Accenture

3.6 7,903 reviews

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

(3,108 ratings)

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion(in 482 reviews)

• Good work culture, Vast training programmes, inter -technology & domain shifting(in 451 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke(in 963 reviews)

• No work-life balance for consultants trying to make it up the ranks to Managing Directors(in 160 reviews)

7,903 Employee Reviews

One can make a great career there - with some luck

SAP Consultant (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsOpportunity for advancement (up to you to make it) - there is also some luck involved
    Majority of people are very competent and intelligent
    Very flexible and agile for such a large company
    Work with some very big clients

ConsCompensation for Analysts not very high
    Promotion system has a lot to do with project size and role perception
    Layoffs affect even high performing employees
    As much as work life balance is spoken about, it is not realistic to think you can achieve a good balance as well as maintain a high performance rating

meter reader

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosworking outside on sunny days

Consworking outside on rainy days

Consulting Analyst

Systems Integration Consultant (Former Employee) Montreal, QC

ProsGreat learning opportunity, work with brilliant people

ConsVery corporate, limited creativity, very beauraucratic

Advice to Senior ManagementFoster a more collaborative office culture that doesn't praise cut throat competition at the expense of peers and colleagues, ultimately affecting client work and relations.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Call center

Call Center Agent (Former Employee)

ProsThe office environment was clean and the desk were ergonomic. Co-workers were friendly and pleasant to deal with. I was provided sufficient hours based on my availability to work.

ConsManagement has an asinine performance review system with metrics for following the phone script among other things. There is a clear divide between management and call center employees resembling a caste system. I found the union that represents the call center employees to provide little value.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe call center job is thankless to begin with and management's desire for all employees to perform like robots is demeaning. It made me dread going to work.

Stay away!!

SAP Consultant (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsDecent salary for new grads $55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion

Opportunity to travel - for those who don't value stability this might be a temporary perk (no significant other/ mortgage / pets) but the pressure of constant travelling for work is stressful

Getting promoted is easy - here's the steps
    1) find a senior manager who other managers and senior managers fears/respects - this is the guy who fights for you during laddering
    2) stay staffed and chargeable overtime is key (numbers says a lot in laddering calls)
    3) brown nose and make sure all the senior management knows you and likes you

Conssenior management doesn't care about the project it's all about changeability.

High political environment most managers are incompetent especially non-technical PMO and Project Managers - they'll spent time looking good and blaming others and when things hit the fan they'll start throwing people under the bus to protect themselves

HR will let you go if you stay on the bench so you'll basically have to take roles that you're not specialized in.

No training and no work/life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of incompetent senior staffs it's toxic for the Project Team to have to deal with their political bs when they're trying to make a honest living.

Good place to start your career

ProsGreat clients to work for, flexible work situations, good benefits

ConsSome days you question what you've done all day, unclear on promotions/opportunities, poor geographic wide raises

Advice to Senior ManagementWould not be surprised if turn around becomes high again, as employees look for better opportunities

Analyst

Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsHigh performing organization, with lots of bright individuals. Rewarding exit opportunities if you stay at the firm for a while.

ConsWorking hours and culture is not the best. The hours are longer than usual and it is a general expectation of its staff

Advice to Senior ManagementMore competitive salary and working environments.

Career experience based on chance more than meritocracy, skill, attitude or network

Analyst (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsGreat exposure to various industries and functions, amazing learning opportunity, very collegial environment

ConsThe company's policies breeds too many type-A consultants, and compensates/treats younger recruits as though they are going to leave during the first two years (which of course is exactly what happens)

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just pay lip service to "people are our greatest asset", hire the right people who cares about and can work with other humans, retain that talent with proper development opportunities, and pay attention to your people.

CSR on contract

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Thorold, ON

ProsClean, friendly employees. The company it self may have potential to be know as a great company to work for as it does say it offers growth within.

ConsI was hired on contract for 4mos. At the end of my 3rd day of training I was contacted by my employment agency to inform me that "due to unforeseen circumstances" I was not required to return. I was friendly, eager to learn, as well as experienced. This can only lead me to think that the Accenture office in Thorold practices some type of favoritism right from the start in the training room. Regarding the training, I found the class size too large (25) for one trainer to effectively deliver any type of depth to the material she was trying to teach.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps you should review with your individual HR departments on how to improve their relations with new hires and current staff. Also, a review on how not to play the favoritism game, because while they appear to be friendly and nice they really are not. This place has left a bad taste in my mouth.

PCO

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

Pros- office politics
    - no work life balance

Cons- they dislike people that can make things faster
    - want people that work like donkeys
    - dislike automation

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce office politics
    promote talent

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!