Isilon, A Division of EMC
Isilon, a division of EMC, is the global leader in scale-out storage. Our nearly 4000 customers attest to that. Our mission is to remove the barriers that exist between businesses and their data. And our goal is to help customers get to the information they need, manipulate it and act on it.
We started out by asking different questions about enterprise data storage. And our answers have fundamentally changed the storage industry.
Our scale-out storage platform is a powerful, yet simple way to manage data and applications, enabling enterprises to expect much more from their storage. Limitless capacity in a single file system? Yes. Unparalleled performance? Yes. Application consolidation?Yes. At Isilon, we're challenging enterprises to think differently about their storage, because when they do, they'll recognize there’s a better, simpler way.
Why better? Why simpler?
Because for many enterprises, storage has been a frustratingly complex and costly challenge that gets worse as datacenters grow and business needs change. At Isilon, we’ve taken a different path. We engineered the complexity out of the system to offer customers a storage platform that’s simple to install, manage and scale. And it stays that way no matter how much storage is added, how much performance is required or how business needs change in the future.
Isilon's Scale-out Storage Platform, powered by our OneFS® operating system, combines a robust suite of management applications and enterprise-class hardware to deliver meaningful and sustainable productivity enhancements. Isilon's three product lines provide a broad range of options to address enterprise storage needs. Our software applications provide enterprise-grade storage management, protection, and distribution capabilities.
Whether enterprises choose Isilon to store massive amounts of data in a single file system, to boost storage performance and/or to consolidate dozens of applications, Isilon's three dimensions of scale and extraordinary simplicity stand at the forefront of enterprise storage innovation. When considering enterprise storage options, think simple. Think Isilon.
How many people can go home at the end of the day knowing that they contributed to a product that helped produce academy award winning films, educate children and cure cancer?
Isilon employees can.
Isilon was built from the ground up with a new way of approaching enterprise storage and we continue to innovate to meet the needs of a dynamic market. Our storage remains simple to manage and stays that way no matter how much storage is added or what businesses need in the future.
At Isilon, we don’t just write mission statements and set goals. We blow those goals out of the water and have fun while we’re doing it.
We offer a competitive benefits package including equity and Health/Wellness programs. We strive to create an environment for our employees that encourages productivity, growth and good old-fashioned fun -- we have air hockey and foosball tables, an onsite barista and you may even see a dog in the office when your coworker brings their canine companion to work.
Whatever role you have at Isilon, you will be part of a team responsible for developing the industry’s best storage platform and shaping the future of enterprise storage.
Our teams are comprised of the industry’s highest caliber talent—people who are smart, innovative and passionate about what they do. People like you.
EMC overtook NetApp in 2011 as the No. 1 vendor in terms of overall vendor-branded revenue for network-attached storage (NAS) and unified storage through internal growth (VNX/VNXe and Data Domain) and acquisition (Isilon).
EMC offers highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities—all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment. We hope you’ll join us.
At EMC, you receive world-class benefits aimed at helping you and your family maintain a healthy lifestyle, achieve a work-life balance, manage your finances, plan for retirement, and live a less stressful life. Some of our many employee benefits include flexible work schedules, commuter and work-at-home benefits, on-site cafeterias and fitness centers, college admission coaching for your children, and cash reimbursement for outside health club/health equipment/sports expenses.
EMC also offers 529 College Investment plans, 401K plans, employee stock purchase plans, adoption assistance programs, commuter benefits for offsetting the costs of public transportation, and more.
EMC has been recognized for our commitment to creating the best working environment possible and for valuing diversity in the workplace.
Recent awards include:
- First place ranking in IT and third overall on Training Magazine's list of the top employer-sponsored workforce training and development companies.
- Placement on BusinessWeek’s best places to launch a career list.
- Recognition by Fortune magazine as the only technology company among the world's ten most admired companies for product and service quality.
- Second ranking by Electronic Design—second only to Apple—on their list of best employers for electronic design professionals.
Employee health programs
EMC seeks to partner with employees to improve our collective health and reduce healthcare costs. To that end, we offer a health management program including an array of health management tools, educational resources, and fitness and eating facilities–all available to you and your dependents.
As an EMC employee, you will realize that our partnership with you is not just about paying for healthcare. It’s about investing in your health and your family’s health–to get you well and keep you that way. Today, a healthy workplace is one where you can manage stress, maintain a healthy lifestyle, and successfully integrate work and family. EMC is proud to offer many programs to support this kind of healthy working environment.
- HealthLink — Manage your health (and your family’s health) effectively with this web-based personal health management program powered by WebMD. This private, secure environment is available 24/7 from work or home. EMC was the first company to offer an electronic personal health record to our employees. With HealthLink, you can access online education and custom e-mail newsletters geared toward your interests—such as back pain, weight loss, or high blood pressure. Completion of the online Health Risk Assessment (HRA) is linked to premium incentives.
- Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) — Lower your blood pressure with this partnership program between EMC and the Boston University School of Medicine. Since 2002, this web-based program, recommended by the American Heart Association, has provided EMC participants with guidance for reducing hypertension. Participants work with a trainer who teaches them how to properly portion food and develop eight weeks’ worth of workouts that can fit into a busy lifestyle.
- BestDoctors — Make informed healthcare decisions for yourself and your dependents with the help of this Boston-based company started by doctors affiliated with Harvard University School of Medicine. Through BestDoctors, you and your attending physician can receive advice from other physicians regarded as experts in their fields. This information can help you make better decisions. This service is completely independent, free, and confidential. Use of this program by EMC employees has surpassed expectations.
- Health management seminars — Get access to experts in the health and wellness arena and learn how to reduce risks, gain a healthy outlook, and recognize warning signs.
- Medical benefits — Choose from a variety of options when selecting your healthcare provider. Many of the plans incorporate a managed care strategy, including several HMO options and a PPO option. EMC also offers a Health & Savings Plan (HSA), which is a portable, high-deductible medical plan with a tax-advantaged savings component.
- Delta Dental — Receive comprehensive dental coverage (if elected) for a full range of preventive, restorative, and orthodontic dental services.
- Behavioral health benefits — Get access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and managed Mental Health/Substance Abuse benefits (if you are enrolled in an EMC medical plan). This coverage provides confidential consultation for a wide range of issues, including mental health, marital and family issues, substance abuse issues, and financial and legal matters.
- Prescription services — Enjoy the benefits of pharmacy and mail order prescription coverage through CVS Caremark if you are an employee enrolled in any of EMC’s medical plans (except the BCBS Health and Savings Account, which has prescription services through Express Scripts).
- Vision service plan — Elect to receive coverage for eye exams and eyewear for a nominal co-payment through the VSP network.
- Health care flexible spending account — Set aside up to $2,500 per year on a pre-tax basis to pay for unreimbursed health care expenses (medical, dental, and vision care) while lowering your taxable income. Additionally, if you are enrolled in an EMC medical plan, the company will match 50% of your FSA contribution up to a maximum of $250 per year.
Isilon, A Division of EMC Photos
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Isilon, A Division of EMC.Interview Details
I had a very poor experience interviewing with Isilon. The recruiter reached out to me directly on LinkedIn for a particular position. I agreed to chat with him for a 30-45 minute phone interview. At the end of the interview he told me he thought I would be a great fit for the role and he would set up another interview with myself and the hiring manager. After a couple of days I followed up with the recruiter but he went completely radio silent. I never heard anything again. Needless to say I have a very poor impression of this company and especially their recruiting department.Interview Questions
No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
- All pretty standard. Answer Question
Isilon, a division of EMC Corporation, is the leader in scale-out storage systems. Our clustered storage and data management solutions drive unique business and economic value for customers by maximizing the performance of their mission critical applications, workflows, and processes. Isilon enables enterprises and research organizations world-wide to manage massive and...
Mission: ISILON VALUES
1. Think Customers First
2. Be Your Best - Expect the Best
3. Create the Future
5. Have Fun