Zimmerman Advertising Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2014

2.4

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in February 2014.

Following a brief phone interview, I was invited to their new Ft. Lauderdale office for a face-to-face interview. I was greeted by the two Talent Acquisition Specialists that scheduled the interviews and was then introduced to the two Traffic Managers I was scheduled to sit down with. The first sit down went well, the second was cold and borderline rude, and was seemingly concerned by my ambition of wanting to move up the corporate ladder. Yes, she was clearly looking for someone who would like to stay in the same position for years to come. And while I played it off during the interview, that was the first big red flag for me. Who wants to join a company that doesn't give you the opportunity to grow? Second red flag -which I initially chose to ignore during my phone interview- was the low pay, starting at $24,000/year regardless of the entry job level you were being offered. I believe that opportunity is more important than pay, but when you combine the lack of promotions possibilities this company exposed alongside their low salaries, it was close to impossible to picture myself being excited to dedicate long hours in this place.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Rundown of your resume, why you want to work for them etc.   Answer Question

Creative Director Interview

It was quick and standard. They don't really have much leeway considering their reputation in the industry.

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Phone interview, in-person interview, discussion with HR, then hired.

Interview Questions
    • It was a very generic interview. I don't recall any questions that were too difficult.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer. I tried negotiating and they told me it was non-negotiable.

Junior Account Executive Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in February 2012.

Two interviews
    1) HR recruiter
    2) Multiple persons in various departments

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for this company and where do you want to be with us in 5 years.   Answer Question
    The base salary is extremely low.
    Always ask for a higher salary, they will at least give you a $500/year increase.

Assistant Digital Analyst Interview

I applied online and received a quick response. I had a phone interview with a recruiter at the Florida office. Then about a week later, I met with two employees in person at the Dallas office. The interview was fairly informal and very conversational.... not just the common question and answer interview format. It lasted about an hour. None of the questions were out of the ordinary and they were very engaging.

Interview Questions
    • They asked most of the common questions. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in January 2013.

Had a quick phone interview and then went to the office for a few hours face to face with the CD.

Junior Integrated Media Buyer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

It was a very positive experience!

Production Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

The recruiter was really nice, and showed interest in having someone eager to learn and with experience. Said to keep in touch if was interested.

Interview Questions
    • Not a difficult, but was expected to show your knowledge on the interview.   Answer Question

Billing Coordinator Interview

I tempted here for a while before being hired permanently. I was here a while so the process was easy.

Interview Questions
    • The pay isn't enough. The people who do the actual work don't get paid enough. This place is for experience only but skip this if you're looking for good pay.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in July 2010.

The interview process was very relaxed. I had gone into the agency to meet with three separate account service departments. I actually only met with one as they asked if I would forgo the rest of my interviews for the day if I was offered a position.

I was interviewed by the VP & an Account Supervisor. The conversation was easy & relaxed. At the time, I was right out of college, so I brought my portfolio book with a project that I had worked on with my college advertising course team. I never even had to open the book. I was simply asked about myself, what type of environment I was looking for and my work ethic. I expected a much tougher interview, but I was happy to have it be more about my personality than experience.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strongest traits and how do you think you can use these to better the company and our current processes in order to succeed?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation phase. You will be offered $24,000 straight out of college for any entry level position (unless you have further education). If you will not accept the offer, someone else will. They are simply offering you experience at a larger agency which was hard to find in South Florida right out of college, so I accepted. Please also note that I had the opportunity to commute and and live with family, so I was able to afford the very low salary.