Accenture

3.6 7,987 reviews

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

(3,149 ratings)

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion (in 488 reviews)

• Good work culture generally but depends on the project u are working for (in 456 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke (in 971 reviews)

• No work-life balance for consultants trying to make it up the ranks to Managing Directors (in 161 reviews)

More Highlights
7,987 Employee Reviews

Political company where you cannot intrust nobody

Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Mississauga, ON

ProsThe training material have interesting courses.

ConsHorrible coaching and mentoring system, promotions are made politically not by the person performance . No life balance. Realocation process weak where you need to be friend of someone to be have a project to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice, they will never change their behavior. The culture code paper accepts everything but in reality it not happens. The concept of fiefdoms within the company is too strong.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

High performance.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBest workplace with the best people, cool cafe, work life balanced always.

Conssome office Locations, timings, te

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

I learned a tremendous amount and the people were all very down to earth and humble to work with.

Systems Integration Consultant (Former Employee) Vancouver, BC

ProsCore values really focus on people development. Large, global footprint.

ConsDifficult to get on projects you really want. You end up following the managers you like.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent support group and extensive ongoing training provided to keep on top of current events and industry trends.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Vernon, BC

ProsBest people to work with!!

ConsThe nature of the job can be challenging as customer service can be.

Great

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC

ProsSome of the best stuff ever

Conssometimes we work too hard

Advice to Senior Managementdo better at what you think is good to do good in

Big complex company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSalary and benefits are good. There are a lot of top industry experts throughout the company that always seem to be willing to help. I also found that almost everyone at Accenture are very professional and easy to work with.

ConsThe organization is very complex and matrixed. The annual review process is extremely cumbersome and time consuming. It's based upon a laddering system that pits peers against each other. Employees and management are expected to put in considerable extra hours performing extracurricular activities over and above their regular job which is timeconsuming as it is. The "Accenture Way" serves to force everybody into the same shoe. Known as the "Accenture Borg"!

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that not everybody wants to work 60-80 hours a week just to get ahead.

Customer Service Representative BC Hydro

ProsGood Pay, most people are nice

ConsShifts are no guarantee, always fretting of getting fired

worth considering

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood place to work for but that is subject to preference

Consdepends who you know. yup, nepotism exists everywhere.

A great place to learn!

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsYou work on several different projects, so therefore you're put in a position to learn and improve many skills. A great work environment where you work individually on many projects, but have the support other colleagues to do your best.

ConsWorking long hours is a regular occurrence. The promotion process is different and can be a little tricky.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think Accenture is a well-managed company, one of the best I have worked for. I would just suggest improving upon the promotion process.

Forward thinking

ProsContinuous learning and opportunities abroad

ConsCompensation is unbalanced based on work loads

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide bonuses to critical support staff

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!