Polycom, Inc. – Beijing
• Provide training to customers when required. • Offer an expert level support in Voice and Video technologies • Take overall ownership of… Polycom, Inc.
Polycom, Inc. – India
-The Security Architect will work closely with management to identify risks, threats, vulnerabilities and provide remediation guidance. -Expert… Polycom, Inc.
Polycom, Inc. – San Jose, CA
• Assist in preparation and documentation of Research Credit Calculation, Sec 199 Calculation, and other special tax projects. Qualifications •A… Polycom, Inc.
Elite Support Engineer – new
Polycom, Inc. – Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England
will include, but are not limited to the following: 1. Interface with and manage assigned customers to resolve technical issues on Polycom products… Polycom, Inc.
Polycom – USA, Washington, D.C, Working From Home
§ Also responsible for driving net-new joint sales activities outside of large RFPs or programs (i.e. alignment of Fed SI reps and Polycom… Polycom
Polycom – Canada, Working From Home
• Ensure the company successfully meets agreed revenue, profitability and market share targets across all solution sets. • Promote and raise the… Polycom
Polycom, Inc. – Mexico
· The deal register must be verified to avoid duplicities, this means to avoid two partners working on the same opportunity Deal register and then… Polycom, Inc.
Polycom, Inc. – Westminster, CO
This position is responsible for the engineering and operation of the global back-office and endpoint Windows infrastructure located across Polycom’s… Polycom, Inc.
Polycom, Inc. – Singapore
· Provide exceptional HR operations and business process excellence in 11 different APAC countries with particular client concentration in China… Polycom, Inc.
Polycom, Inc. – Beijing
Proven campaign management abilities. Experience of structured sales techniques spanning the entire sales cycle i.e. identification and qualification… Polycom, Inc.
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Polycom as a contractor (less than a year)Pros
Unlike a lot of tech companies who make things that no one really needs, Polycom develops many products that are actually useful to many businesses in today's global, technology-driven work environment. The liberal work-from-home policy is also a big plus, and the company's video collaboration software make it easy to stay connected to co-workers and teams, even with people working from home and from different offices.Cons
The policy of cycling in contractors to do permanent and ongoing work is counter-productive and simply a bad business practice. Contractors are hired with the promise of permanent work, yet once in place, even for those who by all accounts are smart, dedicated, and delivering high-quality work on time, there's no path to permanent employment and no process for approval of permanent employees from contract. Contractors get cut loose after exactly one year of contract employment, regardless of where they happen to be in the development cycle. Then the company back-fills the position with yet another contractor, who may or may not be as competent as the one being replaced. Team leads then spend valuable time training a new contract employee to work for 365 days and then get cut loose, repeating the cycle over and over.
Not having to pay benefits for a group of employees may look good on a spreadsheet, but it's terrible for team cohesion and productivity, and it's probably not so great for Polycom's already suffering reputation.Advice to ManagementAdvice
When you find good people, hire them.Neutral OutlookApproves of CEO