Adobe

Adobe Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen

Shantanu Narayen

Pros:
  • "Normally a good work-life balance and friendly direct manager and good people to work with"
    in 115 reviews
  • "great benefits, great work life balance, work from home opportunities, global team"
    in 72 reviews
Cons:
  • "For some teams, not-so-great work life balance"
    in 20 reviews
  • "senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels"
    in 37 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Overall a positive experience

I have been working at Adobe

ProsMostly good people - good resources - not completely driven by profit

ConsBig changes moving to SaaS - management maturity and skill varies

Advice to Senior ManagementHang on to what makes Adobe great - continue to thin the herd as needed.

Great work, great people, company tearing it up right now! Adobe is hip once again.

Group Manager (Current Employee)
Lehi, UT (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than 10 years

Pros- Very strong compensation packages. With the stock up, it's even more attractive - particularly with the employee stock purchase program where you get to lock-in your 'buy' price for up to two years even if the stock price is rising.
- Management is open, creative, and solicits big ideas from anyone in the company.

ConsThe working titles for employees seem to under-represent their actual status in the industry relevant to others with similar experience. For example...a group manager at Adobe is usually Director at other similar companies, senior directors at Adobe are often VP levels or exec directors at other companies. I know several people who've taken 'lesser titles' in lateral job moves.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your leaders with more senior titles representative of what they'd have at other companies.

An Amazing Growth Opportunity - The Sky Is The Limit Here

Lehi, UT (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe people we've been able to hire and work with at Adobe Utah are loyal, hardworking, and willing to help bring-up the whole of the group-- for these reasons and others, this is the type of place you look forward to coming to Monday mornings for years and years. This place is amazing! In the seven plus years I've been working here there have been many promotional opportunities; it's very much a merit-based organization where there is plenty of opportunity for top producers... with unmatched benefits/comp for the area as well.

ConsNo complaints as of now.

Advice to Senior ManagementDouble-down on Utah, the talent and loyalty here are great.

A solid company that is a good place to learn and grow skills

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Adobe full-time for more than a year

ProsMany different high quality market leading products to learn. Ability to leverage the extensive product line to drive new business opportunities.

ConsLike with any large company there is a decent amount of bureaucracy. Also there are fiefdoms and favorites within groups that at times limit career opportunity for high quality performers.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward people more on quality than connections within groups.

Great People

Senior Computer Scientist (Current Employee)
Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat people to work with. Good pay. Top notch benefits. Good remote work policy.

ConsOffices that are not in the core locations are not well supported.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut some of the bureaucracy, especially around the current policy of closing small offices in favor of remote work. Better use of money to create a great work environment that fits the team, rather than a one size fits all approach.

Software developer

Software Developer (Current Employee)
Beijing, Beijing (China)

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than 5 years

Prosflexible working time
most people around are easy-going

Consstruggling in a transition period from a traditional desktop software company to a service company

Advice to Senior Managementmiddle-class leaders should be more aggressive and courageous in pushing forward innovation from bottom up

inside sales

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Adobe full-time for less than a year

Prosgreat team environment, everyone is helping each other to get the deal closed

Consnot enough marketing support for lead generation

Advice to Senior Managementroutine team meeting is a great way to encourage more collaboration, exchange ideas

Company Overview

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Adobe full-time

ProsGreat company culture and relatively flexible work hours. Career growth opportunities.

ConsNo free lunch, no Christmas party

Love

Adobe Student Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Adobe as an intern for less than a year

ProsThis program is task oriented and the program leaders are very engaged with the reps, creating a welcoming and open environment.
They respond to questions and concerns prompt, professionally, and honestly.
You get paid for each task you complete.
As a student taking 21 credits, I can say that this program does not demand an unfair amount of energy and effort from you.

ConsNone, it is a brand new program and everyone knows what they are doing. A promising future for Adobe, thumbs up.

Never looked back ... but turned my head to the side from time to time.

Senior Program Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Adobe full-time for more than 10 years

ProsCombination of cutting edge technologies with products loved by the users, make it very rewarding and meaningful to work here. Perks are very good, although they started to lack over the years. Good work-life balance goals. Wonderful, passionate, smart, and honest coworkers create an excellent environment for some. Cool, international, world-leading software company.

ConsSome things can only be achieved through "socializing", knowing the right people, having lunch with them. Consensus-driven internal politics are making it hard sometimes to achieve fast progress.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo as the founders of Adobe said: "Always hire employees that are better than you." and "Treat your employees as the most valuable asset."

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Adobe reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen. All 935 reviews are posted anonymously by Adobe employees.