AT&T

3.1 5,346 reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson

Randall L. Stephenson

(2,459 ratings)

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school (in 268 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time (in 140 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours (in 212 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's (in 254 reviews)

More Highlights
5,346 Employee Reviews

Great

ProsLots of selling. If you can push new lines of service you will get paid.

ConsMy store does not have many accessories which makes it hard to sell them.

At&T can't communicate

Premesis Technician (Current Employee) Fond du Lac, WI (US)

ProsA lot of unlimited funds to get your equipment to you. They pay nicely to a starting career at At&t. take advantage of the unlimited tuition help

ConsBad communication for a communication company. Processes change almost weekly for uverse techs. its hard to do your job if you are not ready for a fast pace environment, You will be forced to work until load is cleared every day. When you start you are on the bottom of the pecking order, you will work Sunday and late shift.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease listen to your techs, we pay the bills. ( Mr. Clemmons, Mr. Felix)

AT&T Was A Wonderful Company to Work For

Testing Technician (Former Employee) Tustin, CA (US)

ProsMany opportunities for training and advancement within. Great benefits. i.e. tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, 401k, pension.

ConsIf only there were no quotas....Most of my career with AT&T we did not have quotas. It was all about providing Excellent Customer Service. Now there are quotas that you have to meet. Because of the quotas, unfortunately the Customer Service has really gone downhill. Some of the customers that call in are getting transferred from here to Eternity, and back again. Some are getting hung up on. Managers don't seem to care as long as their employees are meeting their numbers. If you "Do Not Meet," then you will be put on some kind of a probationary Program. If you still don't meet after being put on the Program then they will threaten you with dismissal. Some of the calls from customers are complex and require a lot of time to resolve. All of the calls can not be handled in 2 minutes and 2 seconds.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the Quotas and Work on resolving Your Customer Service Issues. Keep the jobs here in the U.S., instead of sending them overseas. Take care of the Customer on the first call, so that they do not have to repeat call, and then, the customer will be satisfied, and they will not want to leave AT&T for another Service Provider.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company if you are self motivated by money.

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsOpportunity to make a lot of money, people are fun to work with.

ConsMicro management on a consistent basis. Favoritism is often played in manager- employee relations.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation is not equal to amount of work.

Great Company

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Temple, TX (US)

ProsPay, Training, staff, benefits, discounts

ConsThe job can get stressful due to meeting quotas every month.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Store manager

Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsGood company to work for

ConsIt takes some time to move up in the Company and sometimes even if you are the best person for the job you get overlooked

Great opportunity overall

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Cerritos, CA (US)

ProsHonestly, the company compensates you for your hard work. If you are younger and are money hungry and can also be self-motivated, this job can suit you well.

ConsThere may be many times where you don't have a work life balance. You can feel overworked and exhausted. The commission comp plan can change many times, and some times it may seem unfair.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't become a manager if your heart isn't in it or if you never wanted to be one.

Computer Programmer

ProsAT&T is a wonderful company to work for. I enjoyed my experience with them and learned much from my peers. I was given many opportunities.

ConsSometimes they are stuck in their traditions, but that is why they have been around for as long as they have. Sometimes the culture is cliquish.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to provide various opportunities to members. Observe cliques within the company and directly and/or creatively discourage them particularly if they are unproductive and destructive towards either the bottom line or the devalue of others.

Great company but stiff competition to move up

Retail Account Executive (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsThe pay is competitive, the benefits are great (greatly discounted rates on cell phone plans, insurance, etc)

ConsMoving up in the company is often times a feeling of politics and who you know, not what you do.

My experience with at&t has been life changing

ProsDetailed training involved with exposure to many key elements of business.

ConsWork life balance is harder to maintain in retail.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!