Achievers

www.achievers.com

Achievers Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Patrick D. Quirk

Pros
  • Great People - I'm very impressed that as a start-up everyone has a role and does their job amazingly(in 11 reviews)

• I truly enjoy coming to work everyday(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • As with any growing company, the only constant is change(in 6 reviews)

• Extremely high expectations from senior management without any form of reciprocity(in 4 reviews)

Great place to work!

ProsIncredibly friendly team
    Every work day is different
    Huge emphasis on results
    Constantly changing and growing company

ConsInter-department communication sometimes suffers due to speed of work
    Work loads can grow extremely quickly
    Interview process can drag at times

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. There seems to be a push in recent months to increase transparency and top-down communication - this is a good thing, and should continue to grow.

Pure hypocrisy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prossalary is paid on time

Constheir culture is pure hypocrisy. They make you work 10+ hours a day without overtime pay, and they give you recognition of what, $5 worth? and they kept saying how amazing their recognition program is.
    Yes they have celebration events but they are cheap and rarely happen.
    my manager, however, come at 9, leave at 5, sometimes 3 pm. and would chat with us from instant messengers just to see if you are still in the office working overtime. the leaders all seem to care about you, but they only want to make sure you are working like a slave.
    no promotion whatsoever after years of my extremely hard work. no appreciation of talents. They honestly think they are the best and you owe them a lot.
    If you ever leave the company, they will feel you abandoned them and will not like you anymore. They will ignore how hard you have been working for them and will even make up stories to insult you. I heard enough of them trash talking those who left. Now since I'm gone, I heard from my co-workers that my manager still often said awful things about me and said to give bad reference if I applied for any future jobs.
    If you complain, they will tag you as "not a good cultural fit" and they will let you go. The leaders hold 1-on-1 meetings with employees regularly for you to give suggestions with an open heart but it's all fake, in fact if you complain anything, they will remember you by heart and will almost guarantee your miserable future.
    oh there is one VP who loves stalking on people's facebook and constantly make fun of everyone, telling awkward jokes and we have to laugh and pretend to be happy. I feel sorry for him being so unprofessional without knowing his team actually hates him.
    almost all of my previous teammates have left, and the rest are thinking about leaving soon. They are smart and I'm sure they will have a better life than those who stay.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people the way you want to be treated.

very limited growth opportunities

(Current Employee)

ProsLots of vacation days
    Free breakfast and lunch in office
    Good place for a junior level employee

Cons-Very low pay and nobody cares to discuss it as the managers will just tell you how great their benefits are (the benefits are just average in fact)
    -Nepotism: tends to hire Board of Directors' relatives
    -Boring work and very limited growth opportunities, doing the same repetitive things for 2+ years even if they kept telling me how much they encourage employee growth
    -Lots of long and meaningless meetings which nobody seems to care
    -Recognition is mostly on peer basis and it is rarely given to those who don't work very interactively with others
    -Very long hours and no overtime pay
    -Celebration events are boring and are mostly shows for clients
    -Corporate culture feels more like a cult. They force people to engage in things they are not interested in
    -Also, they very intentionally encourage their employees to write positive reviews here

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employee's talents or they will just leave. It is just a moderate company and nobody has to stay here.

Achievers Employee Success Representative responded to this review

Jun 04, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We’re happy to hear your thoughts on vacation and our breakfast and lunch perks. It’s important that we help provide the fuel for our employees to ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You are actually valued.

Member Experience Coordinator (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsThe staff is amazing, the work is challenging and the culture is to die for. The work is constant and the time goes by extremely fast.

ConsIt's easy to fall behind quick if you get nailed with a few hard cases in a day, bringing your overall score for the quarter down drastically, just because of bad luck, not bad performance. Also work-life balance is tough because hours range differently every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey pay for a part of your cell phone bill, offer a decent benefits plan, buy you a new phone every two years, pay for a portion of your gym membership, discounted metro-passes, you can dress professionally or casual, free breakfast everyday, free lunch 3 days a week, free dinner 1 day a week. Many retreats and work parties, great place to make friends, their recruiting staff is amazing.

Engaging Environment!

ProsAchievers is a fast-paced and high energy environment. It’s not for everyone, but for those who thrive in this type of atmosphere, its top notch. Working alongside of other intelligent, ambitious and passionate people is the highlight of this job. The people here work hard and love what they do.

ConsIf you can’t keep up, you’ll sink quickly. Fortunately, most people who get hired here are good swimmers.

Best Place to work

ProsSuper friendly environment. One of the best place that you can work so closely with your Manager and your vote count.

ConsThe location is far, wish it was in hearth of downtown in Toronto

Engagement without Feedback

Developer (Former Employee)

ProsTons of perks. They sell culture, so they have so much culture it hurts. Lots of great ideas, and they use their own product. Lots of recognition, and a lot of smart people here.

ConsFor all their recognition, there isn't much feedback. They don't believe in Reviews, but seem too busy working hard and partying harder to give feedback on job performance. Then come the mass layoffs.
    The party atmosphere got old pretty fast, since they try to have it pretty much constant.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide feedback to employees. Annual reviews may be uncool if formalized, but feedback and communication of expectations is so important.

Achievers Employee Success Representative responded to this review

Jun 04, 2014

We’re stoked to hear that you are enjoying our culture of recognition! Recognition is indeed a wonderful way for our employees to receive praise and points for all the great work they do. The ... More

A-Players come here to thrive

ProsChallenging work
    Perks like free lunch, flexible work hours, smartphone allowance
    Self-directed career growth
    Great people and strong culture
    Opportunity to work on what you are passionate about and contribute to success of a revolutionary product
    Team atmosphere

ConsCommunication between departments could be better at times, but this is understandable given the pace at which we operate and is no different from any other company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the focus on employees and their development.

Good

Prosgreat benefits, free lunch, good environment

Consnot much room for browth

Great culture, great people, great company.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsExecs and managers care about employees and the employees care about doing good work.

ConsWork life balance can get out of control if you are not careful.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what you are doing.

Worked for Achievers? Contribute to the Community!