Freddie Mac Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 8 yearsPros
Great place to work for. Lot of innovation work that can be done within Freddie Mac. Some Directors and staff below director level are smart and educated to understand the business and knows how to execute it in a cost effective manner.Cons
Smart people cannot talk to leadership team who doesn't have much IT background. CIO's friends are not smart and he still keeps his network of people and keep promoting or saving them instead of letting them go.Advice to ManagementAdvice
1. Hire the right leaders for the right job. Don't push VP from one department to other when they don't have any experience in that field nor they will learn it. You cannot be a eye doctor one day and become a heart surgeon the next day.
2. Don't hire friends at the leadership level for VP and Director jobs Bring the right skills if you want to innovate.
3. Don't spend tax payers money on IT trainings after hiring stupid leaders.
4. Smart people will always know how to get out of Freddie and venture new things. Management should learn how to retain smart people with right skills if company has to change.
5. CEO should see why big dollars are spend on consulting firms like EY and KPMG. It shows that most IT leaders don't have a clue on the work they do other than few technical vocabularies.RecommendsNegative OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Freddie Mac.Interview Details
I interviewed with multiple people in the same day. I interviewed first with some now co-workers, I interviewed with the director and then senior director. After the interviews they all got together and collectively decided I was the person for the position based on my management experience.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsBack and forth on current salary and percentage of increaseAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
- So tell me about yourself. View Answer
These siblings know there's no place like home. Government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs) Freddie Mac (officially Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation) and Fannie Mae were established to buy residential mortgages and boost the housing market. They do so by purchasing mortgages from lenders and packaging them for resale, thereby mitigating risk and allowing lenders to provide mortgages to those who may not otherwise qualify. The agency also provides assistance for affordable rental housing. Together, Fannie and Freddie guarantee some 70% of all new home loans in the US. Due...