Yelp Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated 18 Oct, 2014
Updated 18 Oct, 2014

264 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online – interviewed at Yelp.

Applied on Yelp's website and was e-mailed a few days later to take a quick online test. Then I was called a few days later for a phone interview and then came into the SF office for an in-person interview with 3 hiring managers. They allocated 20min time slots to do a one-on-one interview with each of the hiring managers.

Interview Questions
  • A company tells you that they need a few days to think about the Yelp service you are selling them. A few days later you call them back and they say that they still need more time. At this point you know that they are just trying to avoid you but you need to meet your quota. How do you approach the conversation?   Answer Question
You can't negotiate. You have to take what you get.

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yelp.

Applied and got an email to fill out a questionnaire that comes off as difficult but it's not. Just want to see what you would do in certain situations. From there, you get a phone interview that just sees why you're interested in Yelp and Sales. Be sure to study up on the position from the information they email you. Then you'll do an in person interview with 3 sales managers.

Interview Questions
    • Role Plays: First is schedule a meeting. tips: be direct and try to schedule the meeting off the bat. Second is that the customer doesn't want to use the service anymore. Tips: Ask a lot of questions. Overall use their advice and if given another chance to try again, take it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yelp.

Overall, I did not have the best experience with Yelp. The interviewers seemed kind of in a hurry to get through my interview and were not at all familiar with my resume (one thought I had sales experience, but I don't). So the feeling of being rushed, along with the fact that the interviewers were unprepared really put me off.

After the phone interview (which is really easy, honestly I think they just want to make sure you can hold a conversation and are not a psycho), they had me come in for an on-site interview. As far as the structure, it's a 3 part interview with role play (which is a little awkward--googling some cold calling role play scenarios and practicing will help you get over it). They give you feedback after each scenario and the next interviewer will ask you what the feedback was, and expect you to implement it. Each interviewer also asked some standard interview questions. A few that come to mind are why yelp? Why sales? What is something you've had to work hard for? A time you messed up?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about time when you worked really hard for something and didn't get it.   Answer Question

Interviewers' attitudes were off putting.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yelp.

Initial phone screen involving knowledge of material emailed to you. Sales role play situations on the phone. In person interview was strictly role plays with 3 different managers. After phone screen they invite you for an in person or Skype interview if you qualify and then after the in person interview they will decide whether to make you and offer or not in a week or so.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yelp in October 2014.

Very straightforward. Applied online, took a test, and then got a 15 min interview. Overall the experience was pleasant and fun. Spoke to someone in the Phoenix office and she was very knowledgeable. You are expected to do your research beforehand so that you can answer all the questions about the company.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Yelp.

The application process took a few weeks. After that I received my first phone interview. It was 10-15 minutes long asking about your knowledge about Yelp and why you want to work there. At the end we did a role play which I wasn't expecting.

Interview Questions
    • Hint- In the role play you have to sell Yelp to a customer, but spoiler alert *they don't want to buy it.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Yelp.

The interview process was great. You are given amazing feedback and all interviews make you feel like they want you to succeed. The questions make you think. I really enjoyed the interview process and felt challenged but treated fair. Definitely seems like an amazing company just from the interview.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Yelp.

Starts off with a phone interview that is fairly simple and asks what you are currently doing and what you are wanting to do. Pretty much a test to see if you can communicate and have an interesting background and ambition. Then there is 2nd interview where you have three different sections that ask about yourself and general interview questions followed by role play. The role play is not the easiest because they put you on the spot so be quick and keep it simple. After that you should await a phone call the next few days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yelp in September 2014.

I applied through their online portal and followed up with them at a campus career fair. They called me for a phone screen which just checked if i was competent. Then I got asked to interview at Yelp in SF a couple days later.
    The interview started off with a tour. Then I got placed in a room where three interviewers came in for a role play. The first role play was to get to a manager. Answer: Be direct. The second role play was to ask what you would do if a customer you were able to close decide to go somewhere else. Answer: Ask questions. Why Google Adwords? And the 3rd was sell anything you wanted.

Also the interviewers are really grumpy. Apparently they hire 30+ people EVERY month. The turnover is insane so they are always interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • The most important part is to be able to articulate yourself clearly and with confidence.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Yelp.

I received an email asking to do a preliminary phone interview and we scheduled it for the following day. I spoke to a male but right away, the conversation felt VERY rushed and he didn't seem very personable. I know I'm the one being interviewed but I personally don't like when interviews feel rushed and unimportant. He just asked me basic questions about my knowledge of the company and the services they offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing in particular but like I said, it felt very rushed.   Answer Question