Red Hat Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Red Hat full-time (More than a year)RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
* Gain experience in the fast moving world of open source development.
* Free Red Hat training and certification courses.
* Great people, everyone is really passionate about what they do and the people they work with.
* Remote work, Red Hat has perfected the remote work experience.
* Huge breadth of projects, from java desktop applications to cloud computing and kernel hacking projects.
* Not really a con, but there's not too many perks, although they're not really necessary as the projects and work environment is very satisfying in its own right.
Advice to Management
None, management is very unobtrusive.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Red Hat in November 2014.
Only a single interview with two of the software engineers. Asked technical questions based on how compilers work as well as behavioural questions to guage my interest in the company. They were very nice and they helped me out when I was struggling. Also very encouraging in terms of urging you to think harder and come up with the correct answer.
- If you were to design a compiler what would be the first feature you would build for it. Answer Question
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing technologies that solve business problems. We’re a billion dollar S&P 500 company offering solutions from Linux to middleware, storage to cloud, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation...
Mission: To be the catalyst in communities of customers, contributors, and partners creating better technology the open source way.