Abercrombie & Fitch

2.8 2,030 reviews

Abercrombie & Fitch Chairman and CEO Mike Jeffries

Mike Jeffries

(1,124 ratings)

Pros
  • Working with really good looking people - cons is that they are not smart(in 43 reviews)

• you got to work with people your own age and the managers were pretty laid back(in 108 reviews)

Cons
  • The lucky ones would get 8 hours a week getting paid minimum wage(in 231 reviews)

• Poor work life balance, poor support from upper management depending on the district/region you're in(in 68 reviews)

2,030 Employee Reviews

military

Impact Team Member (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

Proseasy to trade shifts, nice enough managers

Consmust get a second job. max hrs a week were 12. strict policy on looks. employee discount didnt help much when it came time to buy clothes for your uniform

Great place to meet people.

Model (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA (US)

ProsThe people you meet there are awesome and makes the time and effort you put towards the company worth it.

ConsIts retail so you'll have to do with all kinds of customers. The job is repetitive and it could get really boring.

It was okay

Floor Model (Current Employee) Burnsville, MN (US)

ProsEasy and relaxing job and it could be friend if you're working with a friend

ConsDealing with mean customers sucked and black fridays get way too busy

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun and Horrible

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsThe discount.

I worked there while in high school and through part of college. It was a fun place to work, for that period of my life. I'm still in contact with few people I met while working there.

ConsYou had to be meticulous, which would get fun if a team was motivated and dedicated - but that was rare and impermanent.
    It was very important we hire attractive people - that's the thing that makes me feel awkward when I look back at what of kind manager I was while I worked there.

It was fun.

Greeter (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsPaid very well. I was the guy who stood in front of the store without a shirt on and got paid $31/hr.

ConsNot a lot of hours but I had a very flexible schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

okay fun college job

In-Store Model (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

Prosreally cool co-workers, not really hard work just stand around and look cute, fold clothes, greet customers.
    Decent clothing employee discount

Consminimum wage job
    not very challenging

All about the looks

Model (Former Employee)

ProsYou're surrounded by good looking people in an environment that can be pretty relaxed most of the time.

ConsA lot of the people are so focused on looks that people who aren't as attractive get made fun of by the models, last minute standardizing right before anyone important visits with lots of pressure from management.

Advice to Senior ManagementDivide up tasks earlier and make sure everyone stays on topic.

Good job for a college student.

Impact Lead (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsYou got to make your own schedule, the pay was decent, free clothes, meet a ton of really cool people. I really loved working in the flagship store. I'm still friends with people who I met there. The scheduling was excellent and you could give away or trade shifts. It wasn't difficult to get promoted to full -time if you worked hard and were knowledgeable.

ConsSome management could be mean. Some of the models acted entitled.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat experience.

Young, fun, fast paced environment to work in. Expect to work hard but also see results and an impact from your work.

Senior IT Analyst (Former Employee) New Albany, OH (US)

ProsSmart people. Fun environment. Good benefits (gym, volleyball court, great cafe, fun events, etc).

ConsMay work long hours. May find that your success is based on company's success. Has had 3-4 rounds of layoffs in past 5 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe transparent to everyone in company.

Better than flipping burgers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCool co workers and managers

ConsMinimum wage, managers trick you into buying the trending uniforms when they should be free

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!