hhgregg Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated 22 Jul, 2014

1.9

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Racine, WI (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at hhgregg.

Submitted an application online received a call the very next day. Went in for an interview with the sales manager, general interview questions and then a tour through the store. Was offered the job on the spot.

Background and drug test followed.

Interview Questions
100% Commission zero negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for hhgregg

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg.

Two interviews, initial interview askign a lot of questions like why hhgregg, what assests can you bring to the table and such.

Second interview is an explanation of how you get paid and what you qualify for, here you find out the structure is hideous and so is the pay.

there was none

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg in November 2013.

Brief interview, was later ridiculed for keeping eye contact during the session.

There was none.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at hhgregg in September 2013.

Applied online for Management Trainee. Received call about 10 days later. asking for interview, and they explained they do not hire managers from outside, but from their sales floor. Was I interested? We set up the interview, and I studied all the info on this website in relation to this company, and wrote down every question in the interview segment. I then studied my answers to those questions. The interview was with the electronics sales manager and went well enough that he asked if I wanted to have my second interview (standard procedure) the same day. I waited in the general area 2 hours for the 2nd interview with the Appliance Manager, and this interview was more relaxed and informative. I was then told I was being considered for appliances. After the background check (3 days) and the drug test (1 day), I was hired. I later asked why appliances, and was told they like the "older, more mature" people on that side of the store because customers want to talk with people who have bought all these items themselves. The electronics side has many younger, but (commonly thought) tech savvy people to sell.

Interview Questions
    • 4 main questions were asked in the 1st interview. 1. Why do you want to work HERE? Not just any store, but HERE?
      2. Why should I hire you?
      3. What do you know about Hhgregg? Study this one! It becomes part of the greeting to new customers.
      4. Tell me about yourself.
        Answer Question
    No negotiation, pay is standard 100% commission. The breakdown is 1% all sold, plus 12% of the profit of each item, after cost. Pay also on service plans, 8%-22% with the more you sell, the more you make. The service plans with Hhgregg are actually a good value for the customer, as well as making you money.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Towson, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at hhgregg in August 2013.

Very casual, just wanted to know if what my experience looked like as far as sales. Not structured or interrogational at all. Now I understand why. They pretty much will hire anyone with minimal sales experience.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect to get out of this?   View Answer
    No negotiation. THis is strictly commission or you make minimum wage or minimum wage x 1.5 if you go over 40 hours and they will make you pay back that draw.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurnee, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at hhgregg in July 2013.

simple, unprofessional interview. walked in and asked for the manager. he came out and we went through some simple experience questions, and it was over.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at hhgregg.

After scheduling the interview I got on this website to read reviews and interview and was very discouraged. My experience was just as it is described in the reviews. From the second I walked in the store I could tell there was a lack of management. Employees were cutting up and congregating near front of store, yet no one made an attempt to greet me (assuming they thought I was a customer) i told someone why I was there and they pretty much said cool and did not make an attempt to contact manager to alert him I was there. Manager finally comes out and tells me to wait for him. While I'm waiting an employee asked me if I needed help. By this point it is well past the scheduled interview time. Manager finally gets me and we do the interview in the middle of the furniture sales floor. Yes thats right, sitting on couches doing an interview while customers and employees are walking by and around us talking. Ridiculous and awkward. Standard interview. Young inexperienced sales manager that obviously had no proper training or experience in interviews. The whole thing was a joke and very shady.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about experience and morals. Standard interview questions asked straight from a written script. Only difficult thing was interviewer pretty much asked the same question twice and I was forced to come up with a different answer to the same question.   Answer Question

Company seems very sketchy. High turnover rate.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at hhgregg in February 2013.

Interview with one assistant manager.

no negotiation at all.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg in February 2013.

I received an email to inform me that I had an interview. I showed up and informed them that I used to work for Sears. They showed me how much money I could make from selling products. I was then taken over to another manager and given an impromptu interview with the electronics manager. After that, I was taken to the computer to finish my employment paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • None, I had been previously employed by their competitor.   Answer Question
    There was none.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mobile, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at hhgregg in November 2012.

Pretty straight forward interview. It was more like a conversation and less like an interview. Asked more life questions. Examples of work history and duties. Prioritizing job tasks. The store manager and Home theater manager were present. Most of the questions came from the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went out of your way to help a customer.   Answer Question
    100% commision

Worked for hhgregg? Contribute to the Community!