Zerin Business Consulting

Engaged Employer

Zerin Business Consulting Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr, 2015

2.3

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in March 2015.

Interview

Prior to the interview, I did a bit of research on the company and noted that many referred to it as a "door-to-door" company. Having prepared my questions for the interviewer, I waited for the call. As a first impression, calling 15 minutes late is already a bad indication. The interviewer was very abrupt and asked very basic questions about experience and personal goals, which is expected. However, the interviewer was reluctant to answer my questions about percentage of travel time and the sales aspect of the position. I was told that I would get a response by 5:00 pm the next day. That following day, no response. A few days after the interview, I e-mailed and called the interviewer to inquire about any possible results. No reply to my e-mail and the call was rejected after two rings - didn't even go to voice-mail. My one suggestion is that if you have someone who is genuinely looking for work and takes the time out of his/her day to interview, do not waste his/her time if you intend to behave unprofessionally.

Interview Questions

Zerin Business Consulting Response

Mar 24, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your experience with Zerin.

I would like to apologize on behalf of whomever you spoke with for your interview. If you would like to reach out

Junior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Tysons Corner, VA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

It has three steps interview process. for the first one, the interviewer only asks simple questions such as tell me about yourself or what do you think about leadership. The job is 100 % door to door sale!

Interview Questions

• What are the qualifications for being as a manager/ leader?   Answer Question

Junior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied with my college and was called for an interview a few days later. Everyone was pleasant to speak with. The receptionist who greeted me in the front looked like she enjoyed working there. I was interviewed and given a breakdown of what the company does and what they are looking for. They told me they would call me later that evening if they would like me to come back in for another interview. I received the call and went in the following day which was much more relaxed. I was paired up with one of their current employees and we went down the road and grabbed some starbucks. It was much more conversational than a typical interview and I felt more comfortable asking questions when we were out of the office setting. The girl who I was shadowing was very nice and helpful in making it clear what the position entailed.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific just mostly trying to find out if you are a good fit for the company or not.   Answer Question

Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview: on the phone, they described themselves as a business consulting firm and emphasized that they consult other businesses in marketing their products.
    Secondary interview: they take you out for lunch or coffee and tell you what the business REALLY is. Which is NOT a business consulting firm. They are actually a direct marketing firm. Meaning you will be working from 11am-8pm walking around neighborhoods selling other company's products and services door to door. They even are willing to send people alone to do this (very dangerous). The place in which I was taken was so loud I could barely hear the interviewer, which may have been intentional. This company also is actually created through another company and their clients are given to them from this other company that remains nameless to you until you own your own firm. A company that does not wish for any association to it's own branch does not sound like a safe bet. Let alone the already blatant disregard for employee safety walking door to door.

Junior Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Interview

BE WARE THIS IS A DOOR TO DOOR SALES JOB! I went in for an interview and spoke with someone for about 15 minutes then they told me to come in the following day for the second interview at about 11am. NEVER TOLD ME I'D BE THERE TILL 9PM!

I went in for the second interview and there were 3 other people like me. Then they partnered me with a person who already works there and we walked out of the building and went into his car. At this point I still had no idea what was going on. Then we went into this neighborhood, which was 45 minutes away. We got out of the car and started knocking on doors. I was so shocked at what had happened. I couldn't leave because I didn't have my car and we were so far if I took a cab it would have cost a lot of money. We walked knocking door to door for 8 hours when the person I was with told me there was no salary or hourly wage, it was all commission.

When we got back the person offered me the job and I kindly denied it. He kept trying to sell me the job but I didn't get my degree to walk door to door trying to sell Verizon.

Door to door sales job!

Application

Interview

The ad posted:

"Junior Executive: Will be trained to interact and communicate with potential and existing customers as well as develop professional and personal managerial skills. Developing strategies for effective communication and presentations, time management, how to win and keep customers and public speaking."

The job description was vague and the compensation was said to be $2,900to $3,500 a month.

For my first interview, I was greeted by a very friendly receptionist who chatted with me until it was time to be interviewed. I met with the owner of the company who was very pleasant to talk to. We talked about my skills and why I thought I was a good fit for a business management position. For my second interview, I was taken to a Starbucks down the road and I realized it was a pyramid scheme. I would be going door to door to try and sell Verizon Fios. I sat through a very boring and irritating speech about how I could be making 90k in so many months. The base pay starting out would be $100 a week plus commission. Hours were M-F 11:00 to 8:30 and Saturday 11:00 to 6:00ish. I was invited for a third interview but I knew door to door sales wasn't for me. They were very pushy with persuading me that this was the job for me. I thought taking a run for the door was more appropriate....

Door to door sales...

Mar 04, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us to further better our hiring process. As a small company we are continually looking for ways to improve.

We're glad to hear that you had a

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for a job they listed online and was called the next day by a recruiter. I then met with several recruiters in the office who work in different areas and would be helping me in the process. We talked about the best way to move forward and what I would be looking for in a career. Everyone was very helpful and willing to answer all the questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected, it was a conversational interview about what I was looking for. Just make sure you have clear goals about what you want.   Answer Question

Mar 04, 2015

We hope that working with the

Entry Level Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Tysons Corner, VA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

"My suggestion for any future career opportunities you may encounter is to research the company before applying so you understand what position you are apply to and avoid wasting your time and the companies time." employee of zerin

Since I can not reply directly to your response, I will post here so others can be aware of this company. I did research the company, from facebook to your website and reviews but I still decided to do an interview because I could not find anyyy serious information on what your company involves. I did the interview so I could find out. I still wasn't told until the second interview. Maybe that's why you do 50 interviews a week and have so many people come through the door. I read things about sales. Nothing about door to door sales or what your company actually does. I find it so hard to believe that this business actually believes this is acceptable and that they believe that in their hiring ad they listed anything about door to door sales or that you would one day be owning your own company. The problem here is that they lie to get you in the door. By the looks of your facebook (because I did research) you have been at the building since July 2014 (that's as far as I cared to look back) I did not state my concerns at the interview because I was beyond shocked about what happened while I was there and the lies that were told from the job ad and interview.

As far as the pyramid scheme goes, im sure you have found your way around it all and as the reviews show im not the only one who believes this. I will be in contact with the bbb and I will make sure to show them all of the reviews. No matter how many loyal employees you have leave reviews, theres only so many that a small company can have.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions that had nothing to do with the job.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Interview

I applied on Career build, and get a phone call. She send me a email to confirm a interview day. I had no idea what is account manager do.

Interview Questions

don't match my career path

Mar 05, 2015

We wish you the best luck with your

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Tysons Corner, VA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

3 simple interviews, they just wanna know you better. The people are nice and they present themselves well, so make sure you look the part. However, I applied for corporate trainer online, and was expecting to interview for that position. Instead they interviewed me for another job. They didn't want to tell me what the job was at the first interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest misconception people have about you?   Answer Question
    • What is more important to you, money, advancement or work environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simply refused the job - they were too vague about the job. Not a good sign.

Mar 05, 2015