Advantage Sales and Marketing

Advantage Sales and Marketing CEO Tanya Domier

Tanya Domier

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Never bored

Business Development Manager (Current Employee)
Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAdvantage is continuously growing which allows room for growth and more job responsibilities. They are acquiring new businesses left and right and have offices throughout the country. The leadership and mentor-ship are well rounded

ConsThey are slow to catch up with market base pay. If you are starting out, you start out below average. With a company growing so quickly, they need to be able to motivate their employees with cash rewards or substantial raises

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on compensation for those up and coming

Excellent growth opportunities for recent college grads

Business Development Manager (Current Employee)
Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsACE program is hands on training, great management, great team work while keeping an entrepreneurial spirit.

ConsCould be too corporate sometimes in the way they handle situations, it would be nice to have some fun like the larger well known companies do.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep conversing with the employees, engage ACE alumni whenever possible, keep motivating people through career growth and raises.

THE Company to Work For in the CPG Industry

Leadership Development Associate (Current Employee)
Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for less than a year

ProsSome of the pros to working at ASM are the endless possibilities. There is so much opportunity for growth within this company, and there are no limitations as to where your career can go. We not only offer positions in Sales and Marketing, our company spans to legal, technical, human resources, and more. At advantage you are encouraged to pave your own path and find the position that is best for you.

ConsOne con to working at Advantage is the transitioning from one role to another. This is something I struggled with, once I received a new position. I had a hard time taking on new work, while balancing training the new hire to take on my old role.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome advice I may have for upper management is to come up with a path for people to rise in this company that may have been here ten, twenty years. There are many opportunities for young people, however those who are more experienced and have been here the longest somehow stay in the position they currently have. So that is my advice, along with giving everyone a slight pay increase.

Developing company that has been instrumental and efficient with my development as a business professional.

Leadership Development Associate (Current Employee)
Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsGreat "team" atmoshphere. Solid leadership. Many opportunities. Innovative thinking and ideas are encouraged. Upper management is involved with all parts of the company. Great ACE program for recent college graduates. New business and clients gained every month which brings growth. The top grocery broker in the United States.

ConsWith so many clients on our portfolio sometimes it's hard to please every single client with the attention that they demand. Some markets in different parts of the country have more opporunities than others which makes it tough for some of the ACE candidates to get the necesarry experience depending on the market they are placed in initially.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more opportunities for LDA's to develop with the specified role they want to go into after the program.

Great Starting Job with Lots of Experience Opportunity

Leadership Development Associate- Retail/Sales (Current Employee)
Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsACE Program is a great out of College opportunity to launch a career. Provides a wide variety of real world business experiences and opportunity to develop long term skill sets. You also get great exposure to senior level employees who really want to see you succeed. This can result in rapid promotion if you are qualified and surpass expectations.

ConsPay starting out isn't adjusted based on location and can be very tight if living in an expensive area. Also the position can sometimes feel as if you are not contributing value, more just dealing with "busy work".

review of business development sales manager position

Business Development Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than 8 years

Prosdecent salary, good benefits, that is about all

Consoverworked, company does not care about employees, they care about their clients

Advice to Senior Managementback your people

Worked for Advantage Sales and Marketing? Contribute to the Community!

Advantage Sales and Marketing – Why Work for Us?

ASM was formed in 1987 on founder Sonny King’s vision of building a national sales and marketing agency focused on unparalleled service, customized solutions, and outstanding results. Today we are the leading sales and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advantage Sales and Marketing reviews and ratings in Pleasanton, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Advantage Sales and Marketing CEO Tanya Domier. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Advantage Sales and Marketing employees.