ADP

3.4 1,496 reviews

ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez

Carlos A. Rodriguez

1,496 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work life balance is achievable and is part of the culture even at the higher levels"
    in 106 reviews
  • "You're able to work from home remotely in case of something like bad weather or illness"
    in 34 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work/life balance is compromised due to unrealistic workloads"
    in 27 reviews
  • "Upper management wants massive productivity in areas they no longer understand"
    in 33 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Satisfactory

Major Accounts District Manager (Current Employee)
Calgary, AB

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat work-life balance, supportive team environment.

ConsCareer advancement is difficult and compensation is sub industry standard.

Very busy

Security Analyst (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON

I worked at ADP full-time for more than a year

ProsIt's middle of the road, culture is like every other major corporation.

ConsNot a lot of personal development.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider more personal development reviews rather than performance reviews

Management needs a shakeup

Toronto, ON

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPay and benefits are very good. Relaxed atmosphere.

ConsPoor management leads to poor quality products. No vision, no leadership, no accountability, bad decisions, over-reliance on ancient technology, no training, etc. For a company that preaches innovation & simplicity they stubbornly cling to 40+ year old backend systems that no longer fit the needs of the clients. Old systems lead to major constraints in the supporting software.

Also, the focus at ADP is only on delivering as fast as possible with as few resources as possible. This causes the quality and user experience to suffer but Management scratches their heads and wonders why sales are slow and clients are leaving in droves, pinning all the blame on the employees as if they were responsible.

The atmosphere at ADP is pretty negative as evidenced by the low survey scores year after year. Employees are over-worked, too busy and stressed because of a lack of proper resourcing. Management promises to do something about it but never delivers because there is zero accountability at ADP.

I predict over the next 5 years or less ADP declines significantly as newer competitors enter the market with better quality products & more efficient service.

Advice to Senior ManagementAcquire one or more smaller companies that have more modern software & slowly transition away from the old technology.

In the business of your success !

Consultant (Current Employee)
Montreal, QC

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 10 years

ProsTeam environment, Steady progress compared to competition in same industry.

ConsCompensation and bonus plan should reflect employee actual worth versus Glassdoor stats.

Advice to Senior ManagementA ship's crew is only as good as its Captain.

Experience review

QA Lead (Current Employee)

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexible hours and good benefits

ConsMore work pressure for IT guys

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to do more execercise before finalizing the project plan

Account Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at ADP full-time

ProsGreat place to work, lots of team collaberation, management works together, great training

ConsIdeas and working environment a bit dated, some items are out of personal control that can get stressful and frustrating

A fair place to work

I have been working at ADP

ProsGood challenging work in a nice environment

ConsCan get lost in the shuffle

Good Company, good people

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than a year

ProsPeople, Product & Processes are good.
Solid business model.
Benefits

ConsImplementing change can be difficult & slow

Advice to Senior ManagementLet people know you value them, had I known how I was valued I wouldn't have quit.

Great place to learn and grow

I have been working at ADP

ProsSolid Training, Realistic expectations, Genuine drive toward work life balance, Industry leader, Companies are calling you with leads all the time.

ConsWorking in a niche market like Payroll services limits your ability to grow beyond a certain point, relative to other competitors the salaries and comp is a little weak, office space is poor

Manager

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at ADP full-time for more than 10 years

ProsOverall a good organization. They take good care of their employees and offer decent benefits. Great organization for learning and building your career. Great people to work with. Offers flexible hours and work from home options.

ConsToo many reorganizations, too frequently creates instability and fear in the employees at all levels. Lacks consistency in the leadership - business strategy. Silos and egos between management teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat business to be in and ADP has come a long way in being a successful organization. Between 2006 - 2008, major global reorganization initiative took place - affected a lot of lives. The lay-offs were handled in a very incompetent / cold manner by ALL management (except HR) within my department. I lost my long earned years of respect of ADP within seconds and felt perhaps I gave my best all those years to the wrong organization. Please do it better next time around. Thank you.

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!

ADP Videos

ADP – Why Work for Us?

Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADP), with about $11 billion in revenues and about 620,000 clients, is one of the world's largest providers of business outsourcing solutions. Leveraging over 60 years of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ADP reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez . All 1,496 reviews are posted anonymously by ADP employees.