Adobe

Adobe Reviews

Updated Apr 23, 2014

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen

Shantanu Narayen

Pros:
  • "Normally a good work-life balance and friendly direct manager and good people to work with"
    in 115 reviews
  • "great benefits, great work life balance, work from home opportunities, global team"
    in 72 reviews
Cons:
  • "For some teams, not-so-great work life balance"
    in 20 reviews
  • "senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels"
    in 37 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good Company

Executive Assistant (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at Adobe full-time for more than 8 years

ProsAdobe is a very good company, it's filled with great people, has excellent benefits, and makes great products. The yearly shut downs the week of July 4 and during the holidays in December are terrific.

ConsEvery Fall there are layoffs and tension becomes high among the mployees

Great work, great people, company tearing it up right now! Adobe is hip once again.

Group Manager (Current Employee)
Lehi, UT (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than 10 years

Pros- Very strong compensation packages. With the stock up, it's even more attractive - particularly with the employee stock purchase program where you get to lock-in your 'buy' price for up to two years even if the stock price is rising.
- Management is open, creative, and solicits big ideas from anyone in the company.

ConsThe working titles for employees seem to under-represent their actual status in the industry relevant to others with similar experience. For example...a group manager at Adobe is usually Director at other similar companies, senior directors at Adobe are often VP levels or exec directors at other companies. I know several people who've taken 'lesser titles' in lateral job moves.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your leaders with more senior titles representative of what they'd have at other companies.

Not bad but can be much better.

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

I worked at Adobe full-time

ProsNormally a good work-life balance and friendly direct manager and good people to work with.

Projects are normally challenging and you're always tasked on something just above your skill set that will make you personally grow.

Conslack of training, lack of career opportunities and you're normally forgot alone on customer side. Only focusing on billing and utilisation. The utilisation is what your bonuses are based on and you don't have any power in working on it as it's defined by the engagements that the engagement managers will find for you.

Travels are never part of utilisation but you're asked to travel and to make-up the time you eventually loose on customer side.

Salaries are below the average.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet in touch with the people you should work for. You should work for your direct reports, not the other way round. Try to fight for them instead of hiding.

Give them good salaries and career opportunities that match the market. It's a tough work in the field even if you sit in your chair comfortably.

Great People

Senior Computer Scientist (Current Employee)
Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat people to work with. Good pay. Top notch benefits. Good remote work policy.

ConsOffices that are not in the core locations are not well supported.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut some of the bureaucracy, especially around the current policy of closing small offices in favor of remote work. Better use of money to create a great work environment that fits the team, rather than a one size fits all approach.

Pretty Good

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Noida (India)

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than a year

ProsGood Work Culture
Creative Products
Good work

ConsHuge Difference between Dev vs QE

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more opportunities to QE's to grow as much as devs )If they show enough potential).

Overall a positive experience

I have been working at Adobe

ProsMostly good people - good resources - not completely driven by profit

ConsBig changes moving to SaaS - management maturity and skill varies

Advice to Senior ManagementHang on to what makes Adobe great - continue to thin the herd as needed.

An Amazing Growth Opportunity - The Sky Is The Limit Here

Lehi, UT (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe people we've been able to hire and work with at Adobe Utah are loyal, hardworking, and willing to help bring-up the whole of the group-- for these reasons and others, this is the type of place you look forward to coming to Monday mornings for years and years. This place is amazing! In the seven plus years I've been working here there have been many promotional opportunities; it's very much a merit-based organization where there is plenty of opportunity for top producers... with unmatched benefits/comp for the area as well.

ConsNo complaints as of now.

Advice to Senior ManagementDouble-down on Utah, the talent and loyalty here are great.

A solid company that is a good place to learn and grow skills

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Adobe full-time for more than a year

ProsMany different high quality market leading products to learn. Ability to leverage the extensive product line to drive new business opportunities.

ConsLike with any large company there is a decent amount of bureaucracy. Also there are fiefdoms and favorites within groups that at times limit career opportunity for high quality performers.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward people more on quality than connections within groups.

Great company with good work-life balance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Adobe

ProsGood technical managers and flexible work hours

ConsFrequent layoffs and have to perform well to keep the job.

Love

Adobe Student Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Adobe as an intern for less than a year

ProsThis program is task oriented and the program leaders are very engaged with the reps, creating a welcoming and open environment.
They respond to questions and concerns prompt, professionally, and honestly.
You get paid for each task you complete.
As a student taking 21 credits, I can say that this program does not demand an unfair amount of energy and effort from you.

ConsNone, it is a brand new program and everyone knows what they are doing. A promising future for Adobe, thumbs up.

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Adobe reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen. All 939 reviews are posted anonymously by Adobe employees.