Act-On Software

Act-On Software Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Raghu Raghavan

National Sales Manager

National Sales Manager (Current Employee)

Pros-Opportunity to make a lot of money
    -Strong/experienced/fair management
    -Feeling like you are truly making a difference in the growth of a company
    -Spiffs, prizes, contests, bonus', commission, trips and more
    -Great co-workers who support each other
    -Investment in employees through additional training on and offsite
    -Don't have to deal with all the corporate tape of larger organizations
    -Clear goals and objectives
    If you are driven and looking for a challenge this is the company for you!

ConsThis is a very ambitious company. We are growing rapidly and with that comes a lot of change. Some people have a hard time riding the waves and remembering that with the fun and excitement of a growing company also comes A LOT of hard work. With ALL jobs you have to take the good with the bad and it is up to you with how you choose to handle that.
    After reading some of my co-workers comments on the lack of work/life balance, I have to say the decision to balance your life is 100% in your control. If you are working 11 to 12 hour days and not happy about it, don't take the easy way out and blame the company but instead ask yourself if you are being as efficient with your time as you could be.
    I left a very large company to come to Act-On Software. I knew I was leaving a comfy yet complacent position for the unknown but I was also ready to challenge myself and see what I was made of. I love the quote below. In my opinion it is what Act-On represents for those ready to accept the challenge.
    "Don't Be Afraid to Work Hard to Find Out How Good You Can Really Be"

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to streamline processes and procedures. Would love to see the CEO visit the different offices a few times a year.

High Hopes Turns to Big Disappointment Real Fast

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) Roseville, CA (US)

ProsNo drug test
    You could make $$
    They seem to hire anyone
    Great for a first time software sales gig
    Most of the people are fun
    Great product
    Nice job title

ConsLong long long long hours sitting in a cubicle. If this were work from home where you could move around some would not be so bad. Most people leave because of these requirements. It is very cult like and other reps snitch on others.
    You feel guilty taking a lunch
    Company is very split up org wise. C Levels are in Oregon while the rest of the peasants are in other offices. Very odd.
    Some of the hires are a bit rough around the edges
    Churn and burn culture /leadership
    The product is good BUT they need to realize it is basically a step above Constant Contact. Quit thinking you can battle Marketo and Salesforce. Stay focused on the customers and not the political competitive BS.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in people who have done this before and quit bringing on the webex folks. This is not the same type of software.
    Do not create jobs where you work 50-60 hours a week to hit quota. People burn out and move on.

Relaxing Atmosphere, Great place to grow, Good Management

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Portland, OR (US)

ProsThe staff here are very knowledgeable.
    The company is growing rapidly which allows room for growth.
    They make sure that you are well fed with their stocked kitchen and 3 times a week catering.

ConsThere does not seem to be a balance between work and personal life.
    Benefits could be a little better
    Wish there was a well defined training sessions for new hires

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Act-On values developers

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Beaverton, OR (US)

ProsDevelopers are well treated, respected and encouraged to find creative solutions to improve the current implementation without fear. It takes time to transform from a startup to a more organized, disciplined company but I can see improvements every week.

ConsLots of ideas/work, not enough developers, need to hire more/quicker.

Great Culture with Promising Career Growth Opportunity

Customer Success Manager (Current Employee) Roseville, CA (US)

ProsThere are many reasons I enjoy working at Act-On. For one, the culture is amazing. Everyone works together to ensure a great customer experience, start to finish. There are awesome perks like free snacks, coffee, and catered lunch twice per week.

The Sr. Management is very visible and present. If you want to grow within this company, all you need to do is let them know. They are extremely supportive and want nothing more than for their employees to succeed.

ConsBecause this is a new(er) company, standard processes don't exist for many things. The training I received was seriously lacking and it was really up to me to figure things out for myself. This can really be a Pro if you're looking for an easy way to stand out, but more structure from the start would have made things a lot easier.

Fast paced work environment - Never a dull moment

Customer Success Manager (Current Employee) Roseville, CA (US)

ProsThe people are phenomenal! As a start up environment, everyone here works with a common goal in mind: Success in the Marketplace. This encourages cross functional teams to work together through collaboration and experience. Hard working management and individual contributors make for a stellar team. Being a part of Act-On is being a part of a family.

ConsInternal training is a challenge but if you are a hands-on learner and ready to jump in then it would be a good fit. No 401K match is disappointing.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to see the Executive team make more of a presence in our office. It would be nice to have them join our team meetings or conduct meetings with the various teams. It would make me feel like they have more of an interest in our day to day and understand our successes as well as our pain points. 401K match would be outstanding.

A place where you matter

Product Specialist (Current Employee) Roseville, CA (US)

ProsAct-On offers excellent opportunity for growth and promotion. It's an employee-centered environment, focused on making this your favorite job (if you want it to be). You can make an impact and receive appreciation for it. You get to try on a lot of hats, develop as a professional, and get rewarded for your efforts.

ConsIt's true -- you have to show up to play. Because the company is still relatively young, each employee can make an impact and is expected to do so, and that can be stressful (but rewarding at the same time). The free lunches and snacks can truly sabotage a diet.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be open to feedback. Make recognition a priority, especially in those traditionally non-metric roles.

Exceptional Leadership, Talented Committed Colleagues--Love Act-On!

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ (US)

ProsAt Act-On we work hard with talented, smart collegues who are driven, smart and building an amazing business. Incredible product that is changing the landscape for businesses around the Globe. Great management team who really work hard to help you learn the business, to excell and free lunch a couple days a week, continuing education. Lots fo love about Act-On. Work smart, play hard environment where you are rewarded generously for doing a great job. Great contests, perks, trips all add to a competitive environment of top tier sales professionals. You will laugh, work hard, play hard, know that your colleagues and managers support your wins and you will make good money if you are passionate about how we are changing businesses for the better. If you are the best you belong at Act-On.

ConsVery long hours--however life/work balance is being addressed as we speak. We are now transitioning to more balance and we are all very happy about this.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would love to have our CEO come visit. How awesome would that be. We all admire him from afar but would love to have him come to locations and share occasionally with us. Office employee exchanges would be an interesting to share best practices. Please continue to respect and believe in your people and they will drive the business forward. Keep our culture and environment inspiring, uplifting with continual growth.

Great Company, Amazing Growth Opportunity!

Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) Roseville, CA (US)

ProsI have worked for Act|On for about 8 months now and I can honestly say I have NEVER worked for a better Company. Enjoyment in a career was not something I had ever known and Act|On really opened my eyes to the possibilities. I now look forward to going into the office every day and knowing that my contribution will help to create something greater. At this point I do not see a ceiling for how far myself or Act|On can go and I am glad to be a part of it.

On a personal level I feel that the Management really cares about my family and I, and that means a great deal.

ConsAt this point I really do not have any cons that I can speak of.

Act-On - Glad to be a part of it!

Manager (Current Employee) Roseville, CA (US)

ProsBeing part of a well-lead organization that is paving the way in a fast growing industry. Many people spend a great deal of their career trying to find an organization with the ingredients Act-On possesses.

ConsGrowing quickly and keeping the "secret sauce" for success continues to be a challenge but Act-On is handling it well. You have to hang on with both hands.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for more "work from home" as an alternative to working 11+ hour days. We do work at home anyway, but it would be nice to have the option to start (or finish) the workday from home in order to spend more quality family time.

Worked for Act-On Software? Contribute to the Community!