Acadia Healthcare

Updated 22 October, 2014
1.6

Acadia Healthcare Chairman and CEO Joey A. Jacobs
Joey A. Jacobs

Be honest with the world...

Former Employee - Texas in Abilene, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Texas in Abilene, TX (US)

I worked at Acadia Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some good co-workers and the opportunity to help those in need.

Cons

Continually understaffed by design to maximize $$ over patient care or safety.

With just a bit more staff, this place could be safer, more effective and actually keep staff longer. Every member of this organization should be required to work the floor quarterly to see the difficulty of caring for patients with so little resources.

Buyout has shifted once patient-centered, familial company to cold, money-hungry facility.

Former Employee - Administrative Professional in Ocala, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Administrative Professional in Ocala, FL (US)

I worked at Acadia Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are decent and staff, for the most part, are friendly.

Cons

Hourly pay and salaries are poor, extremely high turnover rates, some employees are overworked due to lack of responsibility among other employees yet are not compensated for this, very little if any accountability among senior management, morale among employees is terrible, lack of training and advancement opportunities, HR is underqualified and is not very involved in employee matters, favoritism and entitlement is still very present in certain departments, budget cuts which diminish the quality of patient care (and the patients take notice!), Acadia has basically turned this facility into a cold, hospital-like environment instead of the familial, warm and caring place it once was.

Listen to your employees' concerns and take a more active role in handling matters. Pay employees what they deserve for their skills, certifications and length of employment. Invest in employees more through improved training, career advancement opportunities and better perks for those earning a degree. Be accountable for short-comings and focus more on quality of care and treating the patient like a human being in need instead of only seeing dollar signs.

Definition of insanity is Acadia

Former Employee - Human Resource
    Former Employee - Human Resource

I worked at Acadia Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Patients, good employees who were at hospital before Acadia bought it out

Cons

They fire CEO's and CFO's, Clinical Directors, and therapists, faster than speed of light, employees at all levels are hired and set up to fail without proper orientation or support from leaders, and systems and processes

Do you even have a strategic plan? The constant churn of employees is telling you a story are you listening? Manual systems where employees spend huge effort checking the work of vendors Who are paid to do the job? What is wrong with this I wonder if your leadership team even knows thousands wasted on constant employee churn

The last few months were horrible and completely overwhelming and patient safety compromised.

I worked at Acadia Healthcare

Pros

Pay, pay, pay, pay, pay

Cons

They ask for your opinion but if it's not what they want to hear, you'll be fired.

Your leaving yourself wide open to a law suit.

love the patients

Current Employee - MHA in Belton, TX (US)
    Current Employee - MHA in Belton, TX (US)

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

wonderful boss who is very supportive,love the pt's,great schedule

Cons

pay sucks and there is a lack of communication across campus from unit to unit

pay better to keep good employees,get rid of bad ones and communication is key.

Billionaires with no care

Current Employee - MHPP/Lecdt in Trumann, AR (US)
    Current Employee - MHPP/Lecdt in Trumann, AR (US)

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Its local, my fellow employees on site, and my patients.

Cons

When Acadia bought my company I was exicted thinking it would be for the best. WRONG. They seem to not have a care in the world about employee. We are always short staffed, do not get paid enough and its less than 9$ an hour, I have never met anyone higher up than our local CEO but feel the wrath of all the choices they make to save a dollar, they dont seem to care about our children that attend their clinics because by the choice they make you can clearly tell, and they dont communicate with staff period!! Oh and they have an occurrence system a patient has the stomach bug gives it to you the supervisor sends you home but you get an occurrence! !! Ridiculous

Go to a clinic and work for less than 9$ an hour in the classroom for a week and see what choices you make then. Communicate one on one with your staff. Cheaper better insurance and more pay. Due away with occurrence system and hire more people.

All down hill after take over.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Ocklawaha, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Ocklawaha, FL (US)

I worked at Acadia Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Loved my job for a long time prior to take over. Working with clients was wonderful and I
    could see the difference my work was making in their lives.

Cons

When take over was in progress I was happy thinking the favoritism would be resolved and policy would change such as family working together and convicted felons would be removed from positions. All that happened was the top was given new titles. RN's replaced by inexperienced LPN's and new grads.

Wake up. No doubt I will be reading about a sentinel event in the newspaper soon. What ever happened to exit interviews. After you have had an employee for yrs don't you wonder why in this job market they would quit Poor compliance with safety issues. Fall precautions safe detox. Multiple Med errors by incompetent staff overlooked and discarded. Large staff turn over.

Work with at-risk-kids, can be reward but also frustrating

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM (US)

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare

Pros

You get to work with kids and hopefully make a positive impact on their lives. Working at the site is interesting because of the kids interacting but it is also a rather grim place

Cons

First kid I worked with didn't listen to anything I said and was %100 defiant. Sometimes difficult to understand exactly where you fit in.

Clean up the main facility. That is my my main concern with Desert Hills up until this point just go

No management support, no morale among staff.

Former Employee - Program Counselor in Louisville, TN (US)
    Former Employee - Program Counselor in Louisville, TN (US)

I worked at Acadia Healthcare

Pros

If you enjoy working with troubled kids, then there are a lot of opportunities for you to counsel them.

Cons

Support from management is almost non existent, always short staffed, staff are in potentially dangerous situations with little help and at times single staffed when they shouldn't be.

The kids are the ones who are suffering. It isn't all about the money. That isn't why the Village was founded and it is on a downward spiral.