eBay Inc.

Updated 24 Feb, 2015
Updated 24 Feb, 2015

3.1

Team Lead Interview

I applied online – interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview was for a job in Ireland, I was prepared and I knew my stuff. Interviewer seemed rushed and made a quick decision about me. It took some scheduling due to time zone, recruiter was right on time, which is great, some other recruiters of similar companies seem late so gotten used to start interviews later. She had a heavy Irish accent so I was having a hard time understanding her, seemed like a nice person but overly rushed. Nothing out of the ordinary, but when it came to my questions, she led me to believe that the questions will be answered in next stage which never happened.

Interview Questions
    • why do I want to work there? I hate that question, I always want to say I want to work there because you have a job that fits my skills, and I am unemployed, but always give them what they want to hear, great company, successful returns, and .... I wish I could ask them in return, why do you want me to work for you?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Applied online and got an interview.
    It was not too simple in the beginning since they have specific wants in the resume and stuff
    however, I managed and was able to get the position.
    During the interveiw they asked me a few behavioural questions and they also asked me what i did in the past internships. I had to say what kind of leadership roles i took during my past internship and they also asked what were my weaknesses during that time.
    Overall interview was not too bad, maybe because it was for a random marketing intern position.
    Overall good,and i had a great experience working at ebay.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at eBay Inc. in December 2010.

Interviewed by HR, very positive experience. Very nice person in HR.
    Interviewed by VP, surprisingly rude and uninterested.
    Focused on b2b experience.

Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc..

Consisted of 2 rounds. Round 1 was a case study round, along with an extended discussion about my work experience. I had relevant work experience so spoke about that. The interviewer did spend a significant amount of time clarifying things about the position. Round 2 was an SQL interview, and a discussion about my work experience again.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to forecast the sales of one of the products for the Q1 of FY 2015 what would your approach be?
      SQL interview was very basic. They gave me 2 sample tables. Asked me to perform some basic roll ups, and calculate ranks of entries, by using ordered analytical functions.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at eBay Inc..

First round on campus interview, one technical question. The interviewer asked me to design two functions that implement auto prediction feature when user input a few letters in search box.

Interview Questions
    • Really focus on what data structure you use and the time/space complexity.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at eBay Inc. in February 2015.

I got a phone call from the recruiter who mentioned that eBay is their direct client. The recruiter herself asked some basic Core Java questions. Then they send me a email to solve a technical question and write up about my experience in cloud computing.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program in Java to assess a given string whether it complies with following patterns. Return true if a given string complies with these patterns else false.

N = N1 + N2
      N>= N1 >= N2
      where N is the Nth element in the string or element at Nth position;
      N1 is the (N-1) element in the string & N2 is the (N-2) element in the string.

Example 1: 224610
      Elements in this string are 2, 2, 4, 6, 10.
      First Set: 2+2=4 (N2=2; N1=2 & N= 4);
      Second Set: 2+4=6 (N2=2; N1=4 & N=6);
      Third Set: 4+6=10 (N2=4; N1=6 & N= 10)

Example 2: 1112233558
      Elements in this string are 1, 11, 12, 23, 35, 58

Example 3: 1101102203
      Elements in this string are 1, 101, 102, 203

View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at eBay Inc. in January 2015.

Got an email with a coding doc that I had to match the output with within a certain amount of time. Completed 2/3 of them but didn't finish the last question which was adding 2 fractions. No phone interview about how I am, just a coding challenge I guess to filter the applicants further after seeing their resume.

Interview Questions
    • To remove every multiple i, j, k ..... elements from a list.
      To add 2 fractions and reduce it to the simplest form
      Another question I couldnt remember but it was easy

View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at eBay Inc. in January 2015.

Applied online and contacted by a recruiter. Just passed the first round phone interview with team manager, and received second interview invitation one week later. The second round is scheduled next week.

Interview Questions
    • A few questions about resume, coding question: find the lowest common ancestor of two nodes in a binary tree   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at eBay Inc. in January 2015.

After sending the CV I've got a "motivational" telephone interview of about half an hour. The day after I was asked to take a full day off to go to their office to have face2face interview without any hurry (but they just want to waste my time as I discovered later).
    I took 2 separate technical interview with 3 different people from different team for about a little more of 2 hours in total, I did answer to all their answer that were not very difficult.

After a couple of days they said me I was a good candidate but they rejected me because
    A) I was a full stack developer and they were searching for a Front End position. Of course they ignored my CV as long what I did said during the first telephone interview regarding exactly this issue.
    B) Due to my background I said that visual studio is a great IDE, but the interviewer was a complete open source taliban. Again, they should read better the CV and not advertising in their job position their fake appreciation of previous .Net experience.
    C) I was answering their questions giving a lot of details and example

The only fair point here is the first one, and they could avoid to waste 1 day of my life for 2 hours of in place interview when they had already decided to not to hire me.

Interview Questions
    • Very predictable and plain questions about javascript, html and OO programming.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc. in January 2015.

Connected with recruiter. Was supposed to have a 30 minute phone interview, but ended up in a 45 minute interview with a senior engineer who started rapidly firing off questions in an online doc sharing website. Heard back 3 weeks later saying I got it. Rate was initially low, but I was able to negotiate it to a number I was happy with.

Interview Questions
    • Convert a string to an integer, and some jQuery commands. Not bad.   Answer Question
    Was given a low-end rate, but was able to negotiate 30% raise since I had some leverage.