hhgregg

Average Difficulty
37 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mobile, AL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at hhgregg in November 2012.

Interview Details Pretty straight forward interview. It was more like a conversation and less like an interview. Asked more life questions. Examples of work history and duties. Prioritizing job tasks. The store manager and Home theater manager were present. Most of the questions came from the store manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you went out of your way to help a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 100% commision

Racine, WI (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview Details Submitted an application online received a call the very next day. Went in for an interview with the sales manager, general interview questions and then a tour through the store. Was offered the job on the spot.

Background and drug test followed.

Interview Question – Why should I higher you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 100% Commission zero negotiation.

Springfield, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg in February 2013.

Interview Details I received an email to inform me that I had an interview. I showed up and informed them that I used to work for Sears. They showed me how much money I could make from selling products. I was then taken over to another manager and given an impromptu interview with the electronics manager. After that, I was taken to the computer to finish my employment paperwork.

Interview Question – None, I had been previously employed by their competitor.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Silver Spring, MD (US)

I applied online - interviewed at hhgregg in August 2010.

Interview Details Quick interview, told the seven steps of the sell are the holly grail of hhgregg. Two week of selling on the floor while on salary. After two weeks,100 % commission, at that time warranties become the holy grail of hhgregg. Little help or structure as other employees will teach you the ends and outs of snaking customers into buying these overpriced service plans

Interview Question – What the most important thing you can offer a customer!   View Answer

Greensboro, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg in November 2013.

Interview Details Brief interview, was later ridiculed for keeping eye contact during the session.

Interview Question – There wasn't one   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at hhgregg in March 2011.

Interview Details INterview with manager is very easy non challenging.

Interview Question – the interview is very easy, just be on time   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there were no negotiations, this is a commission based job

Towson, MD (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at hhgregg in August 2013.

Interview Details Very casual, just wanted to know if what my experience looked like as far as sales. Not structured or interrogational at all. Now I understand why. They pretty much will hire anyone with minimal sales experience.

Interview Question – What do you expect to get out of this?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. THis is strictly commission or you make minimum wage or minimum wage x 1.5 if you go over 40 hours and they will make you pay back that draw.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview Details Two interviews, initial interview askign a lot of questions like why hhgregg, what assests can you bring to the table and such.

Second interview is an explanation of how you get paid and what you qualify for, here you find out the structure is hideous and so is the pay.

Interview Question – Why HHGregg   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none

Knoxville, TN (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at hhgregg in October 2012.

Interview Details I received a call 2 days after I submitted my application and the hiring manager asked me to go into more detail about my cellular experience. I was originally hired to be a Verizon and Computer Associate for Hhgregg.

Interview Question – I didn't find any of the questions to be overly difficult or hard. Moving to straight commission was a new idea for me.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at hhgregg in January 2012.

Interview Details Asked if in could sell, told them I had 10 years experience of retail sales and appliance sales under my belt. Was hired on the spot. They had 4 sales people in DRAW and needed help fast.
Took a drug and they did a background check andni was working in week, after 3 days of super boring and dry training.

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. All commission sales

Worked for hhgregg? Contribute to the Community!