Yelp

Updated 17 Jan, 2015
Updated 17 Jan, 2015

300 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Yelp in September 2014.

Applied through Career Center website and received an email about a week later asking me to take a personality test. After the test, I was contacted to set up a 10 minute phone interview where they asked me why I was interested in sales and working with a company like Yelp. I was then set up for a Skype interview with 3 hiring managers for 20 mins each.

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yelp.

1st Round-phone interview, basic questions about your background and why you are interested in working for the company.
    2nd Round-In-person interview with 3 different people at the company all asking different questions. The goal was to see if I could cold sell several different items in the room as well as convince someone to make a different decision than what they originally planned on making.

Interview Questions
    • Strangest question was, If there was someone who didn't want to work here, how would you convince them to take the job?   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yelp.

Attended career fair where recruiters seemed very interested. Next was a short online "quiz" basically to see if you are competent. Next was a phone interview. The woman who interviewed me was EXTREMELY rude. it was a very unpleasant experience and made me not want to work for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Leave a voicemail for a potential customer who has canceled on you three times   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yelp.

The phone interview was pretty straight forward at first. I was asked about my background and my interest in a high volume cold-calling position. I was asked to pretend to leave a voicemail for a business to get them on board with yelp. After receiving feedback, I was asked to do it again.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was asking to leave a business a voicemail, as described above.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Yelp.

Applied online and had two rounds of interviews. The first round took place over the phone and was a simple connect and roleplay scenario. After that I passed onto the second round which was conducted over Skype. They were quick and courteous with communicating with me over the phone and email. Overall just some basic background questions, being able to roleplay and do the job they asked, it all played out pretty easily and if you have had a job in sales or another client-facing job then it shouldn't be too difficult to get through each interview round.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, all a matter of asking questions to responses. Just implement the feedback they provide during the roleplays and you should be golden if done the right way.   Answer Question

Received job offer from a company I had more interest in.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Yelp.

Applied Online. Received an email a week later saying that I had been chosen for an interview. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. The interviewer was nice and professional. Make sure you do your homework about Yelp beforehand (they are looking for someone who already understands the business model). In my case they focussed on identifying my skills not examining my resume. Speak clearly and close. Accepted second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Role Play- How to get someone to talk to you that has been ignoring your phone calls.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

A few standard phone interviews, followed by a in person interview that involved a good amount of role playing. They want to see you make adjustments based upon their feedback.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yelp.

It seemed like less of an interview process and more like a screening process. It feels as though they just want to make sure youre interested and not totally stupid. Most people get offered jobs and the "interview" process is fairly easy. They are very transparent about what to expect, which I really appreciated.

Interview Questions

I am still considering other options

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yelp.

Interview with three different people. Each time you must perform a make believe sales pitch regarding a product of your choice, yelp itslelf. Different behavioral and basic interview questions.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Yelp.

The interview process was pretty straight forward. First I had a phone screen type of interview that was basic. Then a full phone interview, again not too difficult just getting to know me. Then finally a Skype interview that was one hour. There were two role playing scenarios. Know how to talk to a client and pitch the product