AT&T

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson

Randall L. Stephenson

(2,108 ratings)

4,709 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school"
    in 229 reviews
  • "Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time"
    in 123 reviews
Cons:
  • "Management is out of touch with creating any semblance of work/life balance for the employees"
    in 170 reviews
  • "Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's"
    in 227 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Awesome place to work

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat envierment with staff and partners always ready to teach

Consthe acceptance process's takes a long time so plan out waiting a few months.

Good experience, but constant prodding to do better.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AT&T for more than 5 years

ProsVery good pay and benefits.

ConsStress! You can never to enough! Sales goals and more goals!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet real! Be a little more empathetic with your employees! Don't constantly threaten!

Multi faceted company to work for.

National Position (Former Employee)

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

ProsLarge corporation that has multiple opportunities. Good benefit packages.

ConsLimited positions in most areas, that are not sales driven.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeeping your focus first on customers, then your internal customers.

Good company to work

Team Lead (Former Employee)
Richardson, TX (US)

I worked at AT&T as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsGood technology work. technical managers and big team experience makes you happy.
Application is big and lots of interrelated and external system dependency makes you aware of telecom domain in depth.

Conswork pressure. Overlapped projects. and not well managed projects

Advice to Senior ManagementProject management is not so good ..

Fun, rewarding, challenging and ever changing technology

Indianapolis, IN (US)

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than a year

ProsGood management, rewarding. They take care of their employees. Advancement from within.

ConsLong hours in the retail

Advice to Senior Managementstay on top of what makes each individual the best they can be. It's kind of a difficult situation, but each person is an individual, and each person works to their potential in a different way. It's like being a coach, which I have done for 20 plus years, you find how to get the best out of each individual , for what's' best for him/her, which makes it best for the whole team

Ok overall.

Alice, TX (US)

I worked at AT&T part-time for less than a year

ProsGreat pay, commission structure, schedule

ConsManagement sometimes expects results or strategies that are unrealistic, I had my sales process that produced great results and they wanted me to do things their way.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut yourselves in RSC shoes and set realistic expectations.

Pretty good

Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at AT&T part-time for less than a year

ProsGood people, obviously stable company, and industry. There's good opportunity to make good money, if you're comfortable dealing with people, and working hard.

ConsIt's so large, and bureaucratic it's easy to get lost in the shuffle. Some short sighted ideas from middle management. ATT has the problems any large origination has with 10's of thousands of employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally be more careful about who you hire, or promote to be a liaison between corporate, and the normal employees.

Great company with great opportunities!

Business Manager IT (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAT&T offers so many areas in which you can work and learn new things with plenty of room for advanement. If you're hard working and dependable your options are limitless as it's the kind of company you can stay with once you get your foot in the door. The benefits are great and discounts for employees are wonderful, too. They offer a wealth of training both in and outside of the company.

ConsThe biggest challenge I see is sine it's such a large company the employees that are not up to par are simply passed around from team-to-team vs. being put on a program or let go. They tend to exchange one bad apple for another. I cannot say anything about management, etc. since there are so many divisions in the company and I've worked for some that were micro managers or completely hands off. It is impossible to give a blanket con on this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally evaluate employees for their worth. If they're not good at their current position allow them to go into a position which they can excel vs. just shipping them to another team within the same organization that doesn't suit them.

The best part about AT&T is working with caring and ntelligent people who challenge you to exceed your own expectations!

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Richardson, TX (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for less than a year

ProsThis is the first time where I did not think about working somewhere for just 3-5 years....the opportunities for personal development and career growth at AT&T are endless. I know that if I ever want a change of pace or another challenge, I can find new and exciting developmental opportunities within the organization. If you need proof, just ask someone who works there! It is not uncommon to meet someone who has worked at AT&T for 10+ years in many different roles and business units.

AT&T is more than a wireless company---we're a technology company and we're driving innovation in the marketplace today! Whether it's Digital Life, Connected Car, Emerging Business Markets, or Big Data---you can find your place in an exciting, challenging, and equally rewarding role.

AT&T also CARES and INVESTS in its employees beyond a competitive total rewards package. We have an extensive list of resources available to us including mentoring opportunities, employee resource groups, philanthropic opportunities, and more!

You also get GREAT discounts on products and services from AT&T as well as other companies.

ConsThere are opportunities to achieve a more cohesive AT&T culture among the many AT&T businesses. Sometimes when you move from building to building, the message gets distorted.

I also think there could be improvements to the vacation and time off policy. I think this is because I came from a company that provided four weeks of vacation.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe should invest in creating a more cohesive AT&T culture. If we are going from building to building at different locations, we should still see/hear/feel the same culture.

Great experience-I have been promoted several times in 9 years!

Human Resource Manager (Current Employee)
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 8 years

ProsSalary, benefits, stability, growth, promotions

ConsNone for me; work-life balance was an issue but that is my own fault.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is to enter into an entry level job and learn about the company before you apply for promotions

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T Videos

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for AT&T CEO Randall L. Stephenson. All 4,709 reviews are posted anonymously by AT&T employees.