AdMedia

AdMedia Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Super Team. Super Work. Super Techs.

Business Development (Former Employee) Burbank, CA (US)

ProsWorked here for many years and was just recently let go!! I understand I was just not on the same level as all the others so was not able to keep up. They only hire the top of the line techs, which is why they have all the crazy products.

ConsThey only provide a little hand holding, but then you are on your own! You better have experience and strong understanding of this industry and good skills to make it here. The techs get the best treatment, but I guess it's what makes a tech company work.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to fire people.

Amazing growth!

Ad Operations (Current Employee) Burbank, CA (US)

ProsDynamic, fast paced and constantly evolving company. There is always something new to learn and a new way to contribute to the success of the business. Employees are empowered to think outside the box and collaborate with their fellow highly intelligent, driven co-workers. Employees are recognized for their contribution and there is great opportunity to move within the various business units, expanding your own individual knowledge as well as furthering your career.

ConsI would consider this a high-level/major leagues sales job. If you don't know the industry and the basics and advanced aspects of sales and account management, then this is not the place for you because there is not an in depth training program, just a week of getting shown the basics (unless it is a Jr. Account Executive position, because there is a great training program for that).

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing.

Great growing company with amazing growth.

Publisher Support (Current Employee) Burbank, CA (US)

ProsGreat people all sharing the same vision. Company does a great job of bringing in the right people, which makes office culture pleasant. Casual attire and flex schedules. We all work hard and for that we are rewarded with a weekly massage, free drinks and snacks, cable TV in the break room and fun offsite company events.

ConsGrowing pains. With the company's continuous success it may be challenging to keep up with the high pace and demand, but i see this as a good problem to have. Creates a great opportunity to demonstrate your skills.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Highly talented organization with incredibly opportunity for advancement

Operations (Current Employee) Burbank, CA (US)

ConsThe company is demanding - but this isn't necessarily a "con" for most of the employees. The demanding culture brings with it innovation and success. This is not the company for someone looking for a 9-5 job where they can blend into a group.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep sharing information, involving employees at all levels in discussions around the vision of the company. Don't stop asking for feedback and don't stop listening when you receive it.

Great company, environment, friendly staff, and pay!

Ad Sales (Current Employee) Burbank, CA (US)

ProsHalf day Friday's; you have the opportunity to make a lot of money if you work hard – the sky is the limit!; there are free drinks, snacks, coffee and teas; the CEO and management are incredibly helpful and will be there for you, super flexible hours too.

ConsI think the 401K match could be improved, and it takes a long time to generate ample vacation time.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow the new hire training, and don't be afraid to let someone go a week early, as opposed to a week late.

Run away!

Ad Sales (Former Employee)

ProsCalifornia is employment at will

ConsManagement is terrible, not what it seems, quite frankly awkward and uncomfortable. If you are looking for growth you have a better chance watching lima beans sprout.

Advice to Senior ManagementTighten up brother!

A waste of my time.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey provide snacks, and you work half days on Fridays.

ConsWhere do I start?

It seemed like a step up at first. They are very good about making you feel welcome, but you quickly learn who is in charge and who should just be "lucky" to even be there. The owner of the company is 100% unapproachable. He will blatantly ignore you and then send someone to tell you to direct your questions to them. The entire office thrives on petty gossip. Nobody really works as a team here, we're all just kind of trying to get through the day. What was once an exciting place to be became a burden very quickly. Think twice before applying here.

Advice to Senior ManagementBE management.

Not what it seems like... once you work there longer than a week

Ad Sales (Former Employee) Burbank, CA (US)

ProsHalf-day Friday is only positive to working with AdMedia. Snacks are good when they are actually provided-usually when new staff it hired to impress.

ConsCompanies is shady and office gossip is the only way to get ahead. A lot of perks are promised when you first interview however you soon realize it is not true.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat management?

From Good to Terrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Burbank, CA (US)

ProsGood benefits, half-day Fridays and stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks.

ConsQuite frankly, this is a job that went from something that could be a career to something that was a burden to go to everyday. Lack of communication, lack of trust and lack of solutions is about the best way to describe things. To go from being anxious to go to work, to not wanting to go at all is a big change.

The biggest con is the lack of communication and getting answers when needed. I just don't see things looking in a positive direction if things don't change.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are leaders, and there are bosses. Success will only come when management takes grip of the right role.

Same company with new name every few years!

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Studio City, CA (US)

ProsGood benefits and half-day fridays.

ConsTerrible and extremely unprofessional management! Problems arise but are never solved only ignored.
    Company does not have offices across the country as it claims.
    Company continues to reinvent itself under new names every few years because of failure and fraud never addressing the real problems.
    No room to grow since the company does not grow and old employees stick around because they get comfortable not doing anything.
    EXTREMELY high turn over rate in all departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementReorganize management and establish clear expectations to all departments. Listen to staff and stop favoritism.

Worked for AdMedia? Contribute to the Community!