Yale-New Haven Hospital Interview Questions

Updated 8 Sep, 2014
Updated 8 Sep, 2014

Staff Nurse Interview

Looking for an ED assignment. Advertised job seemed challenging. They were willing to train me for procedures I wasn't familiar with. Only 12 hour shifts available, which was disappointing.

Interview Questions
    • How much experience do you have with blood draws and starting IVs?   Answer Question

Only 12 hour shifts available

Nurse Practitioner Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Yale-New Haven Hospital.

Easy - moderate difficulty, but nothing surprising. Questions are rather standard. Prepare and you will do well. It all went smoothly. Thankfully no group interviews. Ask to shadow for a day.

They don't negotiate.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Yale-New Haven Hospital.

About a week after submitting an online application, I was contacted by YNHH HR and they conducted an initial interview over the phone about my clinical experiences, career plans, etc. I was scheduled for an interview for the critical care internship for new graduate nurses. I got to the hospital with about ten minutes to spare before my scheduled time, but it didn't matter because the manager who was scheduled to meet with me was over a half hour late. He began the interview by asking, "so what do you know about us?" and proceeded to lecture me on the metrics in place to make sure patients are cared for appropriately in as little time as possible. He seemed to know nothing about me as an applicant and did not ask any questions about my experiences, but mostly just talked about their emergency department and explained how it works (I did my capstone in an ED and already knew 90% of what he was telling me about it). I also got the impression that he was trying to intimidate or scare me away by the way he spoke about the metrics and how YNHH is very selective with who they choose as employees, etc. Overall, I was put off by the way the interview was conducted and felt like I was expected to brown nose my way into the position instead of speaking objectively about my own qualities and why I want the position.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Yale-New Haven Hospital.

The interview was fair. I interviewed with HR and then the managers on the floor. There were some questions I was prepared for and some I wasn't. Overall, it was a professional and well conducted interview.

Referral Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Yale-New Haven Hospital in April 2014.

Applied online and one month later I received a phone call for an interview. On interview day I was given a personality test that took about a half hour. The HR rep that was to interview me was nowhere to be found as I was told but I remember seeing her when I was taking the test so my guess was that she didn't want to speak to me. So I was taken to the department where I applied to interview. Had a nice long interview with the supervisor who then had me briefly meet the manager. Later that day I was called for a second interview that was scheduled for 2 weeks later. Went to my second interview and met with the Director, nice meeting then they had me meet with the manager of the location that I would work at but she was not a person that I would report too, her problem with me was that I was in still in school and that I would not be able to work the shift that they were hiring about. I assured her that classes were almost over and that I am sure that by the time I was hire and trained that classes would have been completed and ready to work the assigned shift. Two weeks later I received an email stating that they hired someone that meets departmental needs. I was floored, I had 10 years experience that everyone I met liked and I had the education.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me what the difference between Physical therapy and Occupational therapy?   View Answer

Business Associate Interview

Very professional Human Resources Department. Friendly and informative.

Interview Questions
    • What is your weakest quality, the thing you like least about the way you work?   Answer Question

Billing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yale-New Haven Hospital in March 2011.

Met with hr first who interviewed me with general questions about past employment. Asked about education and why i wanted this position and what my goals were. The same day i met with the manager of that department who briefly asked me about my resume then had me take a test reagrding my skills for the posistion. After that they conducted a background check and referrences. Still in the process so im still waiting to hear back.

Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Yale-New Haven Hospital in December 2010.

It took couple of emails to get a reply but once the communication was established everything happened rapidly and I was able to decide if I wanna join the place right away. The people were friendly, the office staff were efficient and they were very welcoming to all.

Health Care Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Yale-New Haven Hospital in June 2010.

Took a long time for human resources to set up interview and then call with positive feedback and job offer once the decision was made. But overall, very informative, had a packet of information available to me with all that was offered - union information helped, also.

Parking was too costly and was not covered by employer.