AECOM

AECOM Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

AECOM President & CEO Michael S. Burke

Michael S. Burke

Pros:
  • "Great opportunities to work in different offices internationally"
    in 23 reviews
  • "Involved in the leading transportation engineering projects around the world"
    in 15 reviews
Cons:
  • "horrible company to with a lot of senior management that do not care about thier employees"
    in 41 reviews
  • "Upper management making decisions without regards to the employees that are affected by them"
    in 34 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Global Company but not so consistent culture around the globe.

Accountant (Current Employee)
Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at AECOM full-time

ProsGlobal Company providing worldwide opportunities, Ambitious, Mergers and Acquisitions provide opportunities to move in various different geographies, Fortune 500 Company

ConsSo many initiatives make is difficult to focus on Business, Management is too much focused on financial KPIs and doesnt care about qualitative measures i.e. employee satisfaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Execs to visit small offices and try to guage employee motivation. Employees drive a Company's success and growth, specially in our business of consultancy services.

Too much focus on NYSE shareholder value; too little emphasis on retaining core engineering business in Canada

Project Manager (Former Employee)
Calgary, AB

I worked at AECOM full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCompany brand, benefit packages, employee social activities. Great learning atmosphere for new graduates.

ConsSevere brain drain of senior engineering talent - many have decided to pursue opportunities at other firms. Company structure is too bureaucratic and PM's need to dedicate a lot of time entering data on in-house APIC accounting systems.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuality is very much lacking in design and project work - this is affecting the company's ability to win big projects. Need to lure experienced and capable designers back to the company.

The management doesn't know how to treat employees,

Technical Specialist (Current Employee)
Whitby, ON

I have been working at AECOM full-time for more than 10 years

Prosthis company sucked the life out of me. After +20 years I have quit and am starting with the competition in a few weeks.

ConsLarge company with no respect shown to the people who actually do the work and someone else takes the credit. Sucked the life out of me.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat staff with respect and give them the credit they deserve.

good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AECOM

Prosit has a lot of btranches all over the world oh my god it hires engineers who are very professional in their jab but pay is not very good. yes that is fine

Consoh my god it hires engineers who are very professional in their jab but pay is not very good. yes that is fine

Aecom - best company from the world

Montreal, QC

I have been working at AECOM full-time for more than 8 years

Prosthe best company from the world

Consprofessional work team , quality insurance; performance evaluation in the end of year gives feedback on what employees are doing right and what needs to be improved.

Advice to Senior Managementperfect management

It was alright...

Engineer I (Former Employee)
Markham, ON

I worked at AECOM full-time for more than a year

ProsGood benefits, including health benefits, rrsp matching, and employee stock purchase plans

ConsRigid structure, unbalanced work loads, strong disconnect between employer and managements. Too top heavy. Job insecurity. Constant in and out due to layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementRather than trying to "remake" the business structure through "business optimization" and rather gimmicky techniques, you should focus on the basics. Frankly I don't know how a top heavy company can fix itself except to restart itself.

Forget about this company

Edmonton, AB

I have been working at AECOM full-time for more than 5 years

Proswork-life balance is good, office is spacious (because turnover rate is high)

Consyour future is now, you will be stuck forever, absolutely no prospect

Advice to Senior Managementyou are a bunch of losers

BIG Company with a lot of Management problem

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)
Saskatoon, SK

I have been working at AECOM full-time for more than a year

ProsChance to assess to large project work

ConsNo job security and know nothing on what happen regarding the interaction of our senior staff with the client on the same project.....

Advice to Senior ManagementDesignate power to the key staff in the office . Provide more assistance and support in career training .

Unrealized potential.

Water Resource Engineer (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON

I worked at AECOM full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLarge company with offices in several countries.

ConsLarge company not using its full expertise/potential of its +40k employees

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a culture that all the employees can buy into; as opposed to a mix of cultures from legacy companies.

Create a system where the expertise of the employees worldwide can be applied/accessible to local offices.

Expected more

Mechanical Designer (Current Employee)
Markham, ON

I have been working at AECOM full-time for more than a year

ProsLarge company, seems to be a lot of room to develop and move ahead. Very large projects that you can learn a lot from.

ConsThis is not a homogeneous company but a collection of different companies that were gathered under the same banner. Those differences affect a lot of the operations and make it hard to move between roles or offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement seems to be very distant from the workers

Worked for AECOM? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AECOM reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for AECOM CEO Michael S. Burke. All 676 reviews are posted anonymously by AECOM employees.