Zerin Business Consulting

Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.5

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in August 2013.

Process usually begins with a follow up call from the manager to the location you applied at. Typically you'll need to go to the office location a few times for interviews. They will ask what you can contribute to the office, team, clients and customers. Asked about previous work experience both negative and positive. Pretty quick and straight forward.

Interview Questions

Returned to finish my masters instead

Junior Executive Interview

The in-person interview was very straightforward with typical questions you would expect. It felt as though it was more of an initial screening to see whether or not the candidates were personable. I was informed that I would receive a call later that day if I made it through to the following stage. I was called again before 6pm that night and asked to come in later that day to shadow an employee and discuss the technicalities of the job. However, after further researching the job I decided to withdraw from the application process. I realized this was a door-to-door sales position and I am not interested in that.

Interview Questions

I read reviews online that stated this was a door to door sales position and I am not interested in that at the moment.

Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tysons Corner, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

They called me up very fast and said they were moving forward with my application which drew some suspicion. I went into the first interview and could tell this was a joke. The interview was really easy. The interviewer asked what I like to do for fun, which seemed unprofessional. I tried to ask more about the position but we tried really hard to go around it.
    Turns out it was just a door to door sales jobs they try to to get suckers to hire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in May 2013.

ZBC contacted me through the resume book at my University upon my graduation. I initially had a brief phone interview, was invited in for an in-person interview, and then asked back for an 8+ hour long job/shadow final interview. The first in-person interview was very vague and I was not able to get a good grasp on what sort of "consulting" they do. They assured me those questions would be answered in the second round interview if I was asked back. During the second round, I waited in the lobby for about 45 minutes and was then told I was going to go on a client-see with one of the employees. We drove out to Centerville, VA and quite literally did door-to-door marketing for Verizon for 5 hours on foot and in the heat fully suited up. Had I drove out to the location myself, I would have kindly dismissed myself. It is a pyramid scheme that offers no security and very little room for constructive skill improvement.

Interview Questions
    • There was no question asked that was difficult - it was more difficult to get a clear answer to my questions out of them   Answer Question

They are not a consulting group, they are a low-paying pyramid door-to-door sales scheme.

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tysons Corner, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in June 2013.

I applied via linkedin with a resume drop. The next morning they called and wanted me to come in for a interview. First day was a quick 1:1 interview with the assistant manager, then the 2nd day was a followup with two Team leaders who took me out to lunch. I was originally suppose to shadow them on their days work that day but the rain gave us other plans and the interview was cut short.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you could handle managing a team of employees within a year? If so, why do you think we should pick you for the job?   View Answers (2)

The job description didn't match up to what I would really be doing. It seemed like a really fishy triangle scheme that I didn't want to get involved in, and the starting pay was something aroudn $300 a week which is hardly enough to pay rent in the Northern Virginia area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in June 2013.

I submitted my resume to this job posting at Zerin via Indeed.com. I was contacted for a quick screening call within three days, after which time we arranged a one-on-one in person interview. Most of this interview was spent reviewing my resume and talking about Zerin's door-to-door direct marketing strategy. Within a day I was invited for a second-round interview, which consisted of shadowing current Zerin employees as they walked door to door in a neighborhood targeted for their current marketing campaign. Be ready to answer interview questions throughout this period during down time and at lunch. Also, try to engage with residents even if current Zerin employees dominate the conversation. After a few hours of walking door to door we returned to Zerin's office for a final one-on-one sit-down with a manager. The second round shadowing portion took from 1:30 to 8:00 in the evening.

Entry Level Sports Minded Professional Interview

Applied through school career website. Set up an in office interview which lasted about 10-15 minutes, typical questions (why sales, what stood out about Zerin, where do you see yourself in 5 years). They call you later that day and tell you to come in for a full day "shadow". You go door to door selling their clients product (in Reston its Verizon Fios), then interview with the office manager.

Interview Questions

Door to door sales was not for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in May 2013.

I was recruited through my school's job board. They were actually very friendly and sent me an e-mail asking me to interview with them and I gladly accepted. There was three interview stages, and they ran for a total of about 8 hours. Many of the questions were behavioural, and they wasn't anything too out of the ordinary.

NA

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in May 2013.

Was very easy and cut to the chase but they disguise their job when in reality it is door to door sales.

Interview Questions

Door to door is not what I would like to do.

Sales Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in May 2013.

Great communications / email exchange / scheduling.
    Went through 2 phones interviews. Mostly - need to have some Communication related experience I was originally hired via a temporary (staffing) agency to work there, so my interview process wasn't the normal process I expect. But there wasn't anything unusual about the process either. Standard questions asked about one's experience, how one handles certain situations, etc. It has been several years so I do not remember specific questions at this time.