AT&T

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson

Randall L. Stephenson

(2,085 ratings)

4,667 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "great pay and benefits especially if you dont have a degree"
    in 214 reviews
  • "pretty good work/life balance & they pay for travel when you seek additional training"
    in 110 reviews
Cons:
  • "Management is out of touch with creating any semblance of work/life balance for the employees"
    in 148 reviews
  • "No room for growth; rarely hire from within the company for upper management"
    in 212 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Ok...

Network Specialist (Former Employee)
Brno (Czech Republic)

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than a year

ProsIf you're lucky to end up in a good team, you can have a good experience. There is a lot of interesting networking stuff going on there. Also, in time, there is the possibility of advancing the ladder.

ConsAgain, depending on the team, the job can be really boring and no satisfaction out of it.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on people. In the end, they are the ones holding the company.

This company is a motivating atmosphere to work in.

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAT&T offers a wonderful education program for individuals that are seeking to further their Business education.

ConsIf you are wanting to develop in other areas, in some occasions you may not advance due to any positions available.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am currently seeking a company that will allow me to use my education and experience to become an asset to the company and to grow within.

Great experience-I have been promoted several times in 9 years!

Human Resource Manager (Current Employee)
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 8 years

ProsSalary, benefits, stability, growth, promotions

ConsNone for me; work-life balance was an issue but that is my own fault.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is to enter into an entry level job and learn about the company before you apply for promotions

I have been here for nearly 10 years and it has been my BEST job!

Associate Director (Current Employee)
Bedminster, NJ (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time

ProsI would say the career opportunities and the flexibility around your work schedule. There is telecommuting and I have advanced through the company fairly quickly!!!

ConsThe policies and processes change quickly so you always have to be on your toes. But I like a challenge!

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement employees need offices and we need to travel more to be more effective in creating, managing and sustaining teams. The fact that I manage people I have never met is awkward in some ways.

Lead Staffing Manager

Lead Staffing Manager - Human Resources (Current Employee)
Birmingham, AL (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSo glad I work for a Fortune 100 company! AT&T is transitioning from a telecommunications company over to a technology company and it's great knowing I work for a company that desires to be on the leading edge. In addition to compensation, my benefits (medical, dental, vision, vacation, personal days, etc.) are terrific. The Company offers an abundance of training via AT&T University.

ConsThe biggest challenge I face is the volume of work to be done day in and day out. Although I believe that's the culture of business in today's world.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to strive to provide the BEST customer service residentially and corporately.

Ok overall.

Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee)
Alice, TX (US)

I worked at AT&T part-time for less than a year

ProsGreat pay, commission structure, schedule

ConsManagement sometimes expects results or strategies that are unrealistic, I had my sales process that produced great results and they wanted me to do things their way.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut yourselves in RSC shoes and set realistic expectations.

Endless opportunities

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 8 years

ProsYou can truly work in any part of the business if you want. There are tons of opportunities, including retail, call center, technician, business sales, marketing, finance, advertising, and on and on. Compensation and benefits are great, and the employee discounts are awesome!

ConsSince it is such a huge company, it can take a little longer than you might like to get approvals/big decisions made. However I know the company is working hard to improve this with the Agile method.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue working to improve the speed at which approvals and big decisions are made, so that the business can continue to move technology forward quickly and efficiently

Innovative, leading edge communication company

Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAT&T is a great place to work, the company is very strategic in their thinking and direction, ensuring we will be around a long time. I have worked for 19 years with great, caring people that are enjoyable to work with and are always looking to improve what we do.

ConsThe company is really large, so there is variety within and change can be slow. But surprisingly it's not as slow as you would expect based on our size.

Job opportunities galore!

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

ProsLots of opportunity, great benefits and competitive compensation packages

ConsHuge company with a focus on Dallas work locations

AT&T Inspires their employees and Drive innovation

Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

ProsLove the complexity and every changing envirnoment. AT&T is investing in their employees. AT&T University is an amazing resource for AT&T's employees. Sr. Leadership has a great vision for the future.

ConsChange is constant. To work at AT&T, you have to be prepared to embrace and drive change.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course...Workfoce 2020 is going to be excited

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T Videos

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for AT&T CEO Randall L. Stephenson. All 4,667 reviews are posted anonymously by AT&T employees.