hhgregg Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
111 interviews

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knoxville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at hhgregg in October 2012.

I received a call 2 days after I submitted my application and the hiring manager asked me to go into more detail about my cellular experience. I was originally hired to be a Verizon and Computer Associate for Hhgregg.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any of the questions to be overly difficult or hard. Moving to straight commission was a new idea for me.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at hhgregg in January 2012.

Asked if in could sell, told them I had 10 years experience of retail sales and appliance sales under my belt. Was hired on the spot. They had 4 sales people in DRAW and needed help fast.
    Took a drug and they did a background check andni was working in week, after 3 days of super boring and dry training.

No negotiating. All commission sales

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at hhgregg in September 2013.

Applied online for Management Trainee. Received call about 10 days later. asking for interview, and they explained they do not hire managers from outside, but from their sales floor. Was I interested? We set up the interview, and I studied all the info on this website in relation to this company, and wrote down every question in the interview segment. I then studied my answers to those questions. The interview was with the electronics sales manager and went well enough that he asked if I wanted to have my second interview (standard procedure) the same day. I waited in the general area 2 hours for the 2nd interview with the Appliance Manager, and this interview was more relaxed and informative. I was then told I was being considered for appliances. After the background check (3 days) and the drug test (1 day), I was hired. I later asked why appliances, and was told they like the "older, more mature" people on that side of the store because customers want to talk with people who have bought all these items themselves. The electronics side has many younger, but (commonly thought) tech savvy people to sell.

Interview Questions
    • 4 main questions were asked in the 1st interview. 1. Why do you want to work HERE? Not just any store, but HERE?
      2. Why should I hire you?
      3. What do you know about Hhgregg? Study this one! It becomes part of the greeting to new customers.
      4. Tell me about yourself.
        Answer Question
    No negotiation, pay is standard 100% commission. The breakdown is 1% all sold, plus 12% of the profit of each item, after cost. Pay also on service plans, 8%-22% with the more you sell, the more you make. The service plans with Hhgregg are actually a good value for the customer, as well as making you money.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at hhgregg in June 2009.

Hiring process was brief and simple. Received a job application and completed it at my home. Took the application to the store and gave it to the manager. I had a sit down interview with the manager at that time and was then offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • Sales specific questions on product features and benefits.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pembroke Pines, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pembroke Pines, FL (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at hhgregg in September 2012.

expectations were set for requirements needed to be successful and all tools where brought up at time for success.

Manager In Training Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg.

I applied to a manager in training position. They hired me as a salesman with the understanding that after a month if i proved I could sell I would be put into the program. That unfortunately wasn't the end result, after a month I was informed that I needed to improve as a salesmen before I could get into the program. With the lack of business and the massive number of employees that were scheduled each day made it virtually impossible. In the meantime you make $8 an hour and they tell you most salesmen ave $18. Thats far from true they give you access to all the commission history after about a week you realize most employees make maybe $10 and a few top earner make $20.

Warehouse Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at hhgregg.

Don' remember the interview much. I do remember them trying to push me into being a salesman.

Don' remember

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at hhgregg in February 2013.

Interview with one assistant manager.

no negotiation at all.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Gurnee, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at hhgregg in July 2013.

simple, unprofessional interview. walked in and asked for the manager. he came out and we went through some simple experience questions, and it was over.

Electronic Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairview Heights, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at hhgregg in July 2012.

I originally interviewed for a warehouse position, but I believe I fell into the position seeing as how I was being interviewed by the electronics sales manager. He had just received a call from a person they offered the position to and they turned the offer down. The pay structure was explained, but you really don't feel the brunt of it until after Grand Opening or the Holidays like my store was going through. I felt as though I might have just been a warm body to fill the spot considering I had never had sales experience before. You can develop sales skills, but just make sure you don't slip into draw too much!

Interview Questions
    It's the same whether you have sales experience or not. Straight commission after a certain time period. Make sure you clarify what the expectations are; maybe even in writing.