Adobe

Updated Jul 26, 2014

3.8 1,017 reviews

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen

Shantanu Narayen

Pros
  • Company offers great benefits; flexible time-off policy; decent work-life balance(in 133 reviews)

• Good gym, great benefits, overall more positive experiences than bad ones(in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance; the pressure comes from the top and it's hard to resist giving in(in 23 reviews)

• senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels(in 37 reviews)

1,017 Employee Reviews

Great people, great culture

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bucharest (Romania)

ProsI like a lot that people are genuinely passionate about what their doing. I've personally never perceived it as a job but rather as a way of doing what you love.

ConsSharing knowledge and reuse the codebase amongst different teams could be improved. Sometimes you reinvent the wheel even though someone else in the company has most probably already done something similar in the past.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport more the personal development of the employee regardless of the immediate needs of the project.

Thoughts of Adobe

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMost of the people were wonderful to work with. Direction and growth of the company is innovative and fantastic

ConsFelt that individual contributors were not given the opportunities they could have

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the ICs a chance to choose if they are too busy or want to make the time to invest in themselves

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

perfect

Antipiracy Field Team Agent (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsEvery day is a new day. There are a lot of challenges and new obstacles. Every day is different and exciting. great benefits,smart co-workers

ConsCompany has to focus on retaining top talent

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not loose top talent for competitors. Remember hiring is tough.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company bad model

Account Manager (Current Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

ProsWork life balance is truly practiced

Consscrewed up payment of commission.

Advice to Senior Managementbad comp plans with that force you to sell out your territory. If you want growth than set up the comp plans to reflect that.

good company

Data Scientist (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

Prosall is ok with culture pomotions and leadership

Consi have good benefits at afobe

Advice to Senior Managementbenefits first personal growth second

Solid products, good culture, need to increase sales pay

Account Executive (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT (US)

ProsA very solid company culture. I feel like my contributions are valued. There is room to grow my career. More time off than I can possibly use in a year. The best place I have ever worked

ConsOver the last few years Adobe has really fallen behind in what they pay sales people. It is pretty shameful actually, and has lead to a huge exodus this year. Hope they can see the problem and get it corrected soon.

Great global company that really invests in their employee

ProsThe work culture and the team are amazing, people are clever but helpful and there's always a great atmosphere.
    The company really invests in their employees and want people to be happy in their role. Opportunities to make a difference "outside of your normal work" is highly evaluated and encouraged examples being CSR, overall business insights, interviewing new recruits, training team members etc. Work life balance is highly valued and you are basically told to go home if you stay too late in the evenings.

ConsIt's a big company so can be hard to change something that's implemented and running. Sometimes you don't really feel like a part of the company (HQ in San Jose, California) since everything comes from the US, examples being global calls with the CEO etc.

Place for retirement

Computer Scientist (Current Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

ProsGreat work life balance, people are nice to each other, feel like family.

ConsThere are lots of people take advantage of the relaxing culture, not feel much motivated, since they wont really appreciate that. no cash bonus for 2013 individual contributer

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease reward people who is really doing a great job

Great place to make a career.

ProsLots of opportunity for horizontal movement within the organization (I changed jobs about every 2 years). Family friendly.

ConsLike any large company the culture varies between groups and products. Used to be an overly consensus driven organization. Over the last two years moved a bit too far to the other side of the spectrum - a little too top down.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn order to execute on some of your biggest plans you need great middle management, but to do that will need to give middle managers more autonomy.

Good pay and corporate culture.

ProsAdobe is in the middle of a massive shift from desktop to cloud products and services, so there is a lot of opportunity to work on innovative projects. Very reasonable time off program, with short sabbaticals earned every 5 years. Interesting products and customers. Opportunity to make an impact. A lot of smart & friendly people work at Adobe and there isn't an overly competitive internal culture. Good salary and benefits and no career penalty for keeping a true work/life balance. (This might depend on your manager.)

ConsLack of cloud experience slows progress and leads to mistakes and service failures. Adobe doesn't currently have a CTO and the previous CTO was more concerned about pushing the dying flash platform. As a result, Adobe doesn't have a strong technical leader to manage it's primary mission to change from desktop to cloud. Marketing is stuck in old school product cycle thinking.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a great CTO, relax the hiring policies that prevent Adobe from bringing in external talent at all levels. Streamline internal processes to allow employees to make changes happen faster.

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!