AXA Advisors

Be The First To
Add Photos

AXA Advisors Chairman and CEO Henri de Castries

Henri de Castries

Pros
  • Flexible hours most of the time(in 13 reviews)

• You can make a lot of money if you are truly dedicated and passionate about the job (or about the money)(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No base salary offered in Manasquan(in 8 reviews)

• Sell to family and friends" marketing mentality(in 6 reviews)

Helpful if you get the right mentor

Financial Representative (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsDefinitely not a job for someone straight out of college to get into unless you are willing to really bust your butt and probably be broke for a year or two. If you are willing to put all the effort into it, you WILL get results but until then, its really rough.

ConsDepending on your mentor, your experience here may be a complete waste of time. If your mentor does suck, go latch on to somebody else.

Advice to Senior ManagementYes interns are replaceable but treat them well and you can help them help you! Its a win-win situation!

Karr Barth/AXA Advisors

Financial Consultant (Current Employee) Bala Cynwyd, PA (US)

ProsKarr Barth is one of the top AXA offices in the country for good reason. The training is second to none; coming from another broker/dealer and new to the business, the training I received and continue to receive at Karr Barth is amazing. Management does an extremely good job assisting new advisors in launching their business.

ConsBeing an advisor is extremely difficult--no one at Karr Barth will try and hide that from you. It is difficult for good reason, however. Other reviews cite having to pay for licensing or tapping your "natural market" as negatives. Launching a business that holds a tangible value has a cost up front. However, having ownership over your own business allows you the freedom to be as successful or unsuccessful as you want to be--there is no ceiling.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

No True Leadership

Financial Advisor (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsYou can earn your FINRA licensing.

ConsWithout real leadership this group of offices in West LA, Woodland Hills, Irvine and Koreatown will always under perform. Branch managers say they have an open door policy, but don't have time or interest in speaking to you. Divisional Managers lack management and leadership skills.
    You can't hire everyone and spread managers too thin to train the new advisors, Make a mistake and you might receive a rude call from the compliance bulldog. I could never understand a word she said but knew she was not happy. I spent long days learning from those who would give me time but in the end I realized that this group did not care about me at all. I wanted to learn and bee successful and I put in the time, but needed guidance.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop looking at this as a numbers game. You hire everyone who interviews and then it is sink or swim. Those with a good network in the area seem to survive and those who don't have a network fail and move on. Take the time to get to know your people and grow them into Financial Advisors instead of being hands off.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lacking professionalism

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsThe ability to build a network. Learn about front-office work. Flexible hours. Great location in Midtown.

ConsOffice culture: lacking professionalism. Testosterone-filled. Loud, inappropriate banter. Inappropriate dress-code. Unpaid. Indifferent managers who want to maximize profit earning potential. Leaves intern with mundane business development work where the intern does not gain any knowledge.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees and interns better. Don't hire incompetent employees who spend more time gossiping than working.

As long as you are aware there is no job security

Financial Advisor (Current Employee)

ProsGood training and the ability to earn an excellent income with hard work. Flexibility in working hours although you will probably work far more hours than in a traditional job.

ConsYou are encouraged to believe that you are starting your own business, but the business is always theirs.
    Selling life insurance and annuities produces renewals that are supposed to be with you as long as the business is on the books and as long as you are vested. There is a small pension, but the allure of the insurance business is that your renewals will be your true pension. The contract you sign says that at some point the renewals become "service fees". Even if you are still servicing the clients and have your licence, you must still must produce new business or they will terminate you and you will lose all "service fees". that you have built up over the years and "your" clients will be given to other agents or retained by the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew business should not be required of a representative after an agent reaches 65 and signs retirement papers. . If the agent is compliant and servicing his business he should not be required to go out and hustle new business. Terminating these representatives, not allowing the client to be serviced by their trusted adviser and absorbing their hard earned fees is tantamount to stealing. I would say that you should find a firm that actually lets you keep your clients as long as you are vested and able to service their accounts.

If you work hard you will be compensated.

Financial Advisor (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGrowth, Independence, Sales Driven, Pays well

ConsNot much help, Need to work with others

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the younger guys more tools for success

Good

Financial Advisor (Current Employee) Irvine, CA (US)

ProsBiggest financial company in the world

ConsNo warm market, need to find it by your owe

Marketing Internship

Marketing (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsEasy-going, non micromanaging and generally friendly working environment. The people are nice and encouraging. Not a bad place to start a career out of school.

ConsThe pay is very low starting. It is hard to get clients and very little to no training is provided.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow what the job can offer before offering the job.

Marketing and Recruiting Intern

Marketing and Recruiting Intern (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD (US)

ProsI assist the Marketing and Recruiting Director in all aspects of the job. She is an extremely creative and talented social media guru. She has been very trusting in assigning me with important, time-sensitive projects and has taught me valuable skills in all aspects of the job. Schedules are very flexible. State-of-the-art training program prepares new employees to be extremely successful.The branch provides this training for free and hosts weekly training seminars on how to utilize social media to spread brand awareness.

ConsYou definitely have to work hard to be successful, but they provide the stepping stones one would need to prosper here. The hard work literally pays off, you just have to be willing to put the effort in.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt may be beneficial to create a position solely for a Recruiting Director. It's extremely time consuming and difficult to manage all aspects of marketing and recruiting for the entire branch and its detached offices.

I've worked at a competitive firm in the past, there is no comparison.

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsGreat training, great people, endless support, huge wealth building benefits, and a fun place to be a part of. Family culture, winning attitude, and competitive but team oriented environment.

ConsIt can be tough to get up and running, but once your going it's worth it.

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!