Acronis

www.acronis.com

Acronis Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Serguei Beloussov

Great ambitions and potential, but management is too self-centered

Director (Current Employee) Moscow (Russia)

ProsAfter lots of turbulence, a very strong executive team headed by the owner/CEO was brought on board, with more stellar names being added regularly. Amazing development talent that can build great innovative products. Global presence, strongly international (and expanding), diverse product line.

ConsNot really customer-centric beyond the Support function. Very bad at project management in all functions and in all levels. Siloed communications, very different culture in different locations. Top management is too pushy, and insists on knowing things better than you, doesn't trust experienced employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop pushing your decisions down the drain to your senior managers. Involve them into decision-making process, talk to them and appreciate their insights and feedback. They will respect you more and their loyalty will increase as a result.

Some great talent not given opportunity to excel

Acct Manager (Current Employee) Woburn, MA (US)

ProsHas some great people in the middle and lower management areas of the company who are the heartbeat and commercial engine of the company

ConsPoor ego driven senior management who are more interested in gaining favour with the CEO rather than great execution and leadership. this together with disjointed process does not allow the real talent in the company to thrive

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate on being great leaders not on the title on your business card

regional manager

Director (Current Employee) Washington, DC (US)

Prosnew opportunity to utilize my experience -
    build the channels

Conscomp plan cut in half

Advice to Senior Managementwork your plan and plan your work

Jun 11, 2014Head of Global HR

Please reach out to me, I would like to know more details about your comp plan concerns. To my knowledge no comp plans have been altered like that.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I think that Acronis is a company that is working hard to develop a top notch BR/DR physical, virtual and cloud offering

ProsA recognized product. Training is an adequate start, but new product roll outs could be better

ConsThe biggest con would be the lack of help with personal development within one's assigned area. The question arises, "does the company want me to make a career here, or just passing through?"

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain more. Be more clear on career opportunities within the company

Jun 11, 2014Head of Global HR

We recognize this as an area to develop and have plans to improve the employee development, training and career paths within 2014.

Great company that will be even greater

ProsAcronis is an all around great company. Whether you are looking for a place to start your career or you are a seasoned pro, Acronis is the place to work. Stagnation is the antithesis of Acronis. I firmly believe that in 2 - 3 years Acronis will be making MUCH more money than it does now and be MUCH more recognizable.

ConsSalaries aren't great. But this is changing!

Loved my time there! Good Company

Sales (Former Employee) Milano (Italy)

ProsGood products, great environment, much fun!

ConsChange in top management brought some uneasiness

A highly innovative technology company with bright future and lots of opportunity for professional growth.

Sales Engineer (Current Employee) Woburn, MA (US)

ProsWell-established, profitable fast growing global business operating in hot markets of Backup/DR and Mobility. Strong highly competitive products. Good benefits for employees. Continued professional growth for those who want to work hard. Lots of positive change in the last 6 months since the original founder came back on board as CEO.

ConsSome minor troubles with overall direction for the business and subsequent change in Senior Management that occurred in the last 2 years. This resulted in uncertainty for some employees and probably some bad reviews, but has since been resolved completely. The business and internal culture are back on track and the future is looking very good.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Jun 11, 2014Head of Global HR

Thanks for the good feedback. We have work to do and and I hope that since Serguei has been back for a year now you are continuing to see betterment all around.

Fantastic experience, excellent growth opportunities

Senior Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat opportunities for growth. Just demonstrate your dedication and results, and you will have no problems with building your career. I joined as a junior support engineer and grew up to head of product launch operations.

Excellent people. I got know great professionals of all levels, from individual contributors to Senior VPs. The atmosphere was always comfortable to work in.

Excellent IT infrastructure that just works. Modern hardware equipment renewed regularly. Great tools and technologies - site-to-site VPN, stable VOIP with full range of options (smartphone support, worldwide call forwarding, etc), exchange-based email with web access. Might not sound special, but that stuff really matters. My job requires collaboration with virtually all offices across the globe, so robust and stable IT makes my job and job of my colleagues highly enjoyable.

I loved working here, recommended.

ConsSometimes directions change inconsistently, but hey, I bet it happens within most companies. And it all got much better after Serguei stepped back in.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up.

Disorganized environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProduct good, Consumer product widely used, some good people internationally and good R and D. APJ and EMEA seem ok..

ConsHas no clear or stated direction with a Sales and Marketing plan.
    Turnover is massive.. Greater than 40% annually with Sales even higher.
    No CEO with a long term commitment and a disorganized leadership team. Can be quite nasty also, where most are afraid to speak.
    Bizarre social media 'speak'.,

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a decent CEO, a competent head of sales and some board members that can make a decision collectively rather than counting their $$$.

management has no clear strategy and technology is for consumers

Pre-Sales (Current Employee) Emea (Indonesia)

Prossmall company. you have freedom to execute your job.

Constechnology is not reliable for large environments. Lots of poeple are talking to much and don't execute,enought.

Advice to Senior Managementbe consistent and closer to the field reality. Make your technology more robust and reliable

Worked for Acronis? Contribute to the Community!