eBay Inc. Interview Questions

Updated 16 Apr, 2015
Updated 16 Apr, 2015

3.1

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at eBay Inc. (Toronto, ON) in February 2015.

Interview

1 round: interviewed at school, by two people. One part of the questions is about entrepreneurial strategy (general), the other part involves an assignment that requires using SQL.

2nd round: a tour at the company. Interviewed by the VP and department manager, questions are more personal.

Interview Questions

• Please finish this assignment by using SQL command or logic.   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview

Interview was for a job in Ireland, I was prepared and I knew my stuff. Interviewer seemed rushed and made a quick decision about me. It took some scheduling due to time zone, recruiter was right on time, which is great, some other recruiters of similar companies seem late so gotten used to start interviews later. She had a heavy Irish accent so I was having a hard time understanding her, seemed like a nice person but overly rushed. Nothing out of the ordinary, but when it came to my questions, she led me to believe that the questions will be answered in next stage which never happened.

Interview Questions

• why do I want to work there? I hate that question, I always want to say I want to work there because you have a job that fits my skills, and I am unemployed, but always give them what they want to hear, great company, successful returns, and .... I wish I could ask them in return, why do you want me to work for you?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Interview

Applied online and got an interview.
    It was not too simple in the beginning since they have specific wants in the resume and stuff
    however, I managed and was able to get the position.
    During the interveiw they asked me a few behavioural questions and they also asked me what i did in the past internships. I had to say what kind of leadership roles i took during my past internship and they also asked what were my weaknesses during that time.
    Overall interview was not too bad, maybe because it was for a random marketing intern position.
    Overall good,and i had a great experience working at ebay.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at eBay Inc. (Toronto, ON) in December 2010.

Interview

Interviewed by HR, very positive experience. Very nice person in HR.
    Interviewed by VP, surprisingly rude and uninterested.
    Focused on b2b experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview

I apply on line and get a phone interview. The interviewer was 30 minutes late and only interview me about 5 minutes, just asking some simple question about my resume. And then I get rejected next day.

Database Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview

Long and very testy - filled with verbal test after written after online whiteboarding. The interview itself was hard to schedule since it was constantly being rescheduled.

Many of the questions on the tests were wrong; not the answers, the questions. You had to interpret to figure out what they really meant. Like they often used the term "design principle" in place of "design pattern".

Interview Questions

• The best question was actually a problem to solve with a query.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview

Phone interview with HR, longer phone interview with hiring manager, on-site interview with hiring manager and team members, brief skills test, long tour. I was introduced to the team and had the opportunity to ask as many questions as I wanted to.

Analytics Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc. in March 2015.

Interview

45 minutes phone interview with hiring manager. Went through background, had two cases, one analytical discussion and one SQL question. The first case question was how to define success for a recommendation system. The business case was how to decide a) whether should the company launch certain function in the APP in certain country and b) how to define success.

Interview Questions

• How to implement ranking function in SQL   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc. in March 2015.

Interview

Process took 3 weeks. I applied online and got an email from one of the recruiters. She set me up for a technical phone interview.

It started off with few basic java questions for 10 minutes followed by a Tree question that I had to code in collabedit.

Interview Questions

• How are values passed in Java? By value or by reference?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between a set and a map? Can you place a set inside a map?   Answer Question
    • Find the Least common ancestor for two given nodes in a tree.
      I solved this question using double recursion but the interviewer was expecting me to solve it in a better way.

Answer Question
    • How do you check if a string is palindrome or not?   Answer Question

Technical PhD Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc. in March 2015.

Interview

Applied the position in late February and got back in one week. Went through three rounds of interview. First spoke with the hiring manager, followed by two more group members. All these interviews involved general machine learning and algorithm questions. Preparation for all the contents listed on resume and algorithm questions are indispensable.

Interview Questions

• What are the existing ensemble methods? Pros and cons.   Answer Question