would expect a high-class organization like Aegis to pay nursing (and care managers) the same differentials (or at least introduce one) for those who have to work an evening or nocturnal shift with the differentials scaled as appropriate.

Rare company that you can love

I have been working at Aegis Living

Pros

Doing good in the world for the greatest generation

Cons

balancing shareholders, residents, banks, employees and investors is a very difficult dance but not impossible.

Keep forcusing on exceptional resident care

Great place to work

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great employee oriented company,, let's you do you do your job

Cons

Nothing, great company to work for

Keep it up

This company raises the bar in assisted living programming.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Aegis Living

Pros

I love that I am encouraged to apply my most creative self to my job. I love working in a place that the residents truly enjoy living here. I love the occasional snacks prepared by the amazing culinary team.

Cons

Parking is scarce and it is a little bit creepy walking around the neighborhood in the dark.

Keep up the great work.

Inspiring Team of Colleagues

I have been working at Aegis Living

Pros

This is a company with a team that inspires one another to be their best at every level. Love the Stand Up's each week that set the tone for the days ahead. Genuine friendships grow with our residents.

Cons

When our clients come to us in the late stages of Alzheimer's or some other disease, it is a loss to us because we are more than staff and clients. The residents become friends and we mourn them.

Can't think of anything.

Best in Class

I have been working at Aegis Living

Pros

Aegis Senior Living with CEO Dwayne Clark truly strive to better the lives of senior citizens in all of their facilities. From staffing to amenities in the building, Aegis is committed to provide the best service to all of the residents. If my parents were in need of senior housing, an Aegis Senior Living facility would be where they would reside.

Cons

Unfortunately, they are not in same location as my parents!