ARAMARK

ARAMARK Reviews

Updated Apr 18, 2014

ARAMARK CEO Eric J. Foss

Eric J. Foss

Pros:
  • "Ability to learn various aspects of contract management; opportunity to work in different lines of business"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Good work-life balance if you are in the right account, good 401k program and benefits"
    in 11 reviews
Cons:
  • "Quality of life & work/life balance is horrible"
    in 11 reviews
  • "The upper management that wasn't at the direct location was never seen"
    in 21 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Amazing and employee friendly work environment, and also allowed for job rotation, thereby eliminating work burn-out

Junior Clerk/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
Kamloops, BC

I worked at ARAMARK as a contractor for more than a year

ProsFlexibility, Teamwork and room for career development. Also was opened to employees to bring ideas to the table and there was also open door policy.

ConsLow wage and due to the environment (school) it had it's slow days. Which as a result give employees less work hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing because your employees love it. The open door policy keeps the employees motivated knowing they can be heard when they have complains.

General Help at university food court

General Help (Former Employee)
Ottawa, ON

I worked at ARAMARK part-time for more than a year

ProsCo-worker, schedule flexibility, great way to make money on campus, location, supervisor

Consmanager, have to your work shoes and pants using own money and they were pretty picky about it

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be better if the manager and whole leader team have some sort of procedures to follow.

Ok for a summer job

Cashier (Former Employee)
Vancouver, BC

I worked at ARAMARK part-time

ProsThere are some tips and it's easy job overall.

ConsUnorganized as in its more on the job training then anything. They don't show you how to do certain things until the time comes.

cook

Cook (Former Employee)
Edmonton, AB

I worked at ARAMARK part-time for less than a year

Proseasy jobs everyone can do them

Consgot some complains from supervisons

Canadian Market is not respected and valued

Toronto, ON

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time for more than 5 years

ProsStable business, life work balance

ConsUS doesn't appreciate the canadian market and downgrade it into a regional office. Authority of making business decision has been pulled back to Corporate Office.

General Help

Cashier (Current Employee)
Ottawa, ON

I have been working at ARAMARK

ProsFlexible hours
tolerance for students when they have exams or projects

Consminimum wage, poor career opportunities

Happy with friendly colleagues but not the selfish and lazy supervisor.

Cashier (Former Employee)
Edmonton, AB

I worked at ARAMARK

ProsEsay job even though sometimes is tired.

Conslow pay rate and never get more even though you work for Aramerk around a couple years.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's so terrible that the pay rate doen't change at all after 3 years. Hope the owner can benefits the employees more.

Boring

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON

I worked at ARAMARK

ProsJob Security, medical care, people are nice, relax. It's a good job for people who want to retire or house wife who just want to earn a stable and secured income.

ConsPoor middle level management. Poor technology ( we were using some old printing and cutting machines from the 70s!) Lack of training.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore career opportunities. More 360 degree evaluations. Channels of communicating to upper level management. More employee training should be provided.

Very dissappointed and demoralized working for this company.

Food Service Manager (Former Employee)
Peterborough, ON

I worked at ARAMARK

ProsI enjoyed learning the various food programmes, and becoming familiar with the policies and procedures of the many franchises contracted with ararmark. Many food programmes were fun and innovative. I learned also that lying and cheating play a much larger role in some corporate structures than I had previously witnessed.

ConsMiddle management are actually worse off than the unionized employees, which can breed a resentment. They are also the most disposable when there are disputes or grievances. Union reps are very aware of this. There is an old boys club mentality in the management echelon.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not rely on your internal customer satisfaction surveys as idicators. They are administered by the same managers who are pressured to bias the information collection. Do not rely on weekly inventories that are tweaked to provide results, that, presumably senior managers are bonused on. As a private company you need to be more transparent on the compensation structure of management and company profits. You need to investigate areas of high management turnover.

Working in Accounting/Finance has become a challenge...

Accounting/Finance (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat work/life balance, challenging workload, approachable management, opportunity to cross departments and lines of business.

ConsUnorganized restructuring of accounting/finance departments has lead to an unachievable workload for those who have remained loyal and stayed with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow that you appreciate and respect your employees, and be honest in regards to restructuring.

Worked for ARAMARK? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ARAMARK reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for ARAMARK CEO Eric J. Foss. All 503 reviews are posted anonymously by ARAMARK employees.