AXA Advisors

Be The First To
Add Photos

AXA Advisors Chairman and CEO Henri de Castries

Henri de Castries

Pros:
  • "Flexible hours, you're in charge of your own future"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Opportunity to make a lot of money, if you work hard enough or get lucky"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Sell to family and friends" marketing mentality"
    in 6 reviews
  • "No base salary, heavy sales focus, no formal training"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good Sales Training / Poor Sales Leads

Financial Representative (Former Employee)
Columbia, MD (US)

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time for more than a year

ProsIf you already have a network of people who you can target for financial services, there is the potential for significant income. Allows you to use products outside of AXA, but it is not encouraged. Good sales training.

ConsPotential clients aren't familiar with AXA. Expect to be on the phone making a lot of cold calls if you don't have a lead network in place. This would be fine, except that you have to pay for/produce the leads yourself. For younger individuals, it focuses more on annuities then on managed money to accumulate wealth, which is more expensive for the client.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould be easier for those starting out if they worked under a mentor. Sales could be supplemented by supporting mentor. Base salary. Have a system in place to provide leads.

I learned how to properly file and organize documents and folders.

Clerical Assistant (Former Employee)
Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at AXA Advisors part-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe employer and the whole work environment is friendly, you learn about the business and it's flexible.

ConsThe downside was it was not the work field of my choice, but it was something and I'm glad I was apart of it.

Summer Internship

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AXA Advisors

ProsFellow Interns were cool but that is pretty much it.

ConsToo many to list them all. For starts the District VP that i was assigned to was oblivious on what to assign to interns. Most days the interns would just sit there and do nothing or sit on the internet and play games because nothing was assigned to them.

They will make you lie

Financial Advisor (Former Employee)
Bellevue, WA (US)

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time for less than a year

ProsYou can get your licenses quickly but you have to pay for them yourself. There is not really any other positive thing to say here

ConsThey will make you call all your friends and family even before you are licensed and sell them high-priced and poor performing annuities and whole life insurance policies. This is a 100% commission job and they will charge you for everything such as stamps to mail out documents to clients

Advice to Senior ManagementBeing honest is a better long term business plan. Do not nickle and dime your employees when you are making so much off their backs

Intern

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at AXA Advisors as an intern for less than a year

Proswork was easy, i had only one supervisor

ConsI came in the afternoon, so didn't really interact with many people. and it was an unpaid internship

Management and organization is not the best for learning and professional women

Financial Advisor (Former Employee)
Honolulu, HI (US)

I worked at AXA Advisors as a contractor for less than a year

ProsIf you like to be completely on your own and have zero guidance or help, this is the place.

ConsNo training, too much depends on local branch managers, if you luck out to have a good one, it's good, I wasn't that lucky. The management is very pushy about specific products, if you don't meet certain quotas on products they promote, you can lose your job. There was virtually no guidance for a newbie in the business like me.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise to pay more attention to new people and help out to learn more about products and business rather than pushing people to sell things they have no idea about.

AXA Advisors Internship

Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at AXA Advisors as an intern for less than a year

ProsGot to work directly with a wealth management adviser.
Received a lot of responsibilities right away in researching various mutual funds.
I also was able to accompany my supervisor while she met with clients and brought me along on presentations of various mutual funds.

ConsA lot of administrative work.
Many days of making copies, faxes, and scans.
Work also consisted of researching new clients for the firm which consisted off filling up phone lists during the evening.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse more mentorship to show interns how portfolios are set for different clients. Teach interns, and give them more responsibility rather than administrative tasks.

AMAZING, great people. Great environment. I love my job.

AXA Advisor (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time for more than a year

ProsMeeting amazing people on a daily basis. Working with great people.

ConsUnstable paycheck due to commission

Advice to Senior Managementna

"A great way to get started in financial advisory."

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time

ProsThe company offers many financial services and thus offers advisors multiple platforms to earn and find their own personal niche.

ConsDo not expect to learn /or apply much about financial concepts. This is pretty much sales job. Requires a lot of initial personal investment (time, licensing fees). Hopefully you get a good manager (as I did) that will help you get a foothold in business early before you start to branch out.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your advisors as far as infrastructure or tools. This is a major global corporation and advisors should not have to go into their own pocket to enhance their marketing capabilities.

Able and willing!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AXA Advisors

ProsAwesome training for those new to the industry and/or profession. It's truly graduate level training at least twice a week. Homework assignments and all but for real life scenarios and client interactions.

ConsMake sure you know your fellow associates well because they will steal commissions which is important because you start out pre-contract (100% commission).

Advice to Senior ManagementPaid Training!!!!

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!

AXA Advisors Videos

AXA Advisors – Why Work for Us?

What we stand for… We connect people in communities with financial services and products that help protect the futures they build for themselves and their families. At AXA Advisors, we work hard to help our financial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AXA Advisors reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for AXA Advisors CEO Henri de Castries. All 239 reviews are posted anonymously by AXA Advisors employees.