ADTRAN

ADTRAN Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

ADTRAN Chairman, CEO, and Director Thomas R. Stanton

Thomas R. Stanton

Pros
  • Work environment fosters teamwork(in 6 reviews)

• Traditionally, they were a stable place and rather laid back(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • HUntsville locations does not offer a lot of access to Customer sites and only one telecom company essentially for at least 100 miles(in 4 reviews)

• Can't think of any real cons, the entire experience was great and they really care about their co-ops(in 3 reviews)

Great people, environment, and technology. Challenges ahead.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL (US)

ProsADTRAN has many very smart and nice people. The work is challenging and technically current. The campus is beautiful. The company is getting better at providing good career paths. Within engineering, there isn't too much politics. The company is relatively small and local, which is better than being a remote division of a huge corporation.

ConsADTRAN business environment is one of disruptive technology changes and stiff competition. The company's size will present many challenges.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompete harder for technical talent. Deal with long-time employees that have gotten too comfortable and aren't contributing enough.

Do Not Co-op

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAny average company would have

ConsBunch of red necks. Hire Co-ops to prevent less hiring full time(thereby pay nothing as compared to full-time). They will just keep you hanging in air. Co-op with some other company where they hire Co-ops for full time after graduation

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't keep candidates hanging for no reason. Be direct.

Great Company To Work For!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAs a co-op they give you alot of real world work and you aren't just running around getting engineers coffee.

ConsFor the first term you are usually put into a testing group. However, this is a necessary evil because you need to learn how the products work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I've been at ADTRAN for a long time; it's like my second family.

Marketing (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL (US)

ProsIt's a beautiful place to work, we have good benefits, a relaxed atmosphere and I know most of the people here.

ConsThe company is growing and changing.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the number of employees with the growth of the company.

Serendipitous Tech Titan of the South

ProsRespected name in the industry. Friendly. Scrappy/fighting culture focused on technology and winning market share

ConsLacks organization. Do more with less mentality. Very flat organization, so very few opportunities to progress upward. (lots of opportunity to go horizontally). Pay is less than industry avg (result of being HQ'd in the South vs. Silicon Valley). Work/life balance has taken a toll over the years.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake into account employee professional development.

Adtran is very good ol boy network and ultrconservative

Tyouuoo (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL (US)

ProsGood benefit package, loose work schedule is a plus I guess

ConsClicks are in every department, knowledge is not shared. Ultraconservatives. Process goes to this company to DIE.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Great place to work

Engineer (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL (US)

ProsGreat work environment. Good bright people to work with. One will learn a lot working here.

ConsManagement isn't the best. Supportive, but sometimes not very organized.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees as the biggest of the company

Had a very positive work experience at ADTRAN.

Co-Op Engineer (Former Employee) Huntsville, AL (US)

ProsThe pay was competitive with other co-ops and they really found meaningful work for each co-op to do. I worked with three different departments during my stay at ADTRAN and felt like I was truly helping contribute to the team and doing meaningful work.

ConsCan't think of any real cons, the entire experience was great and they really care about their co-ops. I didn't have one bad experience here.

Company does not foster a culture that is anywhere close to excellence.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou live in Huntsville and it is the only large Telco vendor

ConsIf you are working in remote office, you might as well look for a new job

Advice to Senior ManagementAdopt modern management techniques and there is a world outside of Huntsville

Challenging, frustrating, but overall a good experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of leeway in regards to day to day. Ideas are heard. Minimal training for certain jobs.

ConsCafeteria serves the same ole thing over and over every day - no ethnic foods to speak of.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees by investing in better training. Remove the 'intro to troubleshooting' training requirement for engineers - it's a waste of time.

Worked for ADTRAN? Contribute to the Community!