Zerin Business Consulting

Updated 13 Oct, 2014
Updated 13 Oct, 2014

2.5

Doesn't Even Matter Anything Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

I thought the interview process was fine over the phone, but when I got there it took me by surprise. I was interviewed along with another by the CEO and his assistant manager. Felt very weird for this to be happening to someone who is just applying for an entry level position. The moment I was turned off by the job was when the woman I was interviewing with (very very nice girl) explained to me the compensation through what I could be making in 2 years. (You can make 6 digits in a little over 2 years!) First of all, that is NOT professional and I'm sure that includes ruthless labor. She explained how much money the CEO was making and how he got to that salary, plus his past salaries. You guys cannot be interviewing candidates and explaining this information, it sounds desperate.

Further, whatever job you applied to that says entry level on it, disregard the title following that (aka, entry level junior executive, entry level account manager, etc.) It's all BS, and I caught on to this very easily. I asked both people interviewing me separately why they weren't interviewing for the specific role I applied for (account manager) and I got very weird and avoiding responses. I eventually learned the truth, that all entry level positions are the same (door-to-door sales) and you eventually move up from there. I told them repeatedly I was looking for account management experience because I applied for the account manager role, and I got, "you'll probably start to see that more in the next couple years of working here. No, guys, don't BS your applicants and waste their time. Whatever website you use to advertise the position openings, make it well known that's the structure of your company and that EVERY entry level role is the same thing. Also show the public that you only have 4 categories of positions, the first one being "entry level employee". Quite honestly, I don't even know if there are more than 4 different possible types of positions you can have in the company, because that's all that was explained to me.

Interview Questions
    • Hardest question you'll get is the difference between direct and indirect marketing, and if you're applying into marketing that should be a breeze.   Answer Question

Sketchy. That's not what I need for my first serious company out of college.

Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Pretty short and simple first round interview. Asked basic questions about myself and talked about the company. Not a lot of info given but I guess that will happen on later rounds.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in October 2014.

Very quick interview, less than ten minutes. Easy questions while he scribbled away on a note pad. Mr Hodge seemed intimidated when I started asking for details about the job. He was reluctant to answer any questions until if I was chosen for a second round of interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name three of your strengths
      Name on area you need to improve in
        Answer Question

Entry Level Junior Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Received a phone call Thursday morning from a cheerful young lady who found my resume on a job board and said that I was an ideal candidate for a position at her company. She asked if the Falls Church area was still good for me. She spoke very fast and didn't explain anything. I thought it was a joke. Nonetheless, I scheduled an interview for the following afternoon. I emailed her and asked for a position description and read some reviews online. Turned out to be a glorified door to door sales position.

Not interested in sales

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

I only attended the first interview. The people were very nice and the interview wasn't difficult, however they did wait until the end of the interview to mention that it is entirely commission pay. If the job posting had said it was commission based pay then I would probably not have applied.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me when I could start and wanted it to be in the next few days. Be aware before you apply that they really want to move quickly.   View Answer

I don't want to work for commission.

Entry Level Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in September 2014.

I submitted an application via careerbuilder and was contacted aggressively within the week for an interview.

The initial request for an interview was via e-mail, with a follow-up interview over the phone the next morning before I was able to respond to the e-mail. Rachel, in human resources, requested that I be available for an interview the next day on short notice. When I asked to interview the next week, due to other work commitments she stated she would have to talk to management.

I followed up with her via email asking for more information on the position and responsibilities, stating that I was not looking for a sales position she responded with an absolutely vague, important sounding position title that gave no information on the duties.

Ultimately, I officially withdrew my application after that via e-mail for several reasons:

-the HR specialist I spoke with seemed too young, and expressed herself too casually

-despite my inquires the HR representative presented false information and failed to directly answer my questions

This is a great company for recent graduates that have no qualms about working in an aggressive, fast-paced environment that are young, and want experience, but if you're looking for a more complex role in a developed organization this isn't the place for you.

Junior Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

I was first called to set up the initial interview. They asked general questions for about 10mins. then described the company for about 15mins. I was asked back for a second interview the next day where I was told would be a "day in the life of" type interview. So I would be shadowing an associate. I was still unsure though of what the job was. It was in that day I found out it was a door to door sales job selling Verzion Fios. I spent 7 hours going door to door with one of the associates and since I was not told about this I was wearing dress clothes and uncomfortable shoes that gave me blisters and a poor opinion about the company. Also, was told that most days I would be going door to door solo which made me feel very unsafe and nobody seemed to care about the safety side of it.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really difficult or unexpected. Just the typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Management Traine Program Interview

They initially had a phone interview. Then next day they called for an in person interview. The interview was quick and last 10 minutes. They told me to get back by the end of the day. In the evening, I got a call and was invited again next day for 6-7 hours. This did not make sense to me. Upon further research, I found out that it is just a door to door sales job with no or minimal salary.

Interview Questions

This was not what I was looking for in a job.

Junior Executive Interview

Applied on career builder, got the call instantly and set up an interview for the following day. The interview lasted 15 minutes, with general questions like "professional weakness?, 3 words to describe yourself, what do you like to do for fun" blah blah blah. explained they work with verizon but didn't give a description as to what the job would entail as it was just a preliminary interview and if i happened to get selected for round 2 then it would go into more detail. talked about the company and how they have happy hour together every thursday night and take trips together-whatever. afterwards i got down to the lobby and asked someone sitting down where the bathroom was, he directed me and then afterwards when i came out of the bathroom asked me who i just interviewed with bc i was holding a folder with my resume/notebook. told him and he said its his 4th day on the job, i asked "so whats the job like, what do you do there?" he replied with "i can't tell u what i do its a secret, i'm not supposed to tell anyone". so i asked "what do u mean you can't tell me?" he said if i got the call for the second round interview later in the day then they would explain more what the job was . sounded super sketchy and fishy, who says "i can't tell you what i do?" unless you work for the secret service or something?! i never ever write reviews for places but this one really shook me to the bone and i wanted to get it out there of what this place was like. nonetheless- when i left the office where the interview was at the walked to the lobby, about 10 other people were in there waiting to be interviewed. must be a high turnover rate. wonder why. just got the call for a second interview too but declined. I've read enough reviews about this place that I've concluded its a waste of time

Entry Level Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

I had 2 interviews. The first was a brief one on one interview where the employee went through a list of questions. I received a call the same day stating I received a second interview. The second was also a one on one interview where the employee went into detail about the job. I received a call the next day stating that I received the job and could come in the next day to fill out paperwork. I thought this was surprising, as I did not accept the position, but asked to have time to think about it. I ended up declining.

I was surprised at how many people were there interviewing. There had to be at least 10-15 people waiting for interviews during the few hours I was there. Shows that there is a high turnover rate, which is not good. Also surprised at how unprofessional the office and people waiting to be interviewed were. They were blasting music, and those waiting for interviews did not have on proper interview attire (club dresses & heels, no full suits) and some didn't even bring their resumes with them!

Interview Questions

I don't want to do door to door sales, plus, this company does not sound legit