AEG (Los Angeles, CA HQ)

14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at AEG (Los Angeles, CA HQ) full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat place to work and grow

ConsWork/life balance can be a challenge

Big company, no advancement

Merchandiser (Former Employee)

I worked at AEG (Los Angeles, CA HQ) part-time for more than 3 years

ProsLarge company allows for a wide variety of opportunities

ConsStagnant in terms of advancement, unsafe warehouse conditions

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within, offer better incentives to keep turnover low and dedicate a safer warehouse environment

The Air up There with AEG

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at AEG (Los Angeles, CA HQ) part-time for less than a year

ProsReally value employees through giveaways, sales contests, rewards, and opportunities to receive the benefits of living in Los Angeles.
Allows room to grow, ability to have a voice, and ability to network.

ConsNot as much direction, follow-through, and reason given to choices and decisions made.
Lack of awareness of little things that put employees in best position to succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue building employees' confidence, allow for ability to micromanage, while also providing enough leeway to succeed.

Great experience with inexperienced management.

Sales Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at AEG (Los Angeles, CA HQ) part-time for less than a year

ProsGreat location to work at LA Live and Staples center.

ConsHours are long, especially during NBA and NHL season. Off seasons are slow and boring.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some people in store management who have prior experience in retail

This place is only a stepping stone

Service Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at AEG (Los Angeles, CA HQ) full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere is no salary plan so if you have an uniformed boss, huge salaries can follow.

ConsThe only thing management cares about is the bottom line. Priorities shift on a daily basis and too much time is spent on unproductive ideas only to be scraped when the next wonder woman walks in the door. There is parity in this company and the management hasn't figured out that this is not a mom and pop shop any more.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe poor culture comes from the top and until you change the culture will not change

Involved with some of the best sports & entertainment in the industry.

I have been working at AEG (Los Angeles, CA HQ) full-time

ProsThe management team there is great but has been there for awhile. Since the company has been growing, there have been more and more opportunities. Being involved in the sports and entertainment capital on some of the best events really makes the job.

ConsThe workload varies as there are different peaks and valleys of the time of year and the magnitude and number events that are being worked on. Starting out you have to put in your time - it's tough to find that work/life balance so you should like being involved in the events and working odd event hours.

AEG ( Lots Of Fun....But Lots Of Work)

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at AEG (Los Angeles, CA HQ) full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat Company And Culture. Interesting Venue. Corporate Culture is unique. Small Industry so not for someone who has baggage to bring to work.

ConsLots and Lots Of Work. Sometimes at very odd hours. Very young workforce. If you are middle aged, you might have trouble keeping up. This company moves fast. If you are asleep at the switch for even a minute, you are done.

Really interesting company -- worst of small start-up and large corporate environments

Accounting Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at AEG (Los Angeles, CA HQ) full-time for less than a year

ProsAEG is a really interesting company, with lots of cool projects and strategies. Most of the people are really nice, smart, and helpful.

ConsSenior management is very detached and unavailable. There is very little communication about expectations until they are not met. There is no flexibility in when or how things get done, but again no advance communication about it. There were several times when 6 o'clock rolled around, and then I was asked to stay late. Wouldn't have been a problem if it was communicated earlier! Lots of micro-managing, no career development, and little encouragement or gratitude. This is a very large private company that stills acts like a smaller firm. Instead of getting the best of both worlds, this place has the worst of each! I was the 3rd person to leave this particular group in six months. At least 1 more left within 2 months of me, and it's only a group of 5!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more involved and meet your teams! There are some very toxic environments being maintained because no one is aware (or maybe no one cares?).

The Biggest Little Company I have ever worked for.

Engineer (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at AEG (Los Angeles, CA HQ) full-time for more than 10 years

ProsDiversity of events, salary, challenge in what you do. Events span from award shows to NBA games to NHL Games

ConsToo much territorial control over responsibility areas. Need to work more closely as a team to leverage skill sets across the enterprise.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the Ready, Fire, Aim approach. Listen to the doers and do not let the others sway your logic.

Frustrating isn't the word for it

I have been working at AEG (Los Angeles, CA HQ) full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAEG is exciting - they have their hands in everything! I love their ambition and ability to take on new projects (i.e. Farmers Field - NFL stadium in LA) within new markets at whim. They take risks and have the financial backing of billionaire, Philip Anschutz, to make their dreams turn into reality. The business prospects and future of AEG are bright due to their business model, financial backing and lack of any real competitors. I was thrilled to nail the job at AEG and had the best intentions upon accepting my offer letter. I made it to the big leagues... or so I thought.

ConsManagement provides little to no training to their employees (I was trained by a third party consultant), fails to foster growth & does not recognize the work that is being done by each individual. Nor will they back you in discussions with top management. They continually throw hard working people who do the majority of the work under the bus at whim. They burn employees to the ground with unrealistic amounts of work all with deadlines that can't be met unless one succumbs and burns the midnight oil - thus many will ultimately get forced out. I can't tell you the amount of people that I've seen who have been "let go" due to their at will employment clause which they mention 2x in every single job posting/description. Take note, it happens to the best of them. Lastly, if you ask for help or more assistance in managing your workload, you will be belittled and told the deadlines are what they are.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe stiff, corporate, cutthroat, "do or die" environment is not conducive to productivity and creates a very hostile work environment. Management needs to offer training & support their employees. Turnover will remain staggeringly high until you change this mentality. Management also needs to create a team environment where everyone feels they are working together towards a deadline/goal. If that means a manager or director needs to get involved in the work and help out, so be it. Quit with the "he/she didn't get it done in time" - start using "we" and watch how the environment becomes more productive, intuitive & enjoyable to be in.

Worked for AEG (Los Angeles, CA HQ)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AEG (Los Angeles, CA HQ) reviews and ratings in Los Angeles, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AEG (Los Angeles, CA HQ) CEO Dan Beckerman. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by AEG (Los Angeles, CA HQ) employees.