Adobe Reviews

3.9
1,068 Reviews

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen
Shantanu Narayen

Pros
  • Company offers great benefits; flexible time-off policy; decent work-life balance (in 145 reviews)

• Good gym, great benefits, overall more positive experiences than bad ones (in 89 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance; the pressure comes from the top and it's hard to resist giving in (in 24 reviews)

• senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing company

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Lehi, UT (US)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Lehi, UT (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Challenging, yet laid back work environment. It depends on your manager, but in my team you are truly evaluated on whether you get your job done, and not on how many hours you spend in the office
    - Awesome products, amazing brand reputation, lots of growth opportunities
    - Work with sharp, bright people (recruiting is very selective -- I had to work very hard to get hired)
    - Unlimited PTO -- there is not a cap on how much PTO your manager can give you
    - Full week of the 4th of July plus full week of Christmas and New Years are paid holidays
    - At least for Utah, pay is above what you will get at other tech companies
    - Great benefits, especially the employee stock purchasing program where you can buy Adobe's stock at a 15% discount
    - Here in Utah, the Adobe campus is incredible. I feel happy while I walk through the building

Cons

- Lots of bureaucracy when it comes to practically anything (your manager needs a gazilion authorizations for anything you want to do or get)
    - Bureaucracy especially ridiculous when it comes to HR
    - Hiring freeze which forces teams to hire temporary contractors, creating a sense of instability within the company. You never know if your coworkers will be here next year, not because they are not performing, but because they are "blue badges".

Keep living Adobe's values as you do. Keep innovating. Start hiring full-time employees instead of contractors.

Adobe's a fantastic place to intern

Former Employee - Global Marketing BU  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Global Marketing BU in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at Adobe as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Pretty much everyone I met at Adobe was genuine, passionate and helpful. The company culture really thrives on its core values, which is what makes it so amazing. The recruiting team has been working on making its intern program more structured and expansive as well, so I'm very hopeful about its future growth.

Also, I got to work on some amazing projects this summer! Lots of events and a variety of things generally going on throughout the company.. keep track of them. No words could describe how incredible my manager/team were.

Cons

I know that some interns felt underworked, while others felt a huge push and pressure at the end of the internship rather than a balance throughout. it was also slightly awkward when another intern in the same general department told me what she was getting paid (hint, it was more).

Keep on being transparent with the employees and interns. We all really enjoyed the lunchtime talks, brunches, etc. It was great to hear about your experiences and learn about the company's general direction.

If you are an engineer and you want to become better this is one of th best companies in Romania

Current Employee - Computer Scientist  in  Bucharest (Romania)
    Current Employee - Computer Scientist in Bucharest (Romania)

I have been working at Adobe full-time

Pros

There are many great and good engineers in Adobe Romania. This means that the bar regarding the expected quality and efficiency is quite high.

Most engineering managers level 1 are quite OK in terms of supporting the engineers and managing the team dynamics. It is not that easy to promote in some directions eg. from individual contributor (software engineer) to engineer manager. You can move internally once you have a good reputation - it is not that hard to change projects.

The benefits are probably the best you can get in Romania.

Cons

The office doesn't really have product ownership which means that it is outsourcing type of work more or less. Decisions made in USA, teams in Romania execute.

There are lots of different teams and the pace is quite different. But overall it is hard to keep a work-life balance. Especially if you have to work directly with US, you'll have lots of evening calls/meetings.

Senior management lacks leadership, creating and explaining the strategy to individual contributors.

Clear communication about strategy, campus future. Smart people will see eventually through lies and the only reason they will stay for would be the money.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best company in the Silicon Valley!

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than a year

Pros

I never imagined I would find a company like this. We work on interesting stuff all the time using the latest technology. Adobe takes very good care of their employees; they make sure you get want you want from training to benefits. I simply enjoy going to work, enjoy sharing my ideas with intelligent (and humble) people who are always ready to help. People are not jealous of each others, they are ready to help you improve if they have time. It is true that not all teams are like this but I would say the majority of the teams I have seen there. These are some of the cons:
    Great products to work on
    Use of latest technology
    Great benefits
    Creative and innovative people
    No micro management
    Flexible hours
    Cool people to work with/for
    Fun activities for employees

Cons

Some managers can ruin the whole work experience.

Filter some "bad" managers

Worth starting your career with

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Noida (India)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Noida (India)

I worked at Adobe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A lot of smart people work here so there is no shortage of talent and experience to learn from. You get to interact and work with all the stakeholders very closely.
    Adobe is great at taking care its employees. It provides great pay, good health plan , regular events keep everyone interested and there is a freedom to work in the way it pleases you.

Cons

With inclusion of a lot of new people, Adobe has lowered the standard of people they are hiring. The standard of discussions among the peers is reduced a great deal. Apart from this, there is a lot of stagnation in the older projects. If you are trapped in one of those, there is no scope of innovation or growth .

Kindly improve the standard of hiring, please focus on quality and not quantity

Great place to work

I worked at Adobe

Pros

great management, benefits and product team. Culture was awesome and I really enjoyed working with the team.

Cons

omniture integration could have been better

Great opportunities and learning

Former Employee - Program Manager  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Program Manager in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at Adobe full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good management, leadership, competitive salaries
    I liked the generous time-off policy, including the shutdown vacations.
    Yu may find many intellectual and innovative peers.

Cons

Can't think of too many cons. But definitely feel there is limited work-life balance. Work may spill over on weekends and weeknights occasionally.

Employees stay a long time

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

flexible work environment, good location, great office space

Cons

everyone's opinion gets taken into account...too much so

make decisions that you stick to. don't be swayed by the popular vote.

Great Company To Work For

Current Employee - Computer Scientist  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Computer Scientist in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Generous amounts of time off with sick time and vacation. Good work/life balance. Great people to work with. Executive management are focused and committed to company's transition to cloud based services.

Cons

Upward mobility and paths for promotion are a little unclear.

Software Engineer

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Noida (India)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Noida (India)

I worked at Adobe full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance is awesome! Environment to work is awesome. Free lunch and dinner provided. Time to time trips and parties are organized to keep the mind fresh.

Cons

Growth is constant at Adobe. Also, devlopers are treated far better than testers in terms of salary. Bit of monotonous work for testers.

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!