AT&T

5,541 Reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
2,563 Ratings

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school (in 268 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time (in 140 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours (in 212 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's (in 254 reviews)

More Highlights

Great experience, but working in a customer facing environment burned me out.

Former Employee - Sales Support Representative  in  Walnut Creek, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Support Representative in Walnut Creek, CA (US)

Pros

They have great career developmental resources and retirement benefits.

Cons

It's easy to feel stuck, especially if you work in the brick and mortar retail store. It can get politic-heavy in knowing the right people to help you further your career.

Offer sick days. The strict point policy had myself and many other employees crawling to work in heavy sickness in fear of accruing points and being placed in disciplinary action.

Huge company with a wealth of resources and opportunities

Current Employee - Lead Financial Analyst  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Lead Financial Analyst in Dallas, TX (US)

Pros

Breadth of operations
    Commitment to employees and their development
    Good work life balance (varies by specific department)
    Encouraged movement across the company

Cons

Bureaucracy can be overbearing at times and causes decision-making to be inefficient and lag
    Communication lapses with uncertainty on status of projects and initiatives

Continue with employee development initiatives
    Strive for a flatter organizational structure to allow for quicker decision-making and more efificiency

Three years as Customer Service Rep

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I  in  Bothell, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Bothell, WA (US)

Pros

Decent pay, set hours, affordable health care, on-site RNP, required breaks and lunches

Cons

Attendance point system, not able to swap shifts, schedule changes have to be bid on

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to start your career in the wireless industry.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Pros

Great opportunity to learn about the wireless industry, and how to achieve great customer service. They have some of the best products and services, and the company is always evolving. Great benefits and discounts for employees.

Cons

There needs to be more opportunities to advance in the company for qualified employees. Upper management at times can be very disconnected. Too much micro managing.

There needs to be a better understanding of work and life balance for employees.

Educational

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I  in  Jackson, MS (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Jackson, MS (US)

Pros

At first, I didn't really grasp importance of the all concepts that I was being taught, but now I realize that this company taught me the foundations of customer service which I carry with me today. I learned how to actively listen to others, ask the right questions, and problem solve issues-all skills that I successfully apply to every job that I have had since. While working in customer didn't work out for me, I am truly appreciative of the foundation that I was given.

Cons

Lack room for advancement at the location where I worked.

Offer more chances for advancement.

Be ready for constant changes in focus

Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant  in  Lancaster, PA (US)
    Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Lancaster, PA (US)

Pros

The pay and benefits are pretty impressive for the amount of work that's required. Your commission is where you really make money. If you're good at sales you can expect about 2200-2600 a month plus around 13/hr.

Cons

There is always something new to sell/promote. Too many of these things pay you nothing and can result in annoying your customer.

Flexible

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive II  in  San Ramon, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive II in San Ramon, CA (US)

Pros

On your own time, very flexible

Cons

Internal competitions. Uphill battle with tenured employees

Even out playing field for new employees

Solid Company Moving Fast

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager

Pros

The work is challenging, with great perks, frequent new toys, and competitive pay. This is not the 'phone company' any longer. There are strong initiatives to change the internal culture, prepare the workforce for the future and advance the brand. They are committed to providing a great customer experience and leading the industry in innovation.

Cons

In my experience corporate leadership is solid but local leadership can sometimes be too focused on fire drills. Performance is often determined with a 'what have you done for me lately?' attitude because there is such a strong focus on delivering numbers every quarter, month, week, day and even by the hour. Retail hours can always be tough and here is the same. Working nearly every weekend with 11-13 hour days throughout the week. And if you're short staffed (which is most of the time), as an RSM you are responsible to deliver results and pick up the slack. I work in a strong performing and competitive region and this often causes challenges with promotion when you are no willing to relocate.

Great Company - Leader in Telecommunications

Pros

Outstanding 2020 plan. Investing heavily in its mobile infrastructure and roadmap of where technology is going. Employees are being provided development plans aligned to the 2020 plan. Excellent customer relationships in the federal marketplace. AT&T is also very interested in both customer as well as employee satisfaction. Overall, a great company to work for and that includes excellent job security for those that want to help the company succeed for the duration.

Cons

Need to focus on employee development plans and more options for career advancement. This is not uncommon in today's industry but if you are looking for an area for improvement--this would be a key area of interest to many employees.

ATT consumer sales consultant (call center)

Current Employee - Consumer Sales Consultant  in  Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Consumer Sales Consultant in Nashville, TN (US)

Pros

very good pay- salary
    very good compensation- bonus for hitting sales goals
    very good bonuses- cash for going beyond in sales

note att sales consultants in call center atmosphere get more salary than most call center positions- on top of that if you work hard its pretty easy to hit 80k a year- if your lazy and non competitive like to take your time-- do not waste your time you will be let go- only after having a taste of what you can make.

this is sales so if your new to it you may find yourself stressed out, i had never worked sales but am diligent and tweek my performance- work out great! I made my own luck by speeding up my results- changing the way I pitched different things and make a lot of money.

Cons

can be stressful-
    supervisors are cheerleaders that think they are doing something- gets on my nerves
    my suggestion keep the supervisors busy with running your sales and checking your orders- put them to work
    you are a worker ant at att- i mean to make big money you need to run a lot of calls which gets old -
    i counteracted this with taking a month and just kinda relaxing- not worrying about sales if your great at your job they wont bother you.

upper management- I actually feel sorry for them some of the upper management barely make what the top sales reps do lol like supervisors they are number crunchers and order chasers in sales- so keep running my numbers and chasing my orders thanks!

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!