AT&T

3.1 5,270 reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson

Randall L. Stephenson

(2,418 ratings)

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school(in 267 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time(in 139 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours(in 208 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's(in 253 reviews)

5,270 Employee Reviews

software programmer

Java Developer (Current Employee) Middletown, NJ (US)

ProsModerate work load and long term project and good facility

ConsBecoming less and less lucrative, first bus service was removed, then cafeteria got closed, then library was removed. Contract term was reduced from 3 years to 2.....:(

AT&T Experience

ProsLots of job types offered, good training, lots of competition and drive to sell (is a pro for me) good people that tend to stay a while.

ConsGet your salary on the way in, because promotions have increase caps, unless it has changed.

Assistant Store Manager, Corporate

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat compensation, competitive atmosphere, great health benefits and discounts

ConsLittle to none work life balance, retail hours including most holidays and weekends, commission structure is better as a rep than as a manager

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Experience

Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL (US)

Prosexcellent benefits, work-life-balance and training was excellent and thorough, the incentive/bonus structure was awesome. i was constantly rewarded for my sales and received recognition from my peers constantly.

Consthe long hours and mandatory overtime, it was a little difficult trying to move forward from the department i was in.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up good job

SALES REP

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA (US)

ProsEXCELLENT pay. I was shocked and thought they were joking when they told me how much I would make hourly. On top of that the commission was a fat bonus every month.

ConsWouldn't let me go part time and couldnt be flexible with my school schedule. So, unfortunately I am forced to look elsewhere because though its a fabulous company, I want my degree more.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more flexible with people going to school.

Overall good company to work for considering the benefits.

Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) Cedartown, GA (US)

ProsGood benefits great vacation package coworkers make the days go by quicker and grow to become family

ConsManagement doesn't care abt their employees only concerned with numbers

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to be more compassionate towards your employees. Treat your employees right & they will do a better job with your customers.

Great opportunities and pay for starting out

Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ (US)

ProsFor the job, there is nothing better in retail sales. Schedule can be difficult at first with semi-late nights and working weekends but it comes with the industry. Exceed your goals, work you way up into management and if you're lucky you can get out of retail and into corporate.

ConsCorporate bureaucracy. Priority given to lateral movers even if they didn't succeed in their previous position.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen up channels of communication with your front line sales people, they appreciate it.

Great Opportunities and Great Benefits

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Enfield, CT (US)

ProsFirst, I think that AT&T has a great training program that thoroughly prepares you for the job. Work is fun and fast paced if you like sales. In my experience, management was very supportive and helpful. The pay is also great and there is opportunity for earning a lot of money in commission. Benefits are also great. Employees also have very good opportunities for advancement.

ConsCompetition between coworkers can often get too aggressive and this creates a tense work environment.
    Schedule can be difficult especially when having a family. Employees are required to work weekends and nights all the time.

Exciting, innovative, and stress-free environment.

ProsAT&T is a great place to work. My colleagues are helpful, and the environment is amicable. The company is very diverse, inclusive, and forward thinking.

ConsThe company is very large and international, and you don't always get to meet clients and even colleagues face-to-face.

Very good company to work for

ProsGet a raise every 6 months, 17 days off after a year of work

ConsUnion dues come out of your check every week but I don't see them doing anything for the employees

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!