eBay Inc. Interview Questions

3.1

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at eBay Inc. in December 2010.

Interviewed by HR, very positive experience. Very nice person in HR.
    Interviewed by VP, surprisingly rude and uninterested.
    Focused on b2b experience.

Front End Web Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc..

The process took 3 weeks. Secured an on-campus interview at a career fair. Had a 45-minute interview with a recruiter where I spoke about projects and was asked to analyse a couple eBay pages and say what I liked/did not like about them. Spoke two weeks later with my to-be manager over the phone for about 30 minutes, and had a couple higher-level object-oriented programming questions. Did not have anything too technical. Heard back a week later.

Interview Questions
    • What do you dislike/what would you change about the eBay view item page?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at eBay Inc..

Had a friend submit my resume internally. Heard back within a week from a recruiter. What followed for the next 6-7 weeks was 1 HR interview, 1 in-person informational with the hiring manager, 5 more in-person interviews with the team over the next few weeks before a final round each with the hiring manager and VP. Was made an offer the next day after the final VP meeting.

Interview Questions
    Yes, negotiation was mainly in terms of increasing the 'equity make good'. No room for base pay or level bump negotiations

Network Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc..

I met a recruiter at a career fair and got a call within next week. First interview was phone and he asked technical questions. Second interview was by manager. He focused on perl language and I said I dont know perl. So I got rejected.

Software Engineer Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews after the written round. The written round was pretty difficult with time taking questions. There were 50 questions to be done in a span of 60 minutes. There were 2 technical interviews. Tech-1 involved a software case analysis. A real time problem was given and code had to be written.

Interview Questions
    • Every question required detailed analysis. There was no question straight from the book.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at eBay Inc..

After I applied online, I was contacted by a HR. Then she helped to arranged two phone interviews. In the phone interview, I was asked to write code online. The first phone interview is easy but the second is difficult.

Software Engineer II Interview

4 people interview, extremely difficult. I went in and the first guy asked me behavioural questions designed to dig into my work ethic and whether id be a good fit

Editor Interview

I found their handling of the initial application process very unprofessional. I did a two-hour screening test for eBay. It was administered in Germany for a job based in the UK. I was initially asked to do the test between 8am and 6pm within 2 days of asking, despite the fact that I was working at the time. I was able to rearrange it for the evening.

The woman administering the test kept me waiting for half an hour from the agreed start time for the two hour timed test, which they emailed to me.

They never sent even a form rejection after the test, despite my taking the time to arrange to do a two-hour test at short notice. Even when I emailed (politely!) to follow up, they never bothered with the courtesy of a reply.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through university program and there was 1 written round in which 40 questions were there.20 aptitude and 20 technical.Aptitude ques were very good and technical ques include ds,algo,c++ and java questions.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calicut, Kerala (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calicut, Kerala (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at eBay Inc. in August 2014.

The interviewer was really cool. The company as a whole is cool. They want people who knows data structures and thorough knowledge on programming. He asked me to write a code on printing the duplicates in an array of 20 nos. I was supposed to use data structures I guess but I did it another way. I am a ECE student and I was not well aware of data structure stuff and all. Still the interview was pretty comfy and I enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!