Accenture

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

(2,750 ratings)

7,176 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work Life balance, Easy to commute as good connectivity of shuttles across the city"
    in 431 reviews
  • "Good work culture, Vast training programmes, inter -technology & domain shifting"
    in 415 reviews
Cons:
  • "Don't respect work life balance or personal commitments unless you have kids"
    in 850 reviews
  • "No work-life balance for consultants trying to make it up the ranks to Managing Directors"
    in 143 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

High performance company

Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 5 years

ProsEvery new project/assignment is like changing the carer, you learn a lot working with so remarkable people everyday.

ConsLots of working overtime during the "storms"

Ok, but stressful and work unfairly allocated

Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee)
Thorold, ON

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than a year

ProsBeing able to bid on shifts, request days off via the computer system and being able to work OT and then bank the hours to take as time off later on was very nice. I also enjoyed a lot of the people I worked with.

ConsFor me, one of the most aggravating things about the position was the unfair allocation of work. I was working on the Customer Care queue (this is before it was eventually merged with the EST queue) and many an evening the Customer Care queue would be not getting a breath in as calls were often back to back and yet other employees on the EST queue would be sitting around us chatting and with no calls to take... it was frustrating and did not help morale for my queue. That and often times the EST queue would refuse to take a call that they should've taken. Otherwise, I had to deal with the same sorts of problems as is standard in a lot of call centers... micro-management and an emphasis on speed rather than quality plus of course being evaluated against a list of expectations on every call. I was very good at what I did but call centers can be very difficult places to work. When I started working there I was part of a new training class of circa 30 people and when I left, I was one of only 3 remaining because of the stress. When I did leave, I had no choice as the stress had started to badly affect my health and when I asked if I could reduce my hours for awhile or change departments I was told my only option was to quit. Obviously I was a number on a spreadsheet and not a person to the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people as more than a number on a report. Treating customers well and resolving their issues in a kind and efficient way both is more important than doing a call in so many minutes. It's also extremely stressful on staff to be so micro-managed.

Good company to learn

Accenture Management Consulting - Consultant (Current Employee)
Calgary, AB

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAccenture Is a global organization

ConsThe compensation is average in the industry

Great way to start your career

Technology Consulting Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAccenture really provides their employees the chance to explore a wide range of industries and companies.

ConsIt has a highly competitive rating process, after all it's a company filled with superstars, and everybody wants to move up, but there are limited slots. The rating process has changed a bit in the last year, there are now 2 cycles, one in March and another in September.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive an indication before promotion results come out in March and September if the employee is likely to be promoted or not - reveal the project rating before going into nationals rating.

IT Project Manager Review at Accenture

IT Project Manager (Former Employee)
Burnaby, BC

I worked at Accenture as a contractor for less than a year

ProsIndustry recognition.
Leadership professional respect.
Team work.

ConsSmall complexity projects.
Too much paperwork.

Great people but work life balanace is not valued

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe people and opportunities are great.

ConsDepending on the project work you get - the hours can be extensive (12 to 16 work days sometimes)

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople at lower levels do not always feel valued.

Up or out

Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee)
Vancouver, BC

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWealth of knowledge and exposure to global business and business architecture

ConsLooking for a very specific personality type - you're up or out in a dog eat dog, type A personality environment.

Could've been better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Accenture full-time

ProsIf you are young, presentable, well-spoken and willing to work hard, you might do well.
The company holds activities to improve employee engagement such as monthly Friday afternoon nosh and networking events.
There is a large network of employees to reach out to for help.
Depending on your job, you may have the chance to take additional training.
Community spirit and citizenship are prized and constitute part of your job performance. Performance reviews are done regularly.
There is a total rewards program, you can receive points for doing a good job; points can be cashed in for prizes.
There is a discounted transit pass program.

ConsInternal support (Payroll, Helpdesk) are provided by employees in other countries. Sometimes you are passed from one support group to another.
Promotions are few and far between. If the company thinks you will stay without being promoted, you will never be promoted or given a raise.
There are no office supplies to speak of.
The company will not pay overtime when it can get away with it.
Depending on your department, you will be timed on your breaks and lunch.
Most departments have metrics or qpm, you are expected to handle a specific amount of calls, invoices or work.
There is no consistency between managers; some managers are excellent and want their employees to get ahead while others are just there to collect a paycheck and complain about their staff.

Overall it's okay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Accenture

Prosgood team environment
good employee training
I was able to balance my work and life
double overtime pay
downtown location

Conshard to get a promotion, not much room for career growth
somewhat political settings where posturing and self promotion get rewarded

Manager, Management Consulting

Management Consulting Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros1. A great place to learn from experts around the world
2. A great brand
3. Great projects and client base
4. Good compensation

Cons1. You may need to redefine your definition of work life balance

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 281,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme. All 7,176 reviews are posted anonymously by Accenture employees.