Accenture Reviews

8,942 Reviews

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme
Pierre Nanterme
3,596 Ratings

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion (in 588 reviews)

• Good work culture generally but depends on the project u are working for (in 524 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke (in 1147 reviews)

• Managers repeatedly ask you to stretch---I told you no WORK-LIFE balance:-( (in 184 reviews)

More Highlights

Above industry pay and excellent benefits commensurate with high performance.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Burnaby, BC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Burnaby, BC

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If they see you're younger who's smart and really honestly going for a university degree, they accommodate your schedule if you're a high performer, which is very rare to find these days as most could only get this flexibility in retail or restaurant. They give out performance points 1 pt = $1 (I've saved up $1,250 worth of pts over 3 yrs). You don't bring work home. They cover 95% dental, 100% medical for regular employees. They document ALL business processes with charts, tables and active links so you know exactly what to do on what situation and there is always support in all aspects of the business from IT to the paperwork, everything is provided. They have huge resources so they have the best technology and very lean processes, which they improve upon every few days. You have to be agile. Hybrid group role is very interesting. Good and consistent communication from senior management down to front line employees.

Cons

Super stickler to the rules and metrics. You get fired if you are late by more than 1 minute twice in one month. Breaks exactly 15 min and lunch 30 min--they count seconds thanks to their advanced ERP system. If you're not by your desk, they will talk to you about this and be given a "warning" depending on your seniority. High turn over due to excessive expectation to work between 98-100% at ALL times. I'm not kidding. There is hierarchy between new hires and folks with seniority. (ie. new hires can't call in sick but longer term people do it all the time and get away with it)

Currently, it takes 10 yrs to be in management if you're an honest high performing worker who's not "tight" with any managers. 2-4 lateral roles you can move into within department in a 2-5 yr timeline, but very hard to switch from say Business Process Outsourcing to a totally different field like Finance or Engineering despite having finished your directly related degree. I hear that managers are only getting paid $55-60k, which is not worth their stress and round the clock hours.

Good culture

Former Employee - Consultant Manager in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Consultant Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I was able to travel to lots of different places around the world and gain different kinds of experiences as well as meet many new people along the way.

Cons

Having to travel a lot for work affected my work life balance with not having consistent work hours and always being in different time zones.

Not what I thought

Former Employee - Business and Systems Integration
    Former Employee - Business and Systems Integration

I worked at Accenture as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

-With such a big company there are lots of projects to work on
    -The intern event in St.Charles was a lot of fun

Cons

-My project was very disorganized and very political.
    -Compensation was bad
    -Job posting was mislead. I thought I would be doing software design but ended up in "project management" tracking down files to upload to sharepoint.

Good learning experience but not sustainable

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some great people at the company
    Decent Salary for new grad
    Opportunities for training & Tuition reimbursement
    Opportunities to be involved in Corporate Citizenship
    Good work culture in 1st year of employment, declined with new management

Cons

Lack of Work Life Balance
    Lack of Career Opportunities
    Top Down Management Approach
    Highly Structured, Highly supervised work environment - little room for autonomy
    Lack of trust between employees and management

Create more opportunities for employees to be involved in decision making
    Provide career opportunities for current employees through promotions rather than bringing in outsiders for management vacancies.

Excellent learning; terrible work-life balance

Former Employee - Consultant in Montreal, QC
    Former Employee - Consultant in Montreal, QC

I worked at Accenture full-time

Pros

Loved the culture, loved having managers to look up to and that were incredibly smart, loved having international ties through this company, loved St-Charles (the training facilities). I have learnt so much with the company and I'll always keep a dear spot in my heart for ACN.

Cons

Promotions sucked. It's too bad ppl needed to play the game of overworking themselves to get promoted.

Work-life balance is inexistent. Worked ridiculous hours for "team spirit". Yes, they somehow suck it out of you.

And so because there's so much work, there's also lots of stuff going on at work, where "new" (read "extramarital") relationships form... that's what happens when ppl spend too much time with each other, it seems.

Leadership: lots of very very good leaders out there. I loved the value added given to clients. I believed in our proposals and the ideas brought fwd. And stayed long enough to see it make a true difference for many clients. Keep on taking good care of your employees.

Find ways to keep us as it's so hard for the ones of us who want families to find ways/incentives to stay.

Awesome

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Work life balance and opportunities are great

Cons

Do not support resources being moved from one delivery center to another country's delivery center

Support resources being moved from one delivery center to another country's delivery center instead of the resource having to resign from Accenture

Invest on your self

Current Employee - Technology Consulting Manager in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Technology Consulting Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work Opportunities
    Great Projects
    Great Networking Support
    Opportunity to travel

Cons

Promotion Mechanism not always is working
    Travel in same case is too much

Accenture Solution review

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Good work culture
    - Good benefits

Cons

- Not very good managment
    - Work pressure is vary with assignment

Massive company with hands in all sectors and functions of work - but little care for the employee at the end of the day

Current Employee - Strategy Analyst
    Current Employee - Strategy Analyst

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Because of the size of the firm, there really are opportunities to work across all sectors and functions. There's pure strategy work, and there's SAP implementation work. There's resources and private equity work, and there's FS and Retail work.
    - The compensation for "Management Consulting" or what's now known as "Accenture Strategy" is competitive vs. alternatives straight out of college

Cons

- Pockets of great people are often pushed out of the company due to a toxic work culture brought on by a grossly imperfect rating structure
    - Training and professional development are advertised, but not guaranteed - indeed, many go through their two year stint and are never allowed to go to training because "chargeability needs to stay high"

Take care of your people. True, there will always be a supply of eager young graduates willing to put up with the outdated and depersonalized management culture; however, it's more likely going to bite you in the long run.

Good place to learn

Current Employee - SAP Consultant in Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - SAP Consultant in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good place to learn how to work in projects, new technologies and working experience in general

Cons

salaries and longer hours depending on the project management

Try to retain good people