Accenture

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

(2,749 ratings)

6,852 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work Life balance, Easy to commute as good connectivity of shuttles across the city"
    in 392 reviews
  • "senior employees were very helpful in getting me accustomed to the work culture"
    in 355 reviews
Cons:
  • "No work-life balance for consultants trying to make it up the ranks to Managing Directors"
    in 777 reviews
  • "You work long hours you have to leav the copany sooner or later"
    in 464 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Politics and no understanding of the local market.

I have been working at Accenture full-time

ProsGain technical experience while waiting for a job in your desired industry.

ConsWork with people remitting their money back to India and don't care about the local market.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce turnover by increasing base wages in services.

very strict with there metrics

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Burnaby, BC

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

Prosthe pay is average for a call centre

Consthey just want you to use their scripting and not deviate from it be a robot

Advice to Senior Managementrecognize that people want to talk to people not a script

Great place to start your career

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFast paced environment and will challenge you to perform above your level, good learning experience

ConsPay does not match work performed by market rate

Advice to Senior Managementhave a defined and objective performance review system

High performance company

Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 5 years

ProsEvery new project/assignment is like changing the carer, you learn a lot working with so remarkable people everyday.

ConsLots of working overtime during the "storms"

Great people, challengng work

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSmart people and great culture and company values. High expectations keep you on your toes.

ConsVery competitive place. Projects/roles aren't always great and engaging.

Downtown Accenture office is a fashion show with little substance

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt's a fairly flat org structure so even as an Analyst, you may be exposed to 'deal shape' or 'cci' discussions that quite frankly is not transparent in other "firms" like IBM. There is a real opportunity to excel given the right circumstance and opportunity. I had the opportunity to travel to exotic places in the past 2.5 years here at the firm that I doubt any other place can offer. Expense reimbursement requires little red tape. Pay is decent if you played the cards right coming in...

Cons...or pay could be a deal-breaker, because it may not change for a while (ie for years) and even if it did, say if you were rated average or above, it won't change a heck of a lot for the better. Don't bother understanding the rating/laddering process - even if you did, it likely changed! The powers to be write the rules and likely not to your favor. It's really all about the relationship, not necessarily about merit; I've heard it from the horse's mouth; believe me. You may lose friends because of travel; I've seen marriages break down, relationships end ...or begin.

Advice to Senior ManagementAddress turnover. If people truly mattered, make it worth it to stay - talk is cheap. And for Pete's sake get rid of the "percenture" tool - what is it? A badge of honor that people head for the hills in droves? It's the canary in the coal mine when the number goes up!

Good company to learn

Accenture Management Consulting - Consultant (Current Employee)
Calgary, AB

ProsAccenture Is a global organization

ConsThe compensation is average in the industry

Ok, but stressful and work unfairly allocated

Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee)
Thorold, ON

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than a year

ProsBeing able to bid on shifts, request days off via the computer system and being able to work OT and then bank the hours to take as time off later on was very nice. I also enjoyed a lot of the people I worked with.

ConsFor me, one of the most aggravating things about the position was the unfair allocation of work. I was working on the Customer Care queue (this is before it was eventually merged with the EST queue) and many an evening the Customer Care queue would be not getting a breath in as calls were often back to back and yet other employees on the EST queue would be sitting around us chatting and with no calls to take... it was frustrating and did not help morale for my queue. That and often times the EST queue would refuse to take a call that they should've taken. Otherwise, I had to deal with the same sorts of problems as is standard in a lot of call centers... micro-management and an emphasis on speed rather than quality plus of course being evaluated against a list of expectations on every call. I was very good at what I did but call centers can be very difficult places to work. When I started working there I was part of a new training class of circa 30 people and when I left, I was one of only 3 remaining because of the stress. When I did leave, I had no choice as the stress had started to badly affect my health and when I asked if I could reduce my hours for awhile or change departments I was told my only option was to quit. Obviously I was a number on a spreadsheet and not a person to the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people as more than a number on a report. Treating customers well and resolving their issues in a kind and efficient way both is more important than doing a call in so many minutes. It's also extremely stressful on staff to be so micro-managed.

Great way to start your career

Technology Consulting Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAccenture really provides their employees the chance to explore a wide range of industries and companies.

ConsIt has a highly competitive rating process, after all it's a company filled with superstars, and everybody wants to move up, but there are limited slots. The rating process has changed a bit in the last year, there are now 2 cycles, one in March and another in September.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive an indication before promotion results come out in March and September if the employee is likely to be promoted or not - reveal the project rating before going into nationals rating.

IT Project Manager Review at Accenture

IT Project Manager (Former Employee)
Burnaby, BC

I worked at Accenture as a contractor for less than a year

ProsIndustry recognition.
Leadership professional respect.
Team work.

ConsSmall complexity projects.
Too much paperwork.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 281,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme. All 6,852 reviews are posted anonymously by Accenture employees.