Advantage Sales and Marketing

Advantage Sales and Marketing Reviews in Pleasanton, CA

2.9

Advantage Sales and Marketing CEO Tanya Domier
Tanya Domier

Pros
  • Flexible part-time work; can volunteer to obtain additional hours (in 36 reviews)

• Work life balance, decent pay for the industry, 401k for part time employees (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Company began changing its business model and work-life balance changed to all work - no life (in 23 reviews)

• Upper management would tell us to do one thing and wouldn't follow thru on their end (in 41 reviews)

More Highlights

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Never bored

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Advantage is continuously growing which allows room for growth and more job responsibilities. They are acquiring new businesses left and right and have offices throughout the country. The leadership and mentor-ship are well rounded

Cons

They are slow to catch up with market base pay. If you are starting out, you start out below average. With a company growing so quickly, they need to be able to motivate their employees with cash rewards or substantial raises

Work on compensation for those up and coming

Excellent growth opportunities for recent college grads

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Pros

ACE program is hands on training, great management, great team work while keeping an entrepreneurial spirit.

Cons

Could be too corporate sometimes in the way they handle situations, it would be nice to have some fun like the larger well known companies do.

keep conversing with the employees, engage ACE alumni whenever possible, keep motivating people through career growth and raises.

THE Company to Work For in the CPG Industry

Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some of the pros to working at ASM are the endless possibilities. There is so much opportunity for growth within this company, and there are no limitations as to where your career can go. We not only offer positions in Sales and Marketing, our company spans to legal, technical, human resources, and more. At advantage you are encouraged to pave your own path and find the position that is best for you.

Cons

One con to working at Advantage is the transitioning from one role to another. This is something I struggled with, once I received a new position. I had a hard time taking on new work, while balancing training the new hire to take on my old role.

Some advice I may have for upper management is to come up with a path for people to rise in this company that may have been here ten, twenty years. There are many opportunities for young people, however those who are more experienced and have been here the longest somehow stay in the position they currently have. So that is my advice, along with giving everyone a slight pay increase.

Developing company that has been instrumental and efficient with my development as a business professional.

Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Pros

Great "team" atmoshphere. Solid leadership. Many opportunities. Innovative thinking and ideas are encouraged. Upper management is involved with all parts of the company. Great ACE program for recent college graduates. New business and clients gained every month which brings growth. The top grocery broker in the United States.

Cons

With so many clients on our portfolio sometimes it's hard to please every single client with the attention that they demand. Some markets in different parts of the country have more opporunities than others which makes it tough for some of the ACE candidates to get the necesarry experience depending on the market they are placed in initially.

Offer more opportunities for LDA's to develop with the specified role they want to go into after the program.

Great Starting Job with Lots of Experience Opportunity

Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate- Retail/Sales in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Pros

ACE Program is a great out of College opportunity to launch a career. Provides a wide variety of real world business experiences and opportunity to develop long term skill sets. You also get great exposure to senior level employees who really want to see you succeed. This can result in rapid promotion if you are qualified and surpass expectations.

Cons

Pay starting out isn't adjusted based on location and can be very tight if living in an expensive area. Also the position can sometimes feel as if you are not contributing value, more just dealing with "busy work".

review of business development sales manager position

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

decent salary, good benefits, that is about all

Cons

overworked, company does not care about employees, they care about their clients

back your people