Achievers
www.achievers.com San Francisco, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Achievers Reviews

Updated Mar 28, 2014

Patrick D. Quirk

Pros:
  • "Great People - I'm very impressed that as a start-up everyone has a role and does their job amazingly"
    in 9 reviews
  • "There is a very long list of things that make me love coming to work every day and these are just a few of them"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Extremely high expectations from senior management without any form of reciprocity"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Its fast paced, constantly changing and constantly requires you to build while working vs just working"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good place to work

Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Achievers full-time for less than a year

ProsThe office culture is relaxing and considered to be one of the best places i have ever worked.
Good benefits, friendly people and young colleagues.

ConsWork is boring, pays below average. If i have to choose again, I would rather go for other positions.....

Good

I have been working at Achievers

Prosgreat benefits, free lunch, good environment

Consnot much room for browth

Great culture, great people, great company.

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than 3 years

ProsExecs and managers care about employees and the employees care about doing good work.

ConsWork life balance can get out of control if you are not careful.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what you are doing.

A fast-paced, high-growth company that provides great opportunities for employees.

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAchievers promotes from within. As such, the company helps true A-Players grow in their role and offer great career support and mentoring. The leadership team is approachable and allow employees' voices to be heard. The culture is upbeat, fast-paced, and high-energy.

ConsWorking at Achievers can sometimes be exhausting - long hours, tight deadlines, and mountains of work - but the reward and outcome is worth it. Achievers has a sink-or-swim culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to help employees grow!

Dream Job at a Dream Company

Software Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros- People are amazing, approachable and hardworking!
- Work hard and party hard!
- Amazing opportunities!
- Creating industry leading software

Cons- Long hours and demanding clients

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to your lower level employees and ensure that everyone's opinions are herd and respected.

One of the healthiest work environments I've witnessed, or been a part of.

I have been working at Achievers full-time

ProsA company with great people and positive attitudes. It's easy to work in a place where everyone believes in the company's purpose. They work hard to really ensure they know how employees are feeling.

ConsI worry about the scalability of the company culture as the company is growign so quickly.

Here for the long haul

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWhere do I start? I have been with this company for many years now. I have seen it through all its success and growth and am excited about its future growth.

The reasons I work here are the following:
- the people! We hire smart, driven, passionate, innovative, self aware individuals. People who not only are passionate about their careers but passionate about how their careers impact our growth. Its so energizing to work along side of these people daily.
- I add an accomplishment bullet to my resume every quarter. Career growth is here, and its here in spades. If you know how to take your career into your own hands and deliver great work then its only a matter of time before a business need presents itself for further growth.
- Impact: the work I do daily impacts the organization. Big organizations have their own perks too like process and best practices but at Achievers we are building those as we go and everyone has the ability to leave their mark here.
- culture: we find great ways to have fun at work. Between First Round Fridays and awards ceremonies quarterly, company retreats two times a year and so much more, we genuinely have a great time here and often!

ConsHigh growth companies are not for the faint of heart. Its fast paced, constantly changing and constantly requires you to build while working vs just working. Although I think this is the best part about joining a high growth business, I can appreciate that it isn't the environment for everyone to be successful in.

The company is growing up daily. As someone who saw it at its infancy stage, its incredible to see how much it has changed and shaped into this incredible business. This really should be in the pros section but I think for some older employees they miss the "good'ol days". Its an incredible opportunity to watch anything grow and transform, I think anyone who has the opportunity to get involved in this type of business is lucky.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo everything you can to keep the culture scaling as the business grows. You're doing a great job and there is something great here to hold onto.

Positive Buzz

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than a year

ProsAchievers is one of the best orgs I have ever worked for. Everyone at the company works together collaboratively, leadership entrusts their teams and provides them opportunity to innovate and make a real contribution to the company. Recent additions to leadership team seem to have done great things for employee morale (not that it was ever low - every company has peaks and lower points), however, seen and heard a lot of very positive buzz around the future outlook for the company. Growth is happening at a rapid pace, many new faces and clients joining the family. Have seen this company expand and evolve over the past year and half. Looking forward to what is still to come.

ConsCannot think of a con.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growth going - continue providing support to employees to sustain growth.

Awesome company to work for!

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than a year

ProsI have worked for this company for approximately one year and having just come off our annual company retreat this past weekend, I am even more convinced at how amazing this organization is. The vision, mission, and focus are unlike anything I have seen at any other company I have worked for.

Achievers is a real thought leader and innovator in the HCM space. Getting a sneak peek at what Product is planning for the next year is incredible. Working with such brilliant minds on a daily basis is pretty fun, and working here has been equally rewarding and challenging (in a good way).

Achievers has found a way to hold onto its corporate culture and the little things that matter, while going through crazy growth year after year. There is a very long list of things that make me love coming to work every day and these are just a few of them.

ConsI can't think of any cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to support your employees, we are seeing many employee-focused programs delivered to help us benefit and grow.

An AMAZING company to work for, with a unique culture and the very best people.

User Experience/UI Designer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Achievers full-time for less than a year

Pros- Great company culture
- Amazing employees
- Great benefits
- Great employee perks
- Good location
- Overall a fun place to work where every day feels like you are making a difference

Cons- no cons to list

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

Worked for Achievers? Contribute to the Community!

Achievers Videos

Achievers – Why Work for Us?

Mission and Vision Achievers’ mission is to Change the Way the World Works. Your employees are your company’s greatest asset; when you empower them to succeed, your business reaps the benefits. Achievers Software and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Achievers reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Achievers CEO Patrick D. Quirk. All 62 reviews are posted anonymously by Achievers employees.