Accountemps

Accountemps Reviews

Updated 18 August, 2014
Updated 18 August, 2014

2.9

Accountemps Chairman and CEO Max Messmer Jr.
Max Messmer Jr.

Pros
  • They offer online training to aid in experiencing new software (in 7 reviews)

• Great for entry-level to low-specialized employees (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Secondly, No benefits, no insurance, no contract (in 7 reviews)

• They heavily undercut you, using the line "Its Temp to Hire" (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

It is a good agency

Current Employee - Accounting Clerk  in  Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Accounting Clerk in Toronto, ON

Pros

Ther are very professional. They gave me some advices to improve my resume and also some advices about how my career path.

Cons

It took them 2 months to find an assignment. During the same time I also intervied with Robert Half but never hear anything back

Worst Place to Work for

Pros

Only you gain some experience

Cons

All they care about is money.

not a good agency

Former Employee - AP Clerk  in  Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - AP Clerk in Calgary, AB

Pros

quick in placement, pay weekly

Cons

low salary, dishonest to candidates,

they cares only about comissions, low pay rate. they have the attitude they control your life, they require to let them know is you have interview with other agency (company).. ridiculous. Don't appreciate people making money for them .
    I would never recommend Accountems of RH!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bad pay, agents like to make threats

Current Employee - Bookkeeper  in  Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Bookkeeper in Montreal, QC

Pros

Do it for something quick.

Cons

Do it for something quick, then find something permanent on your own.

Candidates are earning your revenues. But you treat us badly. Agents use intimidating tactics such as "or else" in a threatening tone (which I take it to mean do what they say or else you get blacklisted), are often hostile and make it clear candidates aren't valued. The attitude that the client is always right is terrible. Blunt refusal to handle any issues while on contract.

Great Agency

Current Employee - Accounting Temp  in  Richmond, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Accounting Temp in Richmond, VA (US)

Pros

Called after couple days that I applied a job, and got to meet one of the recruiters one week later. In the same week, they offered me an assignment to work for a big international company. Although it is not good paid, but it is fair for a recent graduates. The staffs are very very nice, and do care about how you feel about the assignment.

Cons

Too bad that there is no raise or bonus even you do a decent job at work. Also, you have to check in with them every week. Sometimes it is just not much to say about work.

Staffing Manager = Pure Stress in my experience

Former Employee - Staffing Manager
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager

Pros

Working as a team. If you get along well with your team, this would be great. Decent base salary to keep you afloat while you get your commission base built up. Generally an encouraging, helpful atmosphere, but that heavily depends on your specific boss and team. Working a two or three week rotation of duties keeps the job more varied and interesting.

Cons

Somewhat high pressure sales environment. If you're used to sales, its probably similar to any other sales position. If you're not used to sales, this may be stressful. In my specific situation, and I think it happens elsewhere as well, they tell you to be prepared to work 7:30 - 5:30, but in reality its often much more than that, especially if you're falling behind on your goals. I happened to have a 2 hour commute round trip, so that compounded the issue. Also, ethics can come into play sometimes as well. Employment ads are placed that are not actual jobs, but just "similar to" jobs that are often placed. Depending on how these are worded, candidates sometimes feel tricked. Basically, if you're pretty good at sales, very good at communication, and know yourself well, this could be a great opportunity. If you lack in any of those areas, then your success or lack thereof will depend heavily on who your working with and whether they are able to help you bring your best game, or whether they impede you from bringing your best. In my case, I was not good at sales to begin with, and my boss was more of an impediment than an aid to turn that around. Also, unless you're excellent at sales, be prepared to work long hours. This varies by location, obviously, but I think it happens quite a bit.

Make it a higher priority to make sure you as leaders and your subordinates down through the company to be out the door no later than 6 or 6:30, especially for those arriving everyday on time at 7:30. Otherwise people are at too high a risk for being burned out, and that is not good for the employee or the company.

Good

Current Employee - Staffing Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Pros

If you want to become a recruiter, RHI / Accountemps will equip you with the best training around.

Cons

No Longevity. People don't stay more than a year or two. We had 4 branch manager come and go during my 1.5 yrs there.

Great temp agency to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cedar Rapids, IA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA (US)

Pros

They try to find a great fit for what's right for you, not just a random job that you will be unsatisfied with.

Cons

I would like a more long-time position.

Quick placement, easy jobs, low salary.

Current Employee - Accounting Clerk  in  Paramus, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Accounting Clerk in Paramus, NJ (US)

Pros

You will gain experience in the field, and quick placement into a job.

Cons

Low pay, terrible boring positions in small companies.

Not flexible

Current Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk  in  Fishers, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Fishers, IN (US)

Pros

Office was in a convenient location.

Cons

They were flexible and called with very little notice. Had to keep calling to get them to call with job opportunities.

Work with applicant more closely.

Worked for Accountemps? Contribute to the Community!