ARMA Reviews

Updated 23 August, 2014
3.1

CEO

Work Place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

I have been working at ARMA as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Helping out soldiers within DoD

Cons

Arma hires folks that has the clearance for current positions. How can you hire someone that has never worked in the current job environment and put them in charge of a 3 man team. It takes to long to get any thing done in the environment. The manager does not believe in 8570 put personnel in position that they are not quilified for.

Hire managers and personnel that know what they are doing.

Great Company!!

Current Employee - Tampa Office  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Tampa Office in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at ARMA full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are great. ARMA treats their employees well. Relaxed environment with a lot of hard working people.

Cons

I have no Cons to report

Keep doing what you are doing.

Great company, fast growing corporation but without the typical office politics

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at ARMA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employee benefit costs are unmatched in Tampa Bay, company pays majority of cost. Above average compensation and excellent work/life balance. Very refreshing environment. No micro management.

Cons

None to report at this time.

Concentrate on employee retention. Listen to your employees and retain your top performers.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company, if you look at the constraints of doing business with the government

I worked at ARMA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, decent benefits, interesting work environments. I've seen many complain about pay, but that has a lot to do with what your position is billeted for and the government's compensation based on that position. I had the top pay for the area by far, but that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone will be compensated what they believe is fair.

Cons

Typical cons of working as a government contractor, which the company cannot mitigate. Their inflexibility to negotiate increased PTO. Annual performance review process can be improved and streamlined. Ultimately, the only reason I left was for a better opportunity elsewhere. Due to the constraints of working as a government contractor, my upward mobility was hindered if I wanted to stay in the same area.

Consider allowing employees and candidates to negotiate an extra week of leave. Your inflexibility in this area is indicative of a young company, but there should be some form of wiggle room when it comes to leave. Don't fall back on the "well it wouldn't be fair to everyone else" excuse.

Great working environment, Penny pinching company.

Current Employee - Network Administrator  in  Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Network Administrator in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I have been working at ARMA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great working environment, Highly responsive management, Good pay.

Cons

Every part of the hiring and employee management process has a clear penny pinching feel to it. Everything from the hotel to the bonus and evaluation system designed to kind of resemble the military.

Getting employees ready for these jobs takes a considerable amount of up front investment on your part. Make sure you get the most out of your effort by reducing salary pay and introducing a sign on and/or contract completion bonus. This will keep people who are serious about staying and save some money on employees who bail early. the money recouped from something like this could be used for things like better hotels or even go directly back into everyone's salary.

Not So Good

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Bragg, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Bragg, NC (US)

I worked at ARMA

Pros

You receive decent benefits, decent pay, and a casual environment. I think it’s good that they help out families who have lost loved ones in the military.

Cons

Still a new company and they don’t have everything worked out. Management is not very knowledgeable at times. No training is provided. You get the feeling like you are just another paycheck working and not a member of a team. Doesn’t really take care of their employees.

Take care of your members and they’ll work hard for you.

Terrible Management / Company has an Ethics Issue

Former Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Tampa, FL (US)

I worked at ARMA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is good. If you're chasing money and don't care about anything else like integrity or ethics, this is the company for you.

Cons

Management is the good 'ole boy network where the most unqualified people get hired to pretend they are managers. The end result is unsatisfied employees, unethical business practices and abusive management. The place is run just like the military--same moronic decisions all because I said so. Very frustrating to sit back and watch the idiocy, especially if you're a seasoned professional.

Good talented people bail because the of the unqualified managers. People are berated and treated like tools. Communication from management is nonexistent, but really that's a good thing because otherwise you'd have to listen to some idiot dribble on and on.

None. Really though, why bother to help a company that doesn't care about it's people. Get rid of the owners and fire all the current management staff--that's a start.

Ain't Really Making Alot

I worked at ARMA

Pros

Swag bag with a Nike Play-Dry polo shirt

Cons

Cronyism over credentials - the latest good old boys club to get work at SOCOM

Sooner or latter its going to come crashing down.

Excellent company I hope to grow with as they continue to build and expand globally ...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at ARMA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Growing company, vast opportunity, great benefits, fast paced, quick results, team oriented with exceptional culture which emphasizes giving back and honoring the military ...

Cons

None to report at this time.

Maintain careful growth planning, continue to invest in employees

Excellent Growing Company, Great Healthcare Options, not many around like this anymore!

Current Employee - Manager  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at ARMA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible company that listens to your concerns, not corporate and rigid

Cons

None to report at this time

Continue to listen and support employees

Worked for ARMA? Contribute to the Community!