ARINC Reviews

Updated 16 August, 2014

3.1

ARINC Chairman and CEO John M. Belcher
John M. Belcher

Pros
  • Encourages Work/Life Balance with Alternate Work Schedule (if manager approves) (in 7 reviews)

• For the most part people are friendly (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management at this company - if you want to call them that, is a complete clown show (in 4 reviews)

• If you're in the wrong career area, career advancement can be stagnant and discouraging (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

"Good Job, but sometimes crazy politics"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist  in  Annapolis, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Annapolis, MD (US)

I worked at ARINC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The majority of people I have worked with are extremely bright and very personable. The benefits are actually pretty good there compared to most places I've worked.

Cons

The management has shown favoritism in certain cases. The are a lot of office politics as well.

I think management should involve some of the lower level employees in there decision making more often.

Couldn't wait to get out

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Annapolis, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD (US)

I worked at ARINC full-time

Pros

Good benefits (health insurance, 401k contribution, etc.). Easy to bond with coworkers since everybody hated their job as much as I did.

Cons

Only way to advance is brown-nosing. Limited raise potential. Punitive company culture with limited recognition for accomplishments.

Listen to suggestions made by your employees - even those that have only been there for a short period of time. If turnover is astronomical, it should be a clue that you need to change the way you treat your employees.

ARINC was a challenging company with room to grow professionally

Current Employee - Senior Staff Analyst  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at ARINC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay and excellent benefits while it was airline owned

Cons

Company bought and sold so many times lately that the employees are the ones that suffered

Keep in mind that it is the talent of your employees that make a company

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interesting projects, New technologies

I worked at ARINC as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Advanced technologies to work on, skilled staff and senior management, growth opportunities, all complex pressure handling skill developed related to Airport projects.

Cons

The only con is Internal politics prevailing within the firm

Great work environment, people are friendly.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Annapolis, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD (US)

I worked at ARINC full-time

Pros

The company was recently purchased by Rockwell Collins. The senior management has made some welcome changes to benefits and the bonus program.

Cons

Communication between departments could be better. The buildings are in need of remodeling. Overall not too much to complain about.

Keep it up.

During my time at ARINC, I gained invaluable knowledge and experience from some AMAZING people.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  El Segundo, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA (US)

I worked at ARINC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everyone is very knowledgable in their field and willing to help you succeed. ARINC encouraged advancement to other departments for new and continued growth opportunities. Work-life balance was wonderful! If I had any issues to tend to at home, my mangers understood and worked with me. The pay was pretty good for all employment levels too.

Cons

There really aren't any cons from my side. I have had a couple bad experiences with other companies that make me appreciate ARINC as a whole even more.

Enjoyable place to work....but....

Former Employee - Radio Operator  in  Livermore, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Radio Operator in Livermore, CA (US)

I worked at ARINC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The work is can be challenging and fun, especially when it is busy. Above average benefits, medical plan is good, plenty of time off.

Cons

Many of the managers worked on the floor prior to becoming managers. Most of them were mediocre employees while on the floor, and are poor managers. This job requires membership in a union. Unfortunately a person's seniority carries more weight than their job performance. Management chooses to ignore issues when it is convenient. Preserving their jobs (mgmt.) , is more important than raising morale and holding people accountable for their work and behavior. 24/7 operation, never closes. Scheduling is based on seniority (again that 9-letter word)!!.

Hire managers from outside or other areas of the company. Cater to those employees who choose to act professionally and responsibly. Raise the standards!!!! Do not "rubber-stamp" the yearly evaluations. Replace employees who don't want to be here or simply cannot do the job, they are a "cancer"; they lower morale and frustrate those who choose to conduct themselves in a professional manner. Management needs to spend more time in the building. Some of the managers are out of the building by 4pm, Fridays, weekends and holiday. Management needs to be more visible and accountable.

Good company

I have been working at ARINC full-time

Pros

Growth, benefits, time off, every other Friday off

Cons

Politics, training, promotion, personal growth

None

Stressful

I have been working at ARINC

Pros

Location. Flexible work schedule. Most of the people are friendly

Cons

The Engineering group does what ever they feel like. They ignore BusOps processes and procedures.

Get the Engineering Group out of the Procurement business.

Once a great company before the sale to Carlyle Group

I worked at ARINC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Best company I ever worked for before the sale. Having every others Friday off was a great perk. Outstanding benefits.

Cons

After the sale to Carlyle they squeezed out so much money, they squeezed the life out of the business. Raises we're small, benefits slashed, and moral low. Communication was also not their strong suit.

Start to value your employees as capable professionals again, and not data on a spreadsheet.

Worked for ARINC? Contribute to the Community!