AIG

AIG Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

AIG President & CEO Robert Benmosche

Robert Benmosche

Pros
  • Good working hours, good work life balance if you are working in a good department(in 37 reviews)

• has a work from home program that enables employees to work from the comfort of their own home(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • opinions/suggestions are not easy to get pass to senior management team(in 23 reviews)

• Work/Life balance not practiced, had a micro manager who added stress to your daily routine(in 10 reviews)

Fair and reasonable but unhappy as contract worker.

Claims Examiner (Current Employee)

ProsI would like the benefits and paid time off. Good philosophy for customer service. Flexible work schedules and work life balance is okay.

ConsIt is an American company and they appear pulling jobs into the US or sending them to India. Some departments are over using contract workers.

Very professional and attentive

ProsThe were really informed and took time looking at my candidature before the interview

ConsStressful because I did my interview with my competition

It was like speed dating I met 5 people for a half hour each, I wish it were longer

Working at AIG

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Montreal, QC

ProsCompetitive Salary and that's the one thing that I can think of.

ConsBonus rating / Systems / Internal communication / Training

Advice to Senior ManagementThe focus should be more on the people working in the company and not on how profitable they are or can be. Happy empoyees are productive and loyal employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not for me

Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsJob function is very defined.

ConsBig company, too many people. You are just a number.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds to take care of their employees

If you like bureaucracy, you'll LOVE AIG.

Project Manager (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX (US)

Pros1) Decent pay
    2) Minimal direct supervision
    3) Challenging projects

Cons1) A "CYA" management culture from the CEO to newest consultant discourages innovation and "going the extra mile" for your internal Clients.
    2) An over complicated, under documented Project Management process. Usually there is only one or two SME's in each Department (Company wide) that truly understands it and can teach it.
    3) No paid holidays, PTO or vacations from Contractors / Consultants. Yet the job routinely required 50 hours a week to stay current.
    4) No bonus structure for Contractors / Consultants. Since 75% of the people working on Projects are Contractors / Consultants, they are expected to work hard so Sr. Mgmt. & the rare FTE Project Team member can benefit from the bonus pool.

Good job, if you can survive the layoffs and the high work load

Premium Auditor (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGood compensation, good supervisors and managers - not too much micromanagement, possible bonuses, good amount of time off

ConsHigh workload, large territories to cover, no raises, constant change to procedures, layoffs

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep consistent procedures, bring back annual raises, more employee appreciation

Great Place to Work

ProsGreat working environment, knowledgeable personnel in their specific areas. Most are focused and productive.

ConsVarious departments and units are often segmented and don't always seem to work well together on projects. Too much of an us vs them mentality

Good company

Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsThe job paid well and I liked my bosses.

ConsCompany has changed a lot.

Unappreciated and Overworked, but you leave with lots or experience.

Accountant (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsSmart People and Lots of things to learn, good benefits

ConsOver worked, unappreciated, low to no bonus, no room for growth

Advice to Senior ManagementBe nicer to non-management

If you want great benefits apply

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Amarillo, TX (US)

ProsThe benefits are great medical, dental, glasses and the cost was very affordable - it was just me on coverage but family rates were very fair also. My department manager was awesome, she knew her stuff and when she didn't she would let us know and would find a solution for us!

ConsThey were really a stickler for clocking in and out. You couldn't clock in before 8:00 and you had to clock out at 5:00 . Your minutes were very closely monitored.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your worthy department managers credit!!

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!