ABC Imaging Reviews

Updated 24 April, 2015
74 reviews filtered by
2.1
Medi Falsafi

Pros
  • Good people who strive under dire conditions (in 3 reviews)

• I love my dept and most of the people work with (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales obsessed upper-management (VPs) implement wishy-washy sales goals (in 10 reviews)

• Everyone works long hours and recieves no recognition or acknowledgement (in 5 reviews)

1. Overll

Current Employee - IT Professional
    Current Employee - IT Professional

I have been working at ABC Imaging

Pros

Amazing working envinronment, great teams

Cons

low benefits, hard to commute

Advice to Management

increase benefits which help employees sustain their health

2. Good

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at ABC Imaging as a contractor

Pros

good work-life balance, great co workers and good location

Cons

no growth, low pay and repetitive work

3. Digital Graphics Specialist

Current Employee - Digital Graphics Specialist in Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Digital Graphics Specialist in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at ABC Imaging

Pros

Extremely friendly group of people. Those who are not very friendly are few-and-far-between, but those who are genuinely nice and respectful are a mass majority. Definitely a great environment.

Cons

The parking in the area is a minimum of $10 for an early bird special (In before 7 or 9 usually), and the parking pass for the company costs $189/mo. So needless to say, you can expect to pay a pretty penny if you plan on driving here. And the traffic is horrendous.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, and ensure that the working environment stays an enjoyable one. The workload here is too heavy to be also accompanied by a stressful work place. Keep your employee's in a positive atmosphere, and they will keep pushing strong for you. A little praise from time-to-time can go a long way.

5. CAD Operator

I have been working at ABC Imaging full-time

Pros

Great team work with certain co-workers. They will work side by side until project is complete.

Cons

No room to grow or moved up in the company.

Advice to Management

Reward your employees and show appreciation from time to time.

6. ... I feel kinda used... and disrespected...

Former Employee - FM Associate
    Former Employee - FM Associate

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the people there lower on the totem seem kindhearted and honest. Only those folks don't seem to stick around and are handily cattle prodded by management.

Cons

Management doen't care about you at all. Get that out of your head now. They don't like you, you are a number, overreactions and rude reception are imminent, they will not communicate with you or work with you, only terminate you.

Advice to Management

Respect your FM and store location personell, they're hardwroking good people. They are the back bone of your company, not your whipping boys. You think they're crappy employees? Wait until all your hiring pools dry up and all that's left ARE the bad employees to pick from. They fired me and offered no explanation, no warnings, no management, nothing. They screen my calls when I call asking for answers. I'm not trying to complain, or yell, or harrass, I just wanted a reason why. That's. IT. Even my co-workers are confused as to why I was let go, they liked my work and initiative. They've effectively ruined me and won't even offer me the courtesy of telling me why.

7. BEWARE! Very Weak Management

Former Employee - Major Account Manager
    Former Employee - Major Account Manager

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you like being micromanaged and being told be aggressive to win new business, but do it my way.

Cons

Constantly changing direction and focus. Outdated software and 2nd rate equipment.
    Need approval for DC office to order a pencil.

Advice to Management

Take some time, invest some $$ and figure out what you really aspire to be. What worked yesterday will not work tomorrow. Understand current trends and develop new tools on marketing in the digital world. Respect is earned and mutual

8. Great place to start

Former Employee - Tech Support in Washington, DC (US)
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Washington, DC (US)

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Started my IT career here. It was a great learning environment and I am happy the gave me a chance right out of school.

Cons

Having to hear the owner yell all the time, no room for advancement, no work life balance

Words cannot descibe

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hang on i'm trying to think....

Cons

After your first week here you'll immediately start looking for another job.

-First off, when they offer you your starting salary it will be so incredibly low that you won't believe what you just heard. You may or may not ask for a higher salary (I suggest you dont, it'll get you no where) and they will promise you a 90 day review and with that a possible salary increase. Nope. It's never going to happen. They say that to reel you in and then you're stuck here. Trust me, this is the issue for so many employees here. So be ready to receive paychecks that you could honestly be getting working at the District Taco across the street.

-The CEO and higher management are a true issue. The CEO works extremely close with specific departments and gives them hell. Expects people to drop whatever they are working on to get something done in an impossible amount time. Which makes for unbelievably long hours and unmotivated workers. He threatens departments by saying that he will fire an entire team and/or person if something is not done by a specific date. He also goes on complete firing sprees where 3 or 4 people from a department will be gone while not thinking twice about it and all of the upper management just goes along with it. You can hear him screaming and using foul language from the opposite end of the hallway. I feel sorry for you if you work in the same office as he does (be sure to bring headphones). He and the rest of his team are extremely manipulative and it's a serious dog eat dog company. As long as you're good with the CEO, you're fine. But then again, you can't be so sure because they all talk so badly about one another and every department. No one likes anyone here.

-Expect to come to work ALL THE TIME. ABC Imaging only allows you 6 paid holidays off. You only get 2 weeks of Paid Time Off a year and that includes if you're sick, on vacation, or if there is a snow day. So plan on coming into work if you've got the stomach flu or if there is 9 inches of snow on the ground if you want to take that amazing trip to Aruba in the spring! They DO NOT CARE.

-There is no work/life balance. If you work here they expect to eat/sleep/and breathe this place and it's not worth it. All of the employees are miserable and I assure you are looking for other positions. People come and go so quickly here.

Advice to Management

If the management cannot see what is wrong with this company, then I have no advice to give to you. It is so blatantly clear how unprofessional this company is.

10. Terrible company

I worked at ABC Imaging

Pros

You get paid an amount of money that you still need another job to augment.

Cons

Terrible company culture, lack of incentive to perform. Management cheats both workers and clients.

11. Low Pay, worked hard get treated like dirt

Former Employee - Production in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Production in London, England (UK)

I worked at ABC Imaging

Pros

As A digital Printer learning all the equipment and software came in handy

Cons

Low pay, people doing same job as you on higher wages even tho you worked here longer on.
    Uk office family run loads of father and sons working there. Favoritism

Advice to Management

Wake up your company is pony