Accenture

Employer Engaged

Stay away!!

Former Employee - SAP Consultant in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - SAP Consultant in Toronto, ON

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent salary for new grads $55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion

Opportunity to travel - for those who don't value stability this might be a temporary perk (no significant other/ mortgage / pets) but the pressure of constant travelling for work is stressful

Getting promoted is easy - here's the steps
    1) find a senior manager who other managers and senior managers fears/respects - this is the guy who fights for you during laddering
    2) stay staffed and chargeable overtime is key (numbers says a lot in laddering calls)
    3) brown nose and make sure all the senior management knows you and likes you

Cons

senior management doesn't care about the project it's all about changeability.

High political environment most managers are incompetent especially non-technical PMO and Project Managers - they'll spent time looking good and blaming others and when things hit the fan they'll start throwing people under the bus to protect themselves

HR will let you go if you stay on the bench so you'll basically have to take roles that you're not specialized in.

No training and no work/life balance

Get rid of incompetent senior staffs it's toxic for the Project Team to have to deal with their political bs when they're trying to make a honest living.

Good place to start your career

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Great clients to work for, flexible work situations, good benefits

Cons

Some days you question what you've done all day, unclear on promotions/opportunities, poor geographic wide raises

Would not be surprised if turn around becomes high again, as employees look for better opportunities

Call center

Former Employee - Call Center Agent
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The office environment was clean and the desk were ergonomic. Co-workers were friendly and pleasant to deal with. I was provided sufficient hours based on my availability to work.

Cons

Management has an asinine performance review system with metrics for following the phone script among other things. There is a clear divide between management and call center employees resembling a caste system. I found the union that represents the call center employees to provide little value.

The call center job is thankless to begin with and management's desire for all employees to perform like robots is demeaning. It made me dread going to work.

Analyst

Former Employee - Analyst
    Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Accenture full-time (less than a year)

Pros

High performing organization, with lots of bright individuals. Rewarding exit opportunities if you stay at the firm for a while.

Cons

Working hours and culture is not the best. The hours are longer than usual and it is a general expectation of its staff

More competitive salary and working environments.

Best Place to work

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Mississauga, ON
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunity for carrier advancement
    Flexible work time
    bonus

Cons

work little aggressive to meet project completion time

allow time off for triannig

Career experience based on chance more than meritocracy, skill, attitude or network

Former Employee - Analyst in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Analyst in Toronto, ON

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great exposure to various industries and functions, amazing learning opportunity, very collegial environment

Cons

The company's policies breeds too many type-A consultants, and compensates/treats younger recruits as though they are going to leave during the first two years (which of course is exactly what happens)

Don't just pay lip service to "people are our greatest asset", hire the right people who cares about and can work with other humans, retain that talent with proper development opportunities, and pay attention to your people.

CSR on contract

Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Thorold, ON
    Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Thorold, ON

I worked at Accenture as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Clean, friendly employees. The company it self may have potential to be know as a great company to work for as it does say it offers growth within.

Cons

I was hired on contract for 4mos. At the end of my 3rd day of training I was contacted by my employment agency to inform me that "due to unforeseen circumstances" I was not required to return. I was friendly, eager to learn, as well as experienced. This can only lead me to think that the Accenture office in Thorold practices some type of favoritism right from the start in the training room. Regarding the training, I found the class size too large (25) for one trainer to effectively deliver any type of depth to the material she was trying to teach.

Perhaps you should review with your individual HR departments on how to improve their relations with new hires and current staff. Also, a review on how not to play the favoritism game, because while they appear to be friendly and nice they really are not. This place has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Intense

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers
    Amazing learning experience

Cons

It's up or out
    work/life balance

Set the employee up for success from day 1.

PCO

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- office politics
    - no work life balance

Cons

- they dislike people that can make things faster
    - want people that work like donkeys
    - dislike automation

Reduce office politics
    promote talent

a great place to get started but move on for career advancement and better pay.

Former Employee - Client Financial Management Specialist in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Client Financial Management Specialist in Toronto, ON

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

opportunities to get exposure to a variety of tasks, good people to work with 9 times out of 10.

Cons

too much bureaucracy, pay increases are small and not commensurate with job performed especially for high performing employees.

listen to what matters to employees most and take action to address them rather than paying lip service or acting only on small initiatives just to say something was done.