BT – Budapest
Desk Based Account Manager - 15280 Job function : Desk Based Account Manager Main location : Hungary-Budapest-Budapest Schedule : Full-time… Glassdoor
BT – São Paulo
Problem Specialist - Analista de Tecnologia da Informação Sênior - 17509 Job function : IT, Systems and Security Main location : Brazil-Sao… Glassdoor
BT – Hungary
Incubator Support - 15646 Job function : Customer Service and Contact Centres Main location : Hungary Schedule : Full-time Working pattern… Glassdoor
BT – Debrecen
Propositions Manager - Broadband, TV, Sport & Voice - 09759 Job function : Marketing Main location : United Kingdom-London-London Schedule… Glassdoor
BT – United States
US&C East Region Finance Business Partner - 18376 Job function : Finance Main location : United States Schedule : Full-time Working pattern… Glassdoor
BT – London, England
Voice and Mobile Reporting and Analysis Lead - 02278 Job function : Business Analysis and Planning Main location : United Kingdom-London… Glassdoor
BT – London, England
Information Ops & Cyber Intelligence Deputy / Int. Assignee - 16642 Job function : Security System Main location : United Kingdom-London… Glassdoor
BT – United Kingdom
BT – Bangalore
Technical Consultant Config Hub Billing & Reporting - 17336 Job function : IT, Systems and Security Main location : India-Bangalore-Bangalore… Glassdoor
BT – Budapest
The role will involve the coordination of a number of audits within the FSSC, including overseeing the preparation of local GAAP statutory accounts… Glassdoor
1 person found this helpful
“Great opportunity for some, close to nothing for others - A business in dire need of modernisation. ”
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at BT full-time (more than an year)Pros
- Good employee benefits: Free Internet, Free TV, Free Telephone
- Good Graduate Salary: 31k+ with bonuses and stock options
- Good Training Opportunities and Certifications: Cisco CCNA and many others
- If you get into the right team and get the right type of work, it can be pretty rewarding.Cons
- Non-technical staff in technical roles or making technical decisions with little understanding.
- Poor Performance Management / Employee Grading (this decides salary and bonus).
- Doesn't take software development seriously enough even though they are effectively a tech company.
- Managers (and other senior staff) change roles frequently for promotions or new roles. After they move, they are effectively no longer held accountable for the previous decisions they made or anything they worked on, even if it costs the business money.
- Poor project management (hint: The Mythical Man Month was written in 1975, why are these mistakes still being made?)
- Hiring Graduates for numbers (as many staff are retiring every year) into roles which are not clear cut or well defined. I've seen some graduates with computer science or engineering degrees put into project manager roles.
- Rife with focus on business processes instead of getting things done, politics, bureaucracy, over complication: I work a set number of hours on a set project, why do I need to fill in a time sheet?
- Increasing challenge to remove employees means a lack of resource: entire teams replaced with subcontractors while some people still remain in useless roles, monitoring useless data with little to no value for the business.
- Empire Building: empire-building is demonstrated when individuals or small groups attempt to gain control over key projects and initiatives to maximize job security and promotabilityAdvice to ManagementAdvice
- Don't hire graduates to hit targets, give them defined roles with defined training and a clear vision for the future.
- Improve performance management, maybe consider doing it bi-annual.
- Consider giving managers a period of 'lock-in' before they can change roles, or at least make sure they are held accountable for what they previously worked on for several months/year after they change role.
- Many employees shouldn't have to do time sheets, yet can still be penalised for when they don't arrive on time.RecommendsNeutral OutlookApproves of CEO