ARINC

ARINC Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

ARINC Chairman and CEO John M. Belcher

John M. Belcher

Pros
  • Encourages Work/Life Balance with Alternate Work Schedule (if manager approves) (in 7 reviews)

• For the most part people are friendly (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management at this company - if you want to call them that, is a complete clown show (in 4 reviews)

• If you're in the wrong career area, career advancement can be stagnant and discouraging (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

"Good Job, but sometimes crazy politics"

Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) Annapolis, MD (US)

ProsThe majority of people I have worked with are extremely bright and very personable. The benefits are actually pretty good there compared to most places I've worked.

ConsThe management has shown favoritism in certain cases. The are a lot of office politics as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think management should involve some of the lower level employees in there decision making more often.

ARINC was a challenging company with room to grow professionally

Senior Staff Analyst (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK (US)

ProsGood pay and excellent benefits while it was airline owned

ConsCompany bought and sold so many times lately that the employees are the ones that suffered

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep in mind that it is the talent of your employees that make a company

Interesting projects, New technologies

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAdvanced technologies to work on, skilled staff and senior management, growth opportunities, all complex pressure handling skill developed related to Airport projects.

ConsThe only con is Internal politics prevailing within the firm

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great work environment, people are friendly.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Annapolis, MD (US)

ProsThe company was recently purchased by Rockwell Collins. The senior management has made some welcome changes to benefits and the bonus program.

ConsCommunication between departments could be better. The buildings are in need of remodeling. Overall not too much to complain about.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up.

During my time at ARINC, I gained invaluable knowledge and experience from some AMAZING people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) El Segundo, CA (US)

ProsEveryone is very knowledgable in their field and willing to help you succeed. ARINC encouraged advancement to other departments for new and continued growth opportunities. Work-life balance was wonderful! If I had any issues to tend to at home, my mangers understood and worked with me. The pay was pretty good for all employment levels too.

ConsThere really aren't any cons from my side. I have had a couple bad experiences with other companies that make me appreciate ARINC as a whole even more.

Good company

ProsGrowth, benefits, time off, every other Friday off

ConsPolitics, training, promotion, personal growth

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Enjoyable place to work....but....

Radio Operator (Former Employee) Livermore, CA (US)

ProsThe work is can be challenging and fun, especially when it is busy. Above average benefits, medical plan is good, plenty of time off.

ConsMany of the managers worked on the floor prior to becoming managers. Most of them were mediocre employees while on the floor, and are poor managers. This job requires membership in a union. Unfortunately a person's seniority carries more weight than their job performance. Management chooses to ignore issues when it is convenient. Preserving their jobs (mgmt.) , is more important than raising morale and holding people accountable for their work and behavior. 24/7 operation, never closes. Scheduling is based on seniority (again that 9-letter word)!!.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire managers from outside or other areas of the company. Cater to those employees who choose to act professionally and responsibly. Raise the standards!!!! Do not "rubber-stamp" the yearly evaluations. Replace employees who don't want to be here or simply cannot do the job, they are a "cancer"; they lower morale and frustrate those who choose to conduct themselves in a professional manner. Management needs to spend more time in the building. Some of the managers are out of the building by 4pm, Fridays, weekends and holiday. Management needs to be more visible and accountable.

Stressful

ProsLocation. Flexible work schedule. Most of the people are friendly

ConsThe Engineering group does what ever they feel like. They ignore BusOps processes and procedures.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the Engineering Group out of the Procurement business.

Once a great company before the sale to Carlyle Group

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBest company I ever worked for before the sale. Having every others Friday off was a great perk. Outstanding benefits.

ConsAfter the sale to Carlyle they squeezed out so much money, they squeezed the life out of the business. Raises we're small, benefits slashed, and moral low. Communication was also not their strong suit.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart to value your employees as capable professionals again, and not data on a spreadsheet.

Middle of the road defense contractor in San Diego.

Engineer (Former Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsVery nice and friendly people. Getting every other Friday off is a great perk. Decent salary and benefits. A specialist in defense communications and computer networks.

ConsWork was very dull and uninteresting. There was way too much documentation involved in the projects. Projects lacked some sense of direction. There is also a lack of job security and stability. Being bought by Carlye Group is a big mistake for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep engineers better informed on the status of projects and contracts.

Worked for ARINC? Contribute to the Community!