Yelp Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated 26 Oct, 2014
Updated 26 Oct, 2014

267 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yelp.

Overall good experience. During the interview process the sales department has you go through a phone interview and then Skype or in person interview (I'm assuming based on location). During both they give you role play scenarios where you have to cold call someone. It's not hard, but you do have to practice and take their advice seriously.

Interview Questions
  • Call a local business and convince them to subscribe to yelp (the business however doesn't want the product or care about it).   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Yelp.

After a phone interview, I was brought into their office. This interview consisted of a lot of role playing. The employees I spoke with were all very friendly and make you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • You must be okay with trying to sell someone their product when they continuously say no.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Yelp.

Applied on Yelp's website and was e-mailed a few days later to take a quick online test. Then I was called a few days later for a phone interview and then came into the SF office for an in-person interview with 3 hiring managers. They allocated 20min time slots to do a one-on-one interview with each of the hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • A company tells you that they need a few days to think about the Yelp service you are selling them. A few days later you call them back and they say that they still need more time. At this point you know that they are just trying to avoid you but you need to meet your quota. How do you approach the conversation?   Answer Question
    You can't negotiate. You have to take what you get.

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yelp.

Applied and got an email to fill out a questionnaire that comes off as difficult but it's not. Just want to see what you would do in certain situations. From there, you get a phone interview that just sees why you're interested in Yelp and Sales. Be sure to study up on the position from the information they email you. Then you'll do an in person interview with 3 sales managers.

Interview Questions
    • Role Plays: First is schedule a meeting. tips: be direct and try to schedule the meeting off the bat. Second is that the customer doesn't want to use the service anymore. Tips: Ask a lot of questions. Overall use their advice and if given another chance to try again, take it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yelp.

Overall, I did not have the best experience with Yelp. The interviewers seemed kind of in a hurry to get through my interview and were not at all familiar with my resume (one thought I had sales experience, but I don't). So the feeling of being rushed, along with the fact that the interviewers were unprepared really put me off.

After the phone interview (which is really easy, honestly I think they just want to make sure you can hold a conversation and are not a psycho), they had me come in for an on-site interview. As far as the structure, it's a 3 part interview with role play (which is a little awkward--googling some cold calling role play scenarios and practicing will help you get over it). They give you feedback after each scenario and the next interviewer will ask you what the feedback was, and expect you to implement it. Each interviewer also asked some standard interview questions. A few that come to mind are why yelp? Why sales? What is something you've had to work hard for? A time you messed up?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about time when you worked really hard for something and didn't get it.   Answer Question

Interviewers' attitudes were off putting.

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yelp.

Initial phone screen involving knowledge of material emailed to you. Sales role play situations on the phone. In person interview was strictly role plays with 3 different managers. After phone screen they invite you for an in person or Skype interview if you qualify and then after the in person interview they will decide whether to make you and offer or not in a week or so.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yelp in October 2014.

Very straightforward. Applied online, took a test, and then got a 15 min interview. Overall the experience was pleasant and fun. Spoke to someone in the Phoenix office and she was very knowledgeable. You are expected to do your research beforehand so that you can answer all the questions about the company.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Yelp in October 2014.

The process was aprox. two weeks. After submitting my resume I was notified via email for a phone interview. Aside of the recruiters baby generating background noise making it difficulty for me to hear her questions it went ok. I felt the first recruiter was somewhat rude & inconsiderate, (and I have childern).After that interview the following week I had a Skype interview with three individual. All very nice & professional.

Interview Questions
    • most of the process was role-playing. scheduling a phone appointment, and selling advertising package.   View Answer
    • The phone interview I was asked with my skills why did I want an entry level position?   Answer Question
    • what was my biggest accomplishment and what do I want to accomplish next?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Yelp.

The application process took a few weeks. After that I received my first phone interview. It was 10-15 minutes long asking about your knowledge about Yelp and why you want to work there. At the end we did a role play which I wasn't expecting.

Interview Questions
    • Hint- In the role play you have to sell Yelp to a customer, but spoiler alert *they don't want to buy it.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Yelp.

The interview process was great. You are given amazing feedback and all interviews make you feel like they want you to succeed. The questions make you think. I really enjoyed the interview process and felt challenged but treated fair. Definitely seems like an amazing company just from the interview.