Zerin Business Consulting

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.5

Entry Level Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tysons Corner, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in September 2014.

I submitted an application via careerbuilder and was contacted aggressively within the week for an interview.

The initial request for an interview was via e-mail, with a follow-up interview over the phone the next morning before I was able to respond to the e-mail. Rachel, in human resources, requested that I be available for an interview the next day on short notice. When I asked to interview the next week, due to other work commitments she stated she would have to talk to management.

I followed up with her via email asking for more information on the position and responsibilities, stating that I was not looking for a sales position she responded with an absolutely vague, important sounding position title that gave no information on the duties.

Ultimately, I officially withdrew my application after that via e-mail for several reasons:

-the HR specialist I spoke with seemed too young, and expressed herself too casually

-despite my inquires the HR representative presented false information and failed to directly answer my questions

This is a great company for recent graduates that have no qualms about working in an aggressive, fast-paced environment that are young, and want experience, but if you're looking for a more complex role in a developed organization this isn't the place for you.

Entry Level Junior Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Received a phone call Thursday morning from a cheerful young lady who found my resume on a job board and said that I was an ideal candidate for a position at her company. She asked if the Falls Church area was still good for me. She spoke very fast and didn't explain anything. I thought it was a joke. Nonetheless, I scheduled an interview for the following afternoon. I emailed her and asked for a position description and read some reviews online. Turned out to be a glorified door to door sales position.

Not interested in sales

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

I only attended the first interview. The people were very nice and the interview wasn't difficult, however they did wait until the end of the interview to mention that it is entirely commission pay. If the job posting had said it was commission based pay then I would probably not have applied.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me when I could start and wanted it to be in the next few days. Be aware before you apply that they really want to move quickly.   View Answer

I don't want to work for commission.

Junior Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

I was first called to set up the initial interview. They asked general questions for about 10mins. then described the company for about 15mins. I was asked back for a second interview the next day where I was told would be a "day in the life of" type interview. So I would be shadowing an associate. I was still unsure though of what the job was. It was in that day I found out it was a door to door sales job selling Verzion Fios. I spent 7 hours going door to door with one of the associates and since I was not told about this I was wearing dress clothes and uncomfortable shoes that gave me blisters and a poor opinion about the company. Also, was told that most days I would be going door to door solo which made me feel very unsafe and nobody seemed to care about the safety side of it.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really difficult or unexpected. Just the typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Junior Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in July 2014.

There was only one interview. They asked basic questions like, what makes a leader, things that describe yourself, and where do you see yourself in 5 years. My resume and qualifications had nothing to do with the job however they still offered me a position.
    - I declined the offer mainly to the fact that it it commission only and its door to door sales of Verizon fios.

Management Traine Program Interview

They initially had a phone interview. Then next day they called for an in person interview. The interview was quick and last 10 minutes. They told me to get back by the end of the day. In the evening, I got a call and was invited again next day for 6-7 hours. This did not make sense to me. Upon further research, I found out that it is just a door to door sales job with no or minimal salary.

Interview Questions

This was not what I was looking for in a job.

Junior Executive Interview

Applied on career builder, got the call instantly and set up an interview for the following day. The interview lasted 15 minutes, with general questions like "professional weakness?, 3 words to describe yourself, what do you like to do for fun" blah blah blah. explained they work with verizon but didn't give a description as to what the job would entail as it was just a preliminary interview and if i happened to get selected for round 2 then it would go into more detail. talked about the company and how they have happy hour together every thursday night and take trips together-whatever. afterwards i got down to the lobby and asked someone sitting down where the bathroom was, he directed me and then afterwards when i came out of the bathroom asked me who i just interviewed with bc i was holding a folder with my resume/notebook. told him and he said its his 4th day on the job, i asked "so whats the job like, what do you do there?" he replied with "i can't tell u what i do its a secret, i'm not supposed to tell anyone". so i asked "what do u mean you can't tell me?" he said if i got the call for the second round interview later in the day then they would explain more what the job was . sounded super sketchy and fishy, who says "i can't tell you what i do?" unless you work for the secret service or something?! i never ever write reviews for places but this one really shook me to the bone and i wanted to get it out there of what this place was like. nonetheless- when i left the office where the interview was at the walked to the lobby, about 10 other people were in there waiting to be interviewed. must be a high turnover rate. wonder why. just got the call for a second interview too but declined. I've read enough reviews about this place that I've concluded its a waste of time

Account Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mc Lean, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mc Lean, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in June 2014.

General personality questions in both initial and second round interview, working environment seemed apparently friendly and conducive, CEO and HR manager were very nice and accommodating, what are your future plans, why do you want to join

Interview Questions

Everything seemed a bit fishy in a sense, that they basically cloak the real job of door to door sales in the wrapping of direct marketing philosophy.

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in July 2014.

I was contacted via phone after submitting my resume to interview for the position. Upon arriving at their location I was very pleasantly greeted and made comfortable before the interviewer could see me. (Nice atmosphere, quiet, modern music, but uncomfortable hard plastic chairs.)

Interview Questions
    • 'Does cold calls, sales, and marketing sound like something you would be comfortable doing?'   View Answer

They will not accept you unless you are a salesperson. I responded to a training position, went in with that intent, and they attempted to thrust another position on me.

Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in January 2014.

I applied online and process took two days. Questions were simple but I was surprised that so many candidates were waiting for interview and I guess it was a door to door sale. I asked directly to the hiring manager but he did not give me proper response and said It is a part of management.

Interview Questions

Worked for Zerin Business Consulting? Contribute to the Community!