AT&T

3.1 5,301 reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson

Randall L. Stephenson

(2,433 ratings)

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school(in 267 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time(in 139 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours(in 208 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's(in 253 reviews)

5,301 Employee Reviews

Overall not a bad company to work for

ProsDecent wages if you are able to hit your sales numbers

ConsBe ready for change, they change EVERYTHING all the time. Including your pay structure

Good

ProsFriendly, opportunities, cool, hard, easy

Conswork load is good or may depend from individual

AT&T Was A Wonderful Company to Work For

Testing Technician (Former Employee) Tustin, CA (US)

ProsMany opportunities for training and advancement within. Great benefits. i.e. tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, 401k, pension.

ConsIf only there were no quotas....Most of my career with AT&T we did not have quotas. It was all about providing Excellent Customer Service. Now there are quotas that you have to meet. Because of the quotas, unfortunately the Customer Service has really gone downhill. Some of the customers that call in are getting transferred from here to Eternity, and back again. Some are getting hung up on. Managers don't seem to care as long as their employees are meeting their numbers. If you "Do Not Meet," then you will be put on some kind of a probationary Program. If you still don't meet after being put on the Program then they will threaten you with dismissal. Some of the calls from customers are complex and require a lot of time to resolve. All of the calls can not be handled in 2 minutes and 2 seconds.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the Quotas and Work on resolving Your Customer Service Issues. Keep the jobs here in the U.S., instead of sending them overseas. Take care of the Customer on the first call, so that they do not have to repeat call, and then, the customer will be satisfied, and they will not want to leave AT&T for another Service Provider.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience with at&t has been life changing

ProsDetailed training involved with exposure to many key elements of business.

ConsWork life balance is harder to maintain in retail.

There was opportunity for advancement if you worked hard

Associate Director (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsThe pay was very good. They offered classes to learn project management, systems and other things to help you improve in certain skills. I love the company, the brand, and the leadership. They make sure you receive the training you need to do a great job.

ConsThere wasn't much work life balance. They believe managers should always work 9 hours not including lunch. When working in the sales department sometimes you would not receive your sales goal until June. Then of course it was always higher than what you met which means now for the rest of the year they would take money out of your check to take back what they had paid you for "exceeding" the temporary goals that were set from Jan-Jun. Sales goals should be set and ready no later than the end of Jan.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more work life balance for employees.

Great experience. Learned a lot.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat salary and benefits. Able to work from home.

ConsDifficult to get promoted.

My experience was better than marginal.

Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Allen, TX (US)

ProsThe best things about working here are the customers, you get to learn about new devices, and my co-workers are very cool.

ConsSome of the challenges would be applying and placement to the right location as this pertains to management. Some locations have a better business culture that yields a more amicable work environment than other locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more flexible when it comes to employees and policy. By doing this, you may find that your employees are happier. Therefore, increasing productivity and less employee churn.

Do enough to stay under the radar.

Manager (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA (US)

ProsGreat company to work for. Pay is good compared to other companies that are providing the same service.

ConsThe unions fighter harder for those who need to go and not hard enough for the good techs.

Advice to Senior ManagementArea manager and District managers need to go through the Leadership Program and allow the First Level Managers to manage.

Overall stable company

Tech Support (Current Employee) Orange Park, FL (US)

ProsI like how the company invests in its employees. All the resources you need to be successful are available. Management is willing to help, just ask for help.

ConsSince this is a communications company, you have to be available to work any shift. I don't have a problem with that. Schedules are based on how long you've been with the company. The more ppl that are hired after you, the higher you are in the rankings.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more opportunities to move up.

It was great.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAwesome people to work with.

ConsStructure of the company needs some work.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees more often. Some have some really great ideas.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!