The Goddard School
THE GODDARD SCHOOL – Doylestown, PA
ASSISTANT TEACHERS FT/PT The Goddard School, 100 Farm Ln, Doylestown… Monster
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at The Goddard School full-time (less than an year)Pros
- Teaching is play based.
- Children make it almost worth the trouble
- Owner had knowledge of child development.Cons
- Teachers had to constantly call up front in order to get help when out of ratio, and often help wouldn't come.
- Very low pay for the amount of work.
- It was assumed that we would write lessons on our own time. No planning time was given.
- Guidelines were only followed when someone from QA was coming.
- Teachers were nearly always alone if they were in ratio, no matter what the behaviors were or if they were new.
- Owner always took the parents side.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Pay people more and you will have less turnover. It will be worth it. Treat your teachers like they are important, and stop calling your school "Customer Service". Don't lie to people and try to get away with things behind their backs. It's not okay to be manipulated and it does not lead to loyalty or respect. Don't tell State that you are over numbers because "some teachers came in late" when really it's because you are horribly under staffed and don't pay people unless you absolutely have to.Doesn't RecommendNegative OutlookNo opinion of CEO