- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at The Blackstone Group full-time (more than 3 years)Pros
- At any level (even Analyst), one gets a very good amount of responsibility - typical benefits of a small-sized firm
- Unbeatable reputation and recognition across the globe
- Very steep learning in an environment which fosters a lot of interaction between employees at different levels; Analysts can just walk into the cabins of Partners and discuss their thoughts
- The only place where I have seen employees not doubting the smartness of each other
- Low/No office politics which is a very refreshing experience in itselfCons
- Long work hours at times but I haven't been too bothered by it. Compare the salary/hour with any other type of job and you will see why the long hours are justified to an extent.
- Slow career progression - one has to typically spend 3-5 years at every level before moving up. Faster promotions are far too rare at BX.
- Very low attrition rate: You might get stuck at a level for longer than expected due to lack of 'pull in the pyramid' eventually.Advice to ManagementAdvice
- Keep it up! BX is doing fantastically well and remains the Gold Standard in the Private Equity industry.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at The Blackstone Group.Interview Details
Applied at career fair at school. Process took about 4 weeks. Consisted of a first round in person interview with 4 programming questions. Next was a superday with 4 hours of 6-8 interviewers, all fit questions for the entire day.Interview Questions
Declined OfferDifficult Interview
- 4 question free response, covering several different programming languages. "Write an XML parser in Java." Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Throw a rock and you're bound to hit a Blackstone investment. The Blackstone Group is one of the largest private equity firms and alternative asset managers in the world, with more than $128 billion in assets under management and such notable holdings as Hilton Worldwide, Equity Office Properties Trust, SeaWorld, and The Weather Channel. The company manages investment vehicles including private equity funds, funds of hedge funds, and real estate funds. It also provides mergers and acquisitions, restructuring, and other financial advisory services to corporate clients...