Zillow Inside Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, there was a phone interview that was quite easy and they ask you simple questions just to get to know you. They described the job as making calls all day which in the end did not sound appealing to me at all so I decided to not go forward with the process. Everyone I talked to though was incredibly nice and it seems like a great company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Zillow

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zillow (Irvine, CA (US)).

Interview

I had 3 interviews. One over the Phone, One on the Web, One in-person in Irvine. Traveled far for the final one. Had 3 in-person interviews that day at Zillow. Was given a follow up tour and met a lot of the office. Thought I was in the bag. Never heard back. Was upset.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

I initially had two phone interviews after applying online. Then I had a one-way skype interview where they asked questions and recorded my responses to review. Shortly after that interview I was asked to come into the office for an onsite interview with three people. After talking with all three they asked me to stay put for a couple minutes. Then they sent in someone for another department to interview me for a different position. This sounded like good news being as it was a better position but I did not receive an offer for either. The HR team seamed really rushed and unprepared... none of them even knew who I was or had a chance to review my resume which I thought was odd.

Interview Questions

• How much do you want to earn?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn and was contacted by an HR recruiter to set up a brief phone interview, which was a simple screen. Then I had a video interview which was a one-way skype - 20 seconds to prepare for a question that popped up on the screen. After that since I was an out of state applicant I had a phone screen with their sales manager. Was invited to Seattle to interview with two sales managers after that. My issue is I spent nearly $1,500 flying out there from Florida and all I got in return was a copy and paste generic email saying I didn't get the job. No reason, no explanation, nothing. Not a good sign of a good company, glad I didn't get the job. Seems like their product is getting tired, too. There's only so many agents. Stay away.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked me if I had more energy. Wanted to tell him I just spent $1,000 on a flight and flew all night to get there, seemed like an inappropriate interview question.   Answer Question

Zillow Response

Jul 22, 2014Director Recruiting

Thank you for your interview feedback. As a company and as part of our recruiting philosophy, we value swiftness of communication and timely feedback. With that, we have opted to use email in ... More

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied to Zillow via LinkedIn over the weekend. I was contacted on Monday to set up a video interview, then I was contacted two days after that for a phone interview(completed on Wednesday) and on Friday I had my in person interview.

The guy from HR who guided me through the whole process (who I assume was the recruiter) was super helpful and answered all of my questions. Definitely a positive and empowering interview

Interview Questions

• When was a time in the past when you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zillow.

Interview

3 step interview process. First a phone interview with the recruiter. Than a video interview which is difficult because it's similar to talking to a wall. Then, you are called into the office to meet with 2 sales managers and the VP of sales. The face to face interviews were horrible. I was put in a dark room (similar to an interrogation room) and waited long times in between each interview. The questions they give you are fast paced and they expect you know your stuff when it comes to sales.

Interview Questions

• Real Estate agents have heard every pitch from every salesperson, what would you say to them that is different from everyone else?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zillow.

Interview

The first 3 pre-interviews went well with relatively normal interview questions. Then there was my final phone interview... The guy that interviewed me was a recently promoted sales director and seemed pissed off and put out that he had to talk to me. He was abrasive and had all of the charm of a used car salesman. He also made it seem like Zillow was just a factory for outbound phone calls saying that 150+ phone calls a day would be expected. Needless to say, it turned me off on him and Zillow in general.

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zillow in April 2014.

Interview

I went through 2 phone interviews before being asked to come in for the face-to-face interview. I am pretty sure the phone interviews were to evaluate your excitement level and phone voice before moving forward. (So have good energy) I had three interviews back to back. The first two were with floor managers. I was asked to sell something that I sold in my past job and WHY I WAS GOOD FOR ZILLOW! Then the final interview was with the OC office sales manager which was were the expectations of this job were clearly outlined. Intense interview but prepared me for the job.

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zillow (Irvine, CA (US)).

Interview

This was a pretty straightforward sales interview. HR phone interview, Sales Director Phone Interview, then in person interview with 2 sales managers and the sales director. Show enthusiasm, resiliency and that you're a hard worker. Those are important to you being successful in the position. Be prepared, research the company and be ready to sell something in the interview. They are very transparent, the job is not easy and they tell you that, but keep in mind all sales jobs are challenging. The interview process moves fast and they will make their decisions quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, it's a sales job, sell something to make money. Base pay is competitive and benefits are great.

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zillow (Irvine, CA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

several phone interviews, very high energy and good questions, then you're asked to come in for on site interviews. They emailed permission to complete my background check.(which I received in the mail, all clear) Then the three interviews, sales manager, hiring manager and director of sales. In the face to face there was very little energy nothing like the phone. This was the day after St. Patricks day. They looked beat up,

Interview Questions

• When the hiring manager asked me "why do you want to get out of the Real Estate industry?" I said I did not think I was getting out of the Real Estate industry, just switching focus to help agents. He quickly scolded me and I mean scolded " We are not a real estate company, we are a media advertising company".   1 Answer