AdMedia

Updated 4 February, 2015
Updated 4 February, 2015
2.3

Danny E. Bibi

Great place to work if you are self motivated and ambitious

Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Burbank, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Burbank, CA (US)

I worked at AdMedia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- The greatest perk working for AdMedia is that they allow room for their employees to work without hovering over their back. You will have the freedom to work on your own, which to me is hard to find in most jobs now days. Management gives a lot of trust to their employees.
    - Although the material may seem overwhelming, it can be learned! This job is definitely for some one who is willing to put effort and time in. If you are a self motivated person, you will fit in perfectly.
    - Everyone working is very helpful and informative. This helps especially while trying to retain all the information. Personally I have never had any experience in marketing but after about 2 weeks, I was pretty confident.
    - Work hours are pretty good (usually from 9-6 with an 1 Hour lunch).
    - The company provides their employees with a generous amount of snacks and drinks.
    - One of my favorite pros is that on Fridays you only work 4hours but get paid for 8.
    - Once you have past the probation period, you get medical, dental and vision benefits and 401k. The company also pays for your gym membership.
    - Holidays are paid time off and they usually hold company lunch parties.
    - Get your own desk, computer, cubic and space.

Cons

- Official training is needed as some material may be challenging at first.
    - Work load may seem overwhelming at times but is manageable.
    - Because work load can be so overwhelming it may be hard to get help.
    - Some departments need more staff, but I have seen growth during my employment

- Spend more time training new hires.
    - Be more aware of the harder working individuals.
    - Inform interviewers about the specific job duties and expectations before hiring them.
    - Have a more intensive interview process to hire the right people.
    - Create a upbeat working environment.

Awful, just awful

I worked at AdMedia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Half day fridays...that's it.

Cons

The whole business runs on lies. The CEO will lie to you and then lie to everyone else as if it were not a lie and turn around to make you lie to potential clients. Makes no sense and I have no idea how they are still in business. Walking into work was like walking into a grave yard. You can wish the best for people, but can't help those who blatantly choose not to help themselves. The snacks were delicious and parking in the street was nice too. AdMedia taught me about the values I don't want in my life.

Do your self a favor and stop running the business.

good opportunities in a start-up environment

Current Employee - Affiliate Manager in Burbank, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Affiliate Manager in Burbank, CA (US)

I have been working at AdMedia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

half day fridays, good benefits package, friendly culture among coworkers, free snacks, hour long lunch, good central location to local businesses and restaurants

Cons

very difficult to find parking most days, limited training provided, limited work from home opportunities, many departments feel understaffed

create department heads for departments which have none to help clarify proper responsibilities within departments and reduce issues with new hires adjusting to their roles.

Awful Place to Work

Former Employee - SEO in Burbank, CA (US)
    Former Employee - SEO in Burbank, CA (US)

I worked at AdMedia full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Had some decent people there trying to survive - kind of like war buddies. The first year they had company events but none in the last year or so. They always had office supplies.

Cons

They laid off 7 people across 4+ departments on the same day in August. People who had been there for years were let go on a Friday and the CEO hired 6 new people to start the following Monday. If you apply here, always remember that this is the kind of person you might be working for.

Consider therapy because the suffocating structure of your company leaves absolutely no room for people to thrive. Also - consider coming up with your own ideas instead of just ripping other companies off.

AdMedia Response

Oct 30, 2014Counsel

We do not think this accurately reflects the work environment at AdMedia, as we believe the writer to be an ex-employee who was terminated for cause (poor job performance and inability to follow ... More

Conflicting views

I worked at AdMedia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Office locale, snacks, some freedom, start up environment. Requests for new office equipment at most times were usually met. Not sure about now but used to be generous with that.

Cons

The treatment of individuals who actually worked hard for the company was lacking.

Start up enviro can sometimes work for or against a company. The owner / CEO takes on too much (micromanages) and doesn't seem to care much for anyone, be it staff or clients.

CEO is a sexist and stand offish

Great company, environment, friendly staff, and pay!

Current Employee - Ad Sales in Burbank, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Ad Sales in Burbank, CA (US)

I have been working at AdMedia full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Half day Friday's; you have the opportunity to make a lot of money if you work hard – the sky is the limit!; there are free drinks, snacks, coffee and teas; the CEO and management are incredibly helpful and will be there for you, super flexible hours too.

Cons

I think the 401K match could be improved, and it takes a long time to generate ample vacation time.

Continue to grow the new hire training, and don't be afraid to let someone go a week early, as opposed to a week late.

Run away!

Former Employee - Ad Sales
    Former Employee - Ad Sales

I worked at AdMedia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

California is employment at will

Cons

Management is terrible, not what it seems, quite frankly awkward and uncomfortable. If you are looking for growth you have a better chance watching lima beans sprout.

Tighten up brother!

Do yourself a favor and stay away

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA (US)

I worked at AdMedia full-time (more than a year)

Pros

When I started it seemed like the cool company to work for. There was an endless supply of drinks and snack, we went on company events, and had cool office holiday parties. The drinks, snacks, and events all went away shortly after I started. Half day Fridays were nice.

Cons

No training ... you have to figure everything out on your own. I don't want my hand held, but some guidance would have been helpful. Understanding processes, my position in the company, things like that. However, after my time here I learned there aren't any processes or rules. There were departments and people had titles, but in the end those didn't matter all that much. So not receiving any training makes sense.

Everything has to be done immediately, you have to rush like it's DEFCON level 1. There is no cost benefit analysis to anything there and since they are so hard up to keep advertisers and publishers they say yes to every request. No matter how long, ridiculous, or difficult the request is it's always yes. More often than not the advertiser/publisher leaves because of bad ad performance and all the work that went into the request goes out the window.

The products offered serve up multiple products that publishers are unaware of. They think they are using product X and end up getting X, Y, and Z. There are a TON of different products and new ones are created all the time. The latest product is always pushed on publishers to use. The problem is all of the products they offered are sub par and could be improved. Rather than taking time to make a few good, solid products to offer, as long as it kind of works it's fine for publishers. All of the products are direct copies of other advertising networks products. It's hard to convince publishers to use your product over another one that is the same but better quality.

They have very few people left. A lot of people got let go, or quit, between Thanksgiving 2013 - February 2014. People just stopped showing up. There was no announcement of a company downsizing or restructuring. One day people were there and pretty soon half the company was gone ... without a word. I'm surprised the company is still operating. There is nobody to help publishers. There are a few people to try and get advertisers on board. There is no HR. It's just the owners and a handful of people.

Everything started out cool and exciting ... then it became one of those too good to be true deals. You dread going to work, finding parking on the street, dealing with unhappy clients, dealing with management. Only looking forward to Friday since it's a half day.

Keep looking for something else. Don't waste your time applying for a job here. You'd be better off looking for spare change in the cracks of your couch. For anyone else that worked there, they can vouch. But the day I walked out of there it was like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.

Work smarter, not harder. Have some kind of structure to the company besides just naming departments.

Seriously awful

Former Employee - Ad Sales in Burbank, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Ad Sales in Burbank, CA (US)

I worked at AdMedia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Only pro was half day Fridays.

Cons

In my time at AdMedia, there were no massages, no opportunity of growth, and no communication. It took forever to get the simplest of answers. In all honesty, I am surprised the company is still around with their current name. If there were opportunities to advance within the company, I might have stayed. Too bad there was nothing to write home about with this company.

Do the complete opposite if what you currently do.