ALDI

Updated 26 January, 2015
3.1

ALDI Presidents Chuck Youngstrom, Jason Hart & David Behm
Chuck Youngstrom, Jason Hart & David Behm

Pros
  • You are very well compensated for the work that you do, both in pay and benefits (in 52 reviews)

• Great pay and benefits always a need for people so its easy to pick up hrs (in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • Difficult to maintain a work life balance of any kind, but know some who managed (in 35 reviews)

• Most District Managers are right out of college with little or no experience (in 48 reviews)

More Highlights

Positive developing company that takes care of employees

I have been working at ALDI

Pros

Good pay, opportunity, and development. Great company

Cons

Retail hours which isn't too bad sicnr they close at 9

Very physical Job but good place to work.

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at ALDI full-time

Pros

The pay and benefits are excellent compared to similar jobs in that industry. Advancement is easy with some seriously hard work and attention to detail. No politics when it comes to advancement just good old fashion hard work and I'm glad because I have no idea how to schmooze and have no desire to. I've seen people promoted in their early 20's here for store management positions and i've also seen a turn around time of 2 years or less for store managers and that salary is not far off from what a Phd would make with 8-12yrs of schooling.

Cons

Now for the bad news, which i'm happy to say isn't that bad. You are working hard. Some jobs will have a janitor, a number of sales associates, stockers, assistant manager and supervisors on staff in one shift. You are all those things. Even though ALDI is known for allowing it's employees to sit down and ring customers up please do not believe for a second that this is going to be the norm. Aldi is in the midst of change and the challenge of having minimal bodies and a crap load of work is changing, among other things, so the future looks much brighter.

They are already working on those aspects of store operations that I find to be problematic. But thx for bringing more people aboard.

Great!

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Saginaw, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Saginaw, MI (US)

I have been working at ALDI full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, Great pay. The job itself weeds out coworkers who don't have a strong work ethic. Promotes self-reliance and self-motivation.

Cons

Physically demanding. Sometimes long shifts (9+ hours), that are intensified but the amount of physical labor you do on daily basis.

If you want to be full time you are essentially "on call" and need to have open availability. No taking classes or requesting certain nights off for your bowling league or whatever.

Burnout rate for cashiers is very high.

If you respond better to positive reinforcement, this is not the job for you. They only let you know when you are doing something wrong.

Explain the chain of command better at hiring. And let people know full time means just that. Full time.

Love this job!

Current Employee - Warehouse Selctor in Olathe, KS (US)
    Current Employee - Warehouse Selctor in Olathe, KS (US)

I have been working at ALDI

Pros

love the challenges to meet haul Time deadlines. Very physical job and it's not for everybody. Great benefits and pay is awesome.

Cons

During peak season expect long hours, and wish upper management would tell us more about changes that affect us, like 401k changes or how to reset the warehouse to benefit the workers, instead of the confusion we all face when a change happens with the pick path.

Best of the best

Current Employee - District Manager in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - District Manager in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at ALDI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

At Aldi you work with a team of people that are the best of the best, so no more picking up other peoples slack. The company takes excellent care of its people when it comes to pay, benefits, and treating you well. Aldi is a very solid company as well and will be around for a long time. Aldi has a very flat structure which means promotions increase pay by large amounts, information travels fast, and each person matters more to the team. The best part of Aldi is the people, once you are past the training stage you look around and realize that every person in the company is not only hard working and caring, but also in general just great people to spend your time with. At Aldi, challenging tasks are taken on by teams like a game because they all have fun doing it and a sense of group pride when it is over.

Cons

Aldi only has cons if you are not the right type of person to work there. Like I said, Aldi is the best of the best, so that means that you have work very hard to get up to par. Aldi gives you excellent training to get there, but prepare yourself to work harder than you ever have during your first year there. After your first year, you become much more efficient and are no longer working with the best, you are the best.

Continue supporting new staff, with very exiting expansions going on, new hires are going to continue being vital to the company. An extra focus on training (without hitting spmh) would help support new hires as they adjust to the Aldi pace and ultimately reduce turnover and increase operational skills of the staff.

I love my company!!

Current Employee - Cashier in Painesville, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Cashier in Painesville, OH (US)

I have been working at ALDI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Aldi is a great place to work because they offer amazing benefits and great pay.

Cons

Work is very physical but you will get use to it

Very great company to work for

I have been working at ALDI

Pros

It's a fast paced working environment

Cons

Some may be worried about the hours but you do whatever it takes to get the job done

Keep motivating

Good Salary, strict work environment

Former Employee - IT Level III in Biatorbágy (Hungary)
    Former Employee - IT Level III in Biatorbágy (Hungary)

I worked at ALDI

Pros

good salary, clean and correct work environment

Cons

far away from Budapest, but otherwise I would not count any

please change your policy about facial hair

Great pay, hard labor

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at ALDI

Pros

Great pay, got to wear jeans every day

Cons

Hard work, long hours, remind managers you need a break in 16 hour shift