hhgregg Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

37 interviews

1.9

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mobile, AL (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at hhgregg in November 2012.

Pretty straight forward interview. It was more like a conversation and less like an interview. Asked more life questions. Examples of work history and duties. Prioritizing job tasks. The store manager and Home theater manager were present. Most of the questions came from the store manager.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you went out of your way to help a customer.   Answer Question
100% commision

Other Interview Reviews for hhgregg

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Racine, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at hhgregg.

Submitted an application online received a call the very next day. Went in for an interview with the sales manager, general interview questions and then a tour through the store. Was offered the job on the spot.

Background and drug test followed.

Interview Questions
    100% Commission zero negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg in February 2013.

I received an email to inform me that I had an interview. I showed up and informed them that I used to work for Sears. They showed me how much money I could make from selling products. I was then taken over to another manager and given an impromptu interview with the electronics manager. After that, I was taken to the computer to finish my employment paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • None, I had been previously employed by their competitor.   Answer Question
    There was none.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Silver Spring, MD (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at hhgregg in August 2010.

Quick interview, told the seven steps of the sell are the holly grail of hhgregg. Two week of selling on the floor while on salary. After two weeks,100 % commission, at that time warranties become the holy grail of hhgregg. Little help or structure as other employees will teach you the ends and outs of snaking customers into buying these overpriced service plans

Interview Questions
    • What the most important thing you can offer a customer!   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, GA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg in November 2013.

Brief interview, was later ridiculed for keeping eye contact during the session.

There was none.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, DE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at hhgregg in March 2011.

INterview with manager is very easy non challenging.

Interview Questions
    there were no negotiations, this is a commission based job

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Towson, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at hhgregg in August 2013.

Very casual, just wanted to know if what my experience looked like as far as sales. Not structured or interrogational at all. Now I understand why. They pretty much will hire anyone with minimal sales experience.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect to get out of this?   View Answer
    No negotiation. THis is strictly commission or you make minimum wage or minimum wage x 1.5 if you go over 40 hours and they will make you pay back that draw.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg.

Two interviews, initial interview askign a lot of questions like why hhgregg, what assests can you bring to the table and such.

Second interview is an explanation of how you get paid and what you qualify for, here you find out the structure is hideous and so is the pay.

there was none

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knoxville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at hhgregg in October 2012.

I received a call 2 days after I submitted my application and the hiring manager asked me to go into more detail about my cellular experience. I was originally hired to be a Verizon and Computer Associate for Hhgregg.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any of the questions to be overly difficult or hard. Moving to straight commission was a new idea for me.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at hhgregg in January 2012.

Asked if in could sell, told them I had 10 years experience of retail sales and appliance sales under my belt. Was hired on the spot. They had 4 sales people in DRAW and needed help fast.
    Took a drug and they did a background check andni was working in week, after 3 days of super boring and dry training.

No negotiating. All commission sales

Worked for hhgregg? Contribute to the Community!