Abercrombie & Fitch

2.8 2,053 reviews

Abercrombie & Fitch Chairman and CEO Mike Jeffries

Mike Jeffries

(1,135 ratings)

Pros
  • Working with really good looking people - cons is that they are not smart (in 44 reviews)

• you got to work with people your own age and the managers were pretty laid back (in 108 reviews)

Cons
  • The lucky ones would get 8 hours a week getting paid minimum wage (in 232 reviews)

• Poor work life balance, poor support from upper management depending on the district/region you're in (in 69 reviews)

More Highlights
2,053 Employee Reviews

A decent job for an 18 year-old to earn some extra cash

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou work with fun people and if your manager is cool, you can goof off a little bit, too

ConsListening to the same songs over and over for the whole 5-hour shift

Advice to Senior ManagementPlay the music more softly and don't use so much Fierce cologne!

I learned about visual merchandising.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible Hours and I learned a lot.

ConsSuperficial.
    Work isn't hard, but can be tedious.

Advice to Senior ManagementA little more training in the beginning would be nice.

Going Under

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

Prosfun relaxed atmosphere! love my associates

Conspay is minimal, retail hours are not fun.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Associate

Model (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN (US)

ProsChill Managers that expect their employees to be late or not show up. Can typically be seen chatting with some model somewhere in the store.
    Flexible schedules allow working 0-7 days per week, good for students.
    Discounts.

ConsUpper management expectations of minimum wage employees are too close to perfect for the dying brand that it is.
    Pay, and only one model and one impactor get $0.50 raise each year which is typically awarded to the manager's current BFF, like OMG totes

Advice to Senior ManagementUse your 4 year degrees elsewhere hahaaaaaaa

Model blah

ProsFunny people
    cool managers
    smells good ..sometimes

Consunpaid
    not enough hours
    discount is really a discount

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your models better

An amazing experience with endless possibilities and the potential for positive and rapid growth.

Store Manager (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD (US)

ProsTraining is very hands on, and the opportunity for growth is amazing. You get to meet people from all over the world. Some of my best friends were made working for this company.

ConsSometimes the hours are long, but the work that you put in will be worth it in the end. Work-life balance varies based on how much time you are willing to make for personal activities.

Fun at first...quickly became stressful

Store Manager (Former Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsThe people become your best friends. You have the opportunity to become promoted quickly. If the store you work in doesn't have many managers, it is very hard to take off the days that you want.

ConsUnrealistic standards, pay, work/life balance. You have to turn down people who want to work just because they don't meet the "look"

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you value your people as much as you say you do, why not pay them like it?

Flexible and easy

Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsEveryone is easy to work with, usually students or recent graduates so that'll be good if you're also a student. Employee discounts aren't too bad either. Everyone is also friendly and is always ready to help/answer questions.

ConsManagement was very unorganized while I was there. Other than watching the mandatory videos about theft, etc, i did not receive any training such as learning the cash register - until I was suppose to be assigned to it. I have had previous register experience so that wasn't anything major. The environment is laid back but can be hectic due to lack of communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more verbal and look content even if you're stressed

Great people, fun managers

ProsI met a lot of people during college

ConsNo way to move up in the company unless you get a college degree.

My experience working there is something ill remember. From chill music to that smell of Fierce cologne. Good Times..

Impact Team Member (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsBest reasons of working here would be the constant one to one conversations with shoppers. I was close to learning multiple languages within a month. Working in a store where everyones diverse.

ConsChallenges of working here at A&F would be the lingering smell of their brand perfume or cologne. It's really hard to breathe especially on a floor with a group of shoppers breathing down your neck.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers gotta be more responsible with your associates. Most managers Ive worked with often "Chill" or "hangout". IT IS YOUR DUTY to make sure everything is going as smooth as possible.

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!